Hail the Queen! (Peaked #1)

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
NOTE: This team was dominant before the new UU additions: Machamp, Magic Guard Alakazam, Chandelure, Darmanitan, Tornadus, Hippowdon, and Whimsicott.

From the creator of DPP's famous UU hail team, BlizzSpam, brings you this generation's premier UU hail team, Hail the Queen!. With this team, I have been dominating the UU ladder. Both of my nicknames, WhiteQueen and its alternative BlackQueen, are #1 and #2 respectively on the leaderboard. I was also the first person to break the 1500 mark on the UU leaderboard (I think). There have been many feeble attempts at dethroning me but to no avail at all.

So without further ado...

I present you my BW UU hail team.

AT A GLANCE:

-----------------

ABOMASNOW (Abomasnow) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
- Leech Seed
- Protect

DESCRIPTION: Last generation, I terrorized my oppositions with Snover. A freaking Snover, mind you. So with Abomasnow at my disposal, my opponents usually have more than they could ever handle. With any hail teams, Abomasnow is a must. She's the only hail-inducer in the game, and despite her many weaknesses, her resistances to pests like Suicune more than make up for her shortcomings. She's my answer to Suicune, Slowbro, Blastoise, and pretty much every other water pokemon out there.

EVs
: This is my absolute favorite spread on Abomasnow as it gives her both power and bulk. Wood Hammer hits like a truck, so unless something like Slowbro has at least 75% of its health, it won't be able to survive a hit. Leech Seed is there to heal back her health, extremely useful against pokemon like Snorlax and Cresselia or any other pokemon on the switch. Protect not only allows her to zap the enemy's health with Leech Seed, but it's also a good scouting and utility move to weaken an opponent with hail. Ice Shard is a very deadly, yet underrated move; it picks off weakened pokemon and OHKOs a Flygon with full health.

FROSLASS (Froslass) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Blizzard
- Spikes

DESCRIPTION
: Don't let her petite cuteness fools ya. Froslass is an absolute nightmare in the hailstorm with her amazing ability, Snow Cloak. She's so annoying; my mountain of victims can easily attest to that. When she's behind a Substitute and have Thunder Waved something, all three layers of spikes will be down on an enemy's side of the battleground easily. Blizzard hurts like a motherfucker despite the minimal Sp.Attk invesment. She also makes a good Heracross check when it has been locked into a Megahorn or Close Combat; Megahorn is only a 2HKO if Heracross is wielding a Choiceband. As a bonus, she's also my spin blocker.

EVs: Straightforward spread. It gives her maximum Speed and the 248 HPs allow her to switch into Stealth Rock four times from full health.

CRYOGONAL (Cryogonal) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 40 SDef / 220 Spd
- Blizzard
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

DESCRIPTION: This weird ice thing is special, no pun intended. Even though Cryogonal is as frail as frail gets on the physical spectrum, she's a beast on the special side. She's a very reliable rapid spinner as long as she's used properly. Don't be a fucking dumbass and switch Cryogonal into a physical attacker. Run quickly and switch in Suicune or Mew to absorb a physical hit for her instead; she has absolutely no business taking a physical hit, even a weak one. BUT, when it comes to absorbing special attacks, Cryogonal's a monster. At good health, she could switch into Milotic, Suicune, Mismagius, Slowbro, and even Nidoking all day long.

EVs: Before using this spread, I had Cryogonal with 252 SDef. With that much SDef, no special attack could OHKO her except a powerful Specs Overheat from Rotom-H. But, with 220 Speed, Cryogonal is faster than all base 100 Speed pokemon, like Zapdos and Celebi, which I find to be very beneficial. I have lost track of how many Zapdoses I have blizzed to death with Blizzard. Hidden Power Fire is there solely for Escavalier and opposing ice pokemon. The 248 HP allows Cryogonal to switch into SR four times from full health.

SUICUNE (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

DESCRIPTION: Suicune is my physical and fire attacks absorber. Without him, I wouldn't be able to endure powerful attacks like V-create from Victini or take a Flare Blitz from the likes of Arcanine. He also makes a good switch in to a Heracross wielding a ChoiceScarf. With Rest keeping him healthy and Sleep Talk having a good chance to randomly choose either Scald (which 30% of the time burns the hell out of any switch-in pokemon) and Roar phazing most everything away, no pokemon is safe to set up or switch in on me. With hailstorm, Stealth Rock, and Spikes on the battleground, this set becomes extremely dangerous.

EVs: Max HP and Defense give Suicune max physical defensive prowess. At full health, it is almost impossible to OHKO Suicune on the physical side.

MEW (Mew) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Softboiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

DESCRIPTION: Ah good 'ole Mew went from being an Uber pokemon last generation to an UU pokemon with the release of Pokemon Black and White; that's quite a fall. So without question, Mew becomes one of the biggest threats in the UU metagame, both defensively and offensively. Mew makes an awesome Stealth Rock user, as she's durable enough to set up the rocks over and over again. With the combination of Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, and Softboiled, Mew is capable of destroying an entire team while keeping herself healthy. Stall teams are usually hopeless against me because of this set. Even offensive teams would have trouble taking down Mew. With WoW crippling everything in sight and with the hailstorm brewing, I easily wear my opponents down.

EVs: The 176 Speed ensures that Mew is faster than Roserade and all other base 90 Speed pokemon. The rest of the EVs go straight to her HP and Defense to give her maximum physical defensive durability.

FLYGON (Flygon) (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

DESCRIPTION
: Where do I even begin with this one? First off, I just want to say that I really dislike Flygon. I think very lowly of Flygon since Abomasnow's Ice Shard usually OHKOs him. Thus whenever I see a Flygon, I think to myself: great! It's six vs. five. Woohoo!!! With that out of my system, Flygon fits this team perfectly. He resists Electric attack (Volt Switch is annoying!), he's a good Trick absorber, an even greater revenge killer, and he cleans up late game extremely well when everything has been weakened by hail and entry hazards. He also makes Rotom-H and Escavalier a bit less annoying to deal with, which is definitely a plus.

EVs: Straightforward spread. Maximum Speed and Attack to deal, well, maximum damage. Even with an Adamant Nature, Flygon is still faster than a max Speed Heracross (and all other base 85 Speed pokemon) wielding a ChoiceScarf.

THREATS: Not many, to be frank. It's usually the combination of Rotom-H , Roserade, and Escavalier that give me the most trouble. Other than that, I can work my way to victory around everything else.

Excellent team WhiteQueen, I've faced it several times (with a hail team of my own) and to no avail. I honestly think that Cryogonal is the key to your team's success, I actually despise that thing since it is so surprisingly effective. The combination of Suicune and Mew and Flygon really handle all of the top threats quite well, such as Victini and Heracross. I really don't have much to say at all. Congratulations on your achievements and the successful team! The only thing I might say is to try out Taunt on Froslass somewhere, it can be extremely useful at times, especially when facing set up sweepers.

Not that it matters, but my alt is in your screenshot xD

(PingPing) I peaked like 3rd or 4th or something lol (screw decay)

edit: WhiteQueen, don't be a pompous ass to everyone trying to give you constructive criticism. Just because you hit number one doesn't give you the right to rebuke everything ppl are saying. If you don't wanna hear it, then why the eff did you post an RMT in the first place?

I feel as if CurseLax could give this team a hard time, since it has pseudo-resistance to your main attacking move and a humongous SpD stat. If it gets enough curses under its belt you may be in for some trouble with no powerful fighting moves in your arsenal. I mean sure, you can seed/ burn/ roar it out (if its not the last), to be honest, is something your going to have to play around. I'm not doubting that you cannot play around it, but your going to need to play smart is all.

Overall very nice team, might have to use it myself.
0:

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
i know delta hit 1500, as did bloo, and i hit 1506 on my fatty! alt, so yea not the first on that one, but that doesn't take away from the immense success this team has had. i remember playing you a couple times (16 bit, trolley snatcha alts) when you were kinda in the middle of your ladder run, and the series were fairly even. but then you changed the team a bit, mostly nitpicky things, and you've been dominant ever since, which shows in your #1 and #2 spots.

as for the team itself, you've got most of the top threats covered, but a couple things stick out. escavalier and heracross look like they can really do a number on this team, especially with your best switch into esca being lass and not wanting to risk a burn on hera with a scald from cune. secondly, pursuit users seem to be a real issue. cb weavile / mixed houndoom can easily trap and take out froslass, cryogonal, and even mew if it's sufficiently weakened. that allows a smart player to essentially eliminate half your team, obviously making it a lot harder for your team to run smoothly. furthermore, both weav and doom resist ice, making them harder for a hail team like yours to deal with.

in order to remedy this, you could try hitmontop > cryogonal, which allows for a good defensive pivot against hera / esca and makes you less prone to pursuit users. on the other hand, though, this does open you up to special attackers such as zapdos and celebi, so i guess it's just a 'pick your weakness' type of situation.

overall, great example of uu hail atm and congrats on your "domination" of the uu leaderboard.

Faced this team a few times and gave ya some speed bumps on the way up, but this is really just the best ladder team out there, congrats.

I do remember specifically you had quite a bit of trouble with powerful physical Choice Scarf Pokemon like Medicham and Heracross. If the opponent has a strong Pursuit user, which will basically always be paired with one of these CS mons, I'd make sure that you run enough Speed on Flygon to outpace Jolly base 85s. Even Adamant 85s, so you can deal with Heracross (but still lose to Jolly Cham). It's a small change and only patches up a small hole.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Great team, I'm only disappointed you didn't go full out BlizzSpamming. It's actually really, really good!

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
thank you for the kind words, ladies. :)

so i have seen more than a few people using my team on the ladder...here are some suggestions:

1) when you see arcanine, victini, hera, any powerful physical attacker in prematch team preview. be gentle with suicune. sure, he's very bulky, but be gentle with him. don't let him faint when those threats are still in good health.

2) mew makes an awesome status absorber! keep switching mew into togekiss, umbreon, zapdos, etc to take a toxic or thunder wave. those pokemon will also be statused when they fuck with mew! what goes around really comes around when it comes to mew.

3) yeah cryogonal is really specially bulky. but her main job really is to just get SR out of the field. once the enemy's SR pokemon is dead, use her as sacrificial fodder. anything more than that is just a huge bonus!

4) If the enemy's SR user is something like a donphan, and you only have SR up yourself, don't worry about switching in froslass to block his spin. Mew can always set SR back up. so it's best to just switch in mew to burn Donphan or whatever it is. unless you have SR and spikes up, there's no reason to put froslass in danger so quickly.

that also applies to hitmontop and blastoise. just switch in mew to burn them or get toxic'ed since mew's synchronize ability will bounce it right back at 'em! when hitmontop is burned, froslass can then come in to play with it all day and night long--and get down 3 layers of spikes easily in the process.

5) THIS IS CRUCIAL. IF THE ENEMY'S TEAM DOESN'T HAVE A GHOST POKEMON. ALWAYS LEAD WITH ABOMASNOW AND GET THE HAIL UP ASAP. Since Cryogonal can come in to spin the SR away eventually with it's good speed anyway.

that's all for today's lesson. the rest really depends on the player too. this team is more than capable of beating any type of teams as long as you're a decent player.

i feel inclined to post my team below so you guys can abuse the ladder and piss people off. muahahah.

----

ABOMASNOW (Abomasnow) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
- Leech Seed
- Protect

SUICUNE (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

CRYOGONAL (Cryogonal) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 40 SDef / 220 Spd
- Blizzard
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

MEW (Mew) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Softboiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

FROSLASS (Froslass) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Blizzard
- Spikes

FLYGON (Flygon) (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Alright I'm just going to say one thing and one thing only, a Scarfed Heracross that switches into Mew's Will-O-Wisp is going to fuck this team up with Megahorn as with rocks down even Froslass is 2HKO'd. I'd Suggest that maybe you just run max speed on Flygon to help keep Heracross in check. Or run something like Sub Roost Zapdos to shrug off the hits.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
let's assume heracross is at 100%, and i have stealth rock up and the hailstorm is brewing.

mew uses will-o-wisp, heracross enters battle to take the burn. heracross will lose -12% of its health because of sr and -6% because of hail and another -10% because of burn. that's -28%. then it attacks mew with megahorn. mew faints. heracross loses another -16% because of hail + burn.

heracross so far lost -44% of its health. i sent in abomasnow next. i use protect. heracross loses another -16% of its health, so it's now down to 40% of its health. abomasnow's ice shard probably won't be able to finish heracross (with 40% health) off, and if i used ice shard, heracross will faint along with abomasnow after heracross uses an attack. but since protect now has a 50% chance, i will probably use protect again, and if it works, heracross will lose another -16% and be down to 22% health. at that point, abomasnow's ice shard will finish off heracross with ease.

also, a healthy suicune can absorb a guts megahorn from a scarfed heracross and rest off the damage. if i recall correctly, flygon can also take a hit with that hp investment.

SO AS YOU CAN SEE. THERE IS NO CHANCE IN HELL HERACROSS CAN EVER FUCK MY TEAM UP.

anyways, max speed on flygon doesn't sound bad. as for zapdos, it's not cute enough to make this team. that and i just hate all pokemon that are weak to sr. ice pokemon are an exception :)

Having fucked up this team with scarf heracross many times i can say with certainty that the above post is false

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
hahah the people you battled that used this team obviously wasn't me. scarfed heracross is a 3hko for suicune. can't 2hko froslass (with megahorn). can't even ohko mew. or flygon.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
If you have to sacrifice two Pokemon just to defeat Heracross, that sounds like fucking your team (and that is if they do exactly what you want to). If you max Flygon's Speed you'll be able to outpace it, and that will also allow you to beat every Kingdra variant after a Dragon Dance, which helps as it kinda wrecks you.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
that's NOT as if they do what i want them to. i explained to silentrevolver why a burned bandedheracross can't touch me. i also explained to snunch why a scarfedheracross can't touch me either. yeah it's annoying for sure and is a huge threat, but it's not something i can't work around

heracross is one of the most used and dangerous pokemon in uu. if i couldn't work my way around it, would i have been able to dominate the ladder as i have been doing, even with this rmt posted?

like heracross, kingdra has never been able to "wreck" me either. so stop saying things that aren't true

just go ask my mountain of victims, including silentrevolver and snunch themselves... sighs

yeah the max speed on flygon does help. i changed it since

Maybe replace Fire Punch on Flygon with Stone Edge? While i see that it is for a quick and easy solution to Escavalier, Stone Edge hits pokes like Arcanine, Victini, and Zapdos harder (yes, while the first two are hit hard by EQ as well, the opponent could see around that and switch in a Flying type/ Levitator). The extra crit rate is always nice in a pinch as well.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
earthquake already ohkos both arcanine and victini. zapdos is easily dealt with by froslass and cryogonal

user bluewind: don't be a retard. ladder is where you use your teams mostly. where else would you use it? duh

a bit cocky much? Once the voting period start, Ill be there to wreck the ladder :P

Its a nice team but with good prediction scarf heracross can wreck the team, but same could be said about your team if you predict accurately against heracross so i don't think its as bad as snunch makes it. I also like the use of the snowflake since its rarely used and it holds your team together. Although having a spinner weak to all forms of layers makes me a bit worried. If a team can get some layers on you while maintaining momentum, its going to be a long day for your team.

whoops never used the snowflake lol XD

But still weak to SR, so if they can prevent rapid spin your team will have a hard time switching around. Unlike hitmontop you wont get many chances to switch around if they can keep momentum. So i would consider hitmontop>crygonal to prevent being too sr weak

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
but yeah, stealth rock is probably my biggest "weakness"

my friend "silverqueen" also used this team to reach #1. that's how beastly this team is

anyways, cryogonal is an excellent spinner since most spin blockers are mismagius, froslass, etc. and those pokemon can't touch cryogonal. so i can always spin on a good prediction. mismagius doesn't enjoy a blizzard, and froslass doesn't enjoy an hp fire; so they don't enjoy staying in on cryogonal in general, so i can spin on the switch when the enemy's spin blocker is low on health. that and cryogonal has a reliable recovery move, unlike hitmontop. and it's also fast as hell

So after looking at this team a little more carefully I feel like this deserves another thoughtful rate, so here it goes!

From experience, resttalk suicune is simply outclassed by Milotic. Period. New sleep mechanics really fuck up resttalkers, and when you have a top-tier bulky water like Milotic available, you can sacrifice the extra bulk for reliable recovery. Trust me, once you use Milotic a few times you'll never go back to cune.

My second point of concern is Mew. From experience playing against your team (used by both yourself and others), Mew is the weak link by far. The fact that it can only threaten opposing mons with Will-O-Wisp makes it very easy to switch in and set up on. A change to Nidoqueen lets you keep SR, counter most if not all of the fighting-types in UU, and adds tspikes which your team looks very good at abusing.

After you make these changes, especially the suicune -> milotic one, I would sit back and think hard about whether your team needs rapid spin. Abomasnow is filling a very offensive role and doesn't look like it would care much about switching into SR. You would think that Froslass would like rapid spin, but your strategy of "hope i get lucky" really doesn't depend on Froslass being at full health. Keeping that in mind, I think switching Cryogonal to a subsplit Rotom-F would really help your team out. Rotom-F counters a lot of special attackers like Raikou that you depend on Cryogonal to cover, and it's an overall much better pokemon than Cryogonal. Give it a shot!

okay seriously, stop saying i have a hard time and stuff just to say it. if i had such a hard time as you people made it sound, i wouldn't have been able to monopolize the top two spots on the uu leaderboard

but yeah, stealth rock is probably my biggest "weakness"

my friend "silverqueen" also used this team to reach #1. that's how beastly this team is

anyways, cryogonal is an excellent spinner since most spin blockers are mismagius, froslass, etc. and those pokemon can't touch cryogonal. so i can always spin on a good prediction. mismagius doesn't enjoy a blizzard, and froslass doesn't enjoy an hp fire; so they don't enjoy staying in on cryogonal in general, so i can spin on the switch when the enemy's spin blocker is low on health. that and cryogonal has a reliable recovery move, unlike hitmontop. and it's also fast as hell
Who said i have to stay in to take the blizzard? Bring in another poke that can force a switch to the expected blizzard/switch and you have done your job of forcing more sr damage. If people are not abusing stealth rock/spinblock/momentum switching then they are not properly dealing with hail teams. Also we could do with less bragging.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol

if you feel like this needs to be unlocked pm me but as far as i can tell this is going nowhere

Jibaku EDIT: This thread is a fun read.

Jibaku EDIT2: Bluewind's post is amazing.

SoT Edit: Hi Jibaku. Also play nice guys.

this is the rate my team forum, not the tutoring forum. i think you clicked the wrong subsection of the site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)