harry potter in other countries

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
germany: mein leben! die wanden unt das broomen?! ich bin ein wizard! yippie!!

italy: ahh voledemorte killed a my bellisima mama! ahh!

florida: harry you gotta take the 4 wheeler down the cookies isle at publix to get to orlando community wizard school

afghanistan: (pending)

post your harry potter alternate universe

fun fact, when i was reading through the french translation of harry potter 5, there was a line that meant 'voldemort raised his wand', and they translated 'wand' as 'baguette'.
that was the hardest i laughed since i discovered morgan treeman, i don't know why

DISTROBRO

Banned deucer.
Yeah for the record, baguette actually means "wand" first and "very french bread" second according to my dictionary, since it comes from Latin baculum (wooden stick)
It actually has a lot of different meanings but generally just describes something long and thin

I really should check if they've actually gone and finished the Latin translation. I didn't end up reading the series as a kid so that was going to be my first time through.

United States Trilogy: Harry Potter and the Hysteria of Critical Muggle Theory, Harry Potter and the History Course On Why Death Eaters Are Actually The Good Guys, and Harry Potter and the Quiet Kids Who Make All the Popular Half-Bloods Pay
Wales: Harry Potter and the Insurmountable Language Barrier (It's LeviTOASTa, not Levi-Tos-Tah)
Belgium: Harry Potter and the Capacity of Unimaginable Cruelty Possessed By Francophones
Afghanistan: Harry Potter and the Mugwump Mujahideen (Basically the Order of the Phoenix except the CIA gave them Stingers)
Saudi Arabia: Harry Potter and the Worship of No God But Allah
Hungary: Harry Potter and the Minister Approved Curriculum
Israel: Harry Potter and Actually the Goblins Are Supposed To Be Coded As Arabs
Kentucky: Harry Potter and the Family More Inbred Than The Lestranges
Netherlands: Harry Potter and the Continued Use of Parchment In Humid Floodplains

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)