Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a bug that one of my Safaris don't update/show the 3rd Pokemon (Vivillion) even though I've encountered it multiple times? The other 2 are Paras and Masquerain if that helps.

What's the best ability for litwick in game
To be honest, either ability for it works. Shadow Tag doesn't really matter considering they never switch out anyway.

Now for my question. I want to use Heracross for the Battle Tower(Both R/S and E) and the Battle Dome, but I'm having trouble deciding on what sets to use. All the Smogon sets listed here would work well since the only priority user in gen 3 is Breloom. The Sub-Salac set and Reversal sound like they'd work best for the R/S tower and the Dome, but Swords Dance and Choice Band are undeniable powerhouses that can't be ignored.

So, what set should I be using for those two(three?) facilities?

Is there a specific reason 0 Speed IVs are recommended on Pokemon like Aegislash and Ferrothorn? What purpose does the 0 IV serve?

Trick Room for Ferrothorn, and in Aegislash's case, so it moves after it's opponent (and thus takes damage while in Shield Form).

EDIT: duh, forgot about Gyro Ball for Ferrothorn.

Last edited:

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ferrothorn usually wants absolute minimum speed so that Gyro Ball can be as strong as possible. Probably the same reason for Aegislash, although I'm not sure if Gyro Ball is common on it.

Is there a reason why Sassy Larvitar with Pursuit and stealth rock is recommended, instead of a careful Larvitar?
Larvitar runs a Sassy nature when it wants to use Fire Blast (a useful option against Pokemon like Ferrothorn or Scizor who might try to switch in on you). If you aren't using Fire Blast, then Careful is a perfectly acceptable nature.

Ferrothorn usually wants absolute minimum speed so that Gyro Ball can be as strong as possible. Probably the same reason for Aegislash, although I'm not sure if Gyro Ball is common on it.
Aegis For GB and also...
Aegis needs to stay in Shield Forme for the whole turn so it can stay alive and not take hits in Blade Forme.

Is there a specific reason 0 Speed IVs are recommended on Pokemon like Aegislash and Ferrothorn? What purpose does the 0 IV serve?
Aegislash and Ferrothorn are both great users of Gyro ball, which does more damage the slower you are. Since neither of them are quick, you're likely going second anyway.
In addition, Aegislash is more likely to take an enemy attack in it's shield form if it's slower.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Befriending Power 2/3 + Soothe Bell and fighting your rival in Kiloude is usually enough to get the required happiness to evolve.

Or, you can leave your 3DS on for a few minutes with a dime wedged in the circle-pad, and bike around the center of Lumiose. Takes like 15 minutes, so you can go eat lunch or whatever while you wait. Don't forget the soothe bell! (And don't use befriending power--it'll stop you from moving)

Does anyone know if there are any methods for cloning that work after patching to 1.2? I really need some more leftovers, but don't wanna spend time doing the pickup method.

On that note, did anyone clone a ton of lefties? I would trade for them.

Also, is there any way to downgrade from 1.2 to 1.1 so i can clone?

Why is Articuno so sought after on the GTS? It still is pretty bad competitively, and everyone can get all the legendary birds they want in less than 20 days ...

best way to breed outrage and Dragon Dance onto a charizard?
Its_A_Random summed it up pretty well.

If you use an Axew or Dratini, it is learned by level up to level 55(Dratini) or 56 (Axew)

If you use a Fraxure or Dragonair, it is learned by level up to level 60(Fraxure) or 67(Dragonair).

If you use a Haxorus or Dragonite, it is learned by level up to level 66(Haxorus) or 67(Dragonite).

They are all learned around the same level for each evolutionary stage, so neither is better than the other.

Why is Articuno so sought after on the GTS? It still is pretty bad competitively, and everyone can get all the legendary birds they want in less than 20 days ...
My guess is it seems fewer people picked the grass starter this time around, so there are fewer Articuno than Zapdos or Moltres. Competitive use isn't everything, and not everyone will be able to take advantage of Pokebank, given a high number of players returning to the series for the first time in a while (in addition to the first-timers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)