Guy films young girls ass during photo-shoot and gets mad when asked to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it really hasn't. When you do something odd in public, people will video tape you. When that something odd is bending over, the only thing people really are getting a shot of are either your ass or your cleavage.

This is not in any way the same as "wear provocative clothing, get raped". What that guy did wasn't illegal. It was dickish to keep doing it after being asked to stop, but it wasn't illegal and no harm was done to the "victim".
Except that now it's all over the internet, not to mention having your ass taped is rather emotionally scaring, shouldn't you think? You say no harm was done but you look at that tape and the girl was clearly unnerved. Why don't we get a woman's opinion since I believe everyone who has posted so far is a man.

And no, what he did isn't equal to "wear provacative clothing get raped," but people saying "she deserved it" obviously have a perverse opinion on this topic...

Might I add, what is odd about doing street ballet? it's not like she was laying on the ground with her back arched, intentionally doing so provocative pose. She had no intention of doing anything sexual whatsoever, and are you telling me that if she said stop, that man shouldn't have to immediately stop? Even if she didn't say it her mother did. If filming her ass and crotch didn't cross some moral line, then not stopping when he was told to certainly did. Also in some circles this could be considered voyeurism, since he aimed the camera at her crotch, which, by the way, is completely illegal.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
She's an average looking girl on YouTube. I really don't think the guys in this topic are thanking the heavens for someone putting this video up with the millions of other ass videos online.

I'm really wondering why in the world she was doing what she was doing in the first place. If it's a photoshoot, I'd say you're very wrong about this being "emotionally scarring" as spreading her image around is exactly what she would have been doing. As mentioned, the cameraman was at an even lower angle.

Nobody is saying "she deserves" it in a malicious way. People are saying that what happened was to be expected. People capture odd happenings in public. If you're performing anything in a public space, this is something you should expect. If you don't want it to be captured, do it in on private space you own.

This is like uploading a picture to your Facebook and finding out that people can link to it anywhere. Keep shit you want private to yourself.

Dude, the law says you can't film someone without their permission. So. No. She wasn't asking for it. You seem like the type who would date rape some slutty chick because she was dressed skimpily and say "she was asking for it!" That line of thinking is not only wrong, it's why there are so many rapists and pedophiles. Seriously? She was asking for it? Unless she really was, literally, asking for it, it's never okay.

I actually have a successful relationship, and I wouldn't even consider doing something like that, obviously unlike you, so shut the hell up.

And are you serious? It's illegal to capture somebody on camera without their permission? Holy hell, if you walked through a town center with a video camera, you would be asking hundreds or thousands of people to sign forms consenting to their appearance in your film. And if I was to make a video of multiple people without their permission and never do anything with the video but let it sit on a memory card, that would be just fine. Posting it on Youtube might not be legal, as I said earlier.

And yes, she was entirely asking for it. There's this place called "public", that's where thousands of people are, and that's where this girl is, wearing undeniably short shorts, spreading her legs for all to see. If you are up to date with this thing called "technology", you would have heard about things called "studios" and "green screens". They allow you to photograph in a private setting and make it appear as if you are somewhere else with the "green screen".

Yeah there was just an all-around aura of pointlessness to the whole entire thing, meaning why were they in Times Square. Eh, pretty weird interchange if you ask me. And yeah, because of its weirdness I just found it wrong (well 1 reason why anyhoo).

Here's something else that's weird too lol that this reminded me of o.O
Try not to read any comments or anything before watching vids lol, I couldn't read the comments at first because I was looking at the vid through my phone via a twitter thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKjsUL-escE
Hey, thanks for showing us a video in which a female gets killed IRL without warning us.

thanks a lot.

goober.

I actually have a successful relationship, and I wouldn't even consider doing something like that, obviously unlike you, so shut the hell up.

And are you serious? It's illegal to capture somebody on camera without their permission? Holy hell, if you walked through a town center with a video camera, you would be asking hundreds or thousands of people to sign forms consenting to their appearance in your film. And if I was to make a video of multiple people without their permission and never do anything with the video but let it sit on a memory card, that would be just fine. Posting it on Youtube might not be legal, as I said earlier.

And yes, she was entirely asking for it. There's this place called "public", that's where thousands of people are, and that's where this girl is, wearing undeniably short shorts, spreading her legs for all to see. If you are up to date with this thing called "technology", you would have heard about things called "studios" and "green screens". They allow you to photograph in a private setting and make it appear as if you are somewhere else with the "green screen".
There are so many things wrong with what you just said including that you seemed to accuse me of rape, or if you didn't you made it sound like it. Either way, anyone should be able to refuse to be filmed for just about any reason (besides legitimate surveillance). Even if you are in public you deserve a bit of privacy and personally security in the form of know that every move you make isn't being taped (in my opinion at least).

Lets make an example. How about I follow you through a grocery store with a video camera? Kind of creepy huh? I'm not even doing anything perverse like looking at (I'm straight so don't take this the wrong way) your girlfriend's crotch. Even if it doesn't creep you out, it could creep someone else out, and they should have the right to tell me to stop. Even if there was a big sign outside stating my presence and exactly what I was doing, where you would be "asking for it" if you shopped on that day.

Also, ask any photographer, photographing on a green screen with studio light vs out on the street, is totally different.There are many reason why if you were doing a professional (or educational) photo shoot you would want to do it outdoors.

Lets make an example. How about I follow you through a grocery store with a video camera? Kind of creepy huh? I'm not even doing anything perverse like looking at (I'm straight so don't take this the wrong way) your girlfriend's crotch. Even if it doesn't creep you out, it could creep someone else out, and they should have the right to tell me to stop. Even if there was a big sign outside stating my presence and exactly what I was doing, where you would be "asking for it" if you shopped on that day.
if youre following someone around, that could be considered harassment (you realize there is a difference in following someone around and coming across a person in the middle of the street right?). if someone is performing on a street corner and you stop to watch, thats considered entertainment.

one of these situations is intentional and one is serendipitous, the question is can you tell the difference?

if youre following someone around, that could be considered harassment (you realize there is a difference in following someone around and coming across a person in the middle of the street right?). if someone is performing on a street corner and you stop to watch, thats considered entertainment.

one of these situations is intentional and one is serendipitous, the question is can you tell the difference?
I'm not talk about actually legality in this argument, merely to feeling of unwanted taping. And he kept taping after being told to stop, which could be consider repeated harassment.

edit: LOL are you saying it's by CHANCE he was filming her crotch and ass? I would have no issue if this were a normal tape, but he zoomed in on her ass. multiple times, and kept trying to do it even after he was told to stop!

My example could easily have been an innocent student trying to film everyday meal planning for a project, in which case whatever definition you feel suit the situations should be swapped.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The grocery store example takes place on private property. You aren't usually allowed to film anything in a store, let alone follow a person around with a camera. Store staff would be able to kick you out.

Again, this is a case of a creepy douchebag filming a person who should not have been performing in public if she's uncomfortable with the idea of being recorded.

Again, this is a case of a creepy douchebag filming a person who should not have been performing in public if she's uncomfortable with the idea of being recorded.
There is a difference in being okay with being filmed in a normal and artistic manor versus being filmed in an inappropriate and perverse manor. The guy was an adult (presumably) the girl was 17. That right they makes this whole discussion moot, since it's just morally wrong to take lewd film of someone whose underage.

Then quit using legal terms.
You can harass someone without it becoming viable to include the law. Point in case, going to Shoddy Battle right now and spamming the main chat is a type of harassment. I could get kicked or banned, but do you think you could get a restraining order against me?

Something being "legal" only means that there is no law that explicitly states that it's forbidden. It doesn't always make the action right, good or even acceptable, and if someone is doing something to you that isn't acceptable behaviour* and is also not established as right or good, then even if it's legal and so you can't use the law to stop them from doing it, you should at least not be completely powerless to stop them.

*This is my guideline for whether behaviour is acceptable: if you do something to a random stranger on the street, there should be at least a 99% chance that the stranger will consider it acceptable. If you have a better guideline that still establishes that legal =/= acceptable, then by all means suggest it.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
*This is my guideline for whether behaviour is acceptable: if you do something to a random stranger on the street, there should be at least a 99% chance that the stranger will consider it acceptable. If you have a better guideline that still establishes that legal =/= acceptable, then by all means suggest it.
This makes basically all political activism unacceptable in public. I should just put my "Vote Zerg for Galactic Overlord" signs away right now as there's at least a 50% chance someone I find in public will instead support the Vogon candidate, and will be offended that I am using a public venue to loudly proclaim my support in their general direction.

Whether something is "acceptable" or not in public is an entirely arbitrary notion. The standard for public behavior should be based purely on legality, as allowing the person acted upon to dictate the acceptability of a non-criminal public action is absurd. The guy probably should have backed off after the girl's mother (which we have no proof of btw. they don't seem to share any physical qualities) told him to stop filming, and he probably shouldn't have posted on youtube if he thought for a moment the girl was underage.

Though really, I think the "age of consent" in New York is 16 or 17 instead of 18 so ironically this girl could have been conducting an actual lewd act (as "performance art" is an ambiguous, amorphous activity) and the only thing illegal would be filming it. This is what happens when society is overlawyered.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
edit: LOL are you saying it's by CHANCE he was filming her crotch and ass? I would have no issue if this were a normal tape, but he zoomed in on her ass. multiple times, and kept trying to do it even after he was told to stop!
It's chance because he happened upon this girl while walking down the street, it's not as if the girl took out an ad in the local newspaper telling people she would be there.

That right they makes this whole discussion moot, since it's just morally wrong to take lewd film of someone whose underage.
Tell that to Miley Cyrus.

Though really, I think the "age of consent" in New York is 16 or 17 instead of 18 so ironically this girl could have been conducting an actual lewd act (as "performance art" is an ambiguous, amorphous activity) and the only thing illegal would be filming it. This is what happens when society is overlawyered.
The age of consent is 18, sliding 5-year scale if the girl is 17. However, that is only for sexual acts, and this does not fall under that topic.

Bottom line: the filming was not illegal, but the guy was still a prick.

nude =/= lewd

do you need me to define lewd?

Lewd; Crewd and offense in a sexual way

and I since I stated I was mistaken about the laws, I've been coming at this from a moral aspect, not a legal one. Everyone in this thread seems to quick to say "she knew what was coming to her" and such.

And Deck Knight, wtf, did you watch the video? Her mother was there, obviously it wasn't intended to be an adult production. And the standard for public behavior should be based on good moral instincts. The law can only do so much, in all honesty. People should just have some decency and realize when you should and shouldn't do something. It should be common sense that that was a creepo move.

Everyone in this thread seems to quick to say "she knew what was coming to her" and such.
she should have. common sense tells you a hot half naked girl doing stretches in middle of times square will attract men to watch and possibly film.

she should have. common sense tells you a hot half naked girl doing stretches in middle of times square will attract men to watch and possibly film.
You people... do you honestly think that what the guy was doing was okay just because "she should have seen it coming?" that's a ridiculous and invalid argument. Just because you should be able to tell the consequences of such actions doesn't mean you shouldn't have the moral high ground when they happen! It's like leaving your care door unlocked in a high crime area! Sure you should know it's going to get ransacked, but that doesn't mean the criminal should get away with it, and that you should be ridiculed.

Why are you railing about people thinking this is okay when they have quite clearly said he is an asshole for doing it?

no, im actually pretty sure everyone will agreed you're a dumbass for leaving your car door unlocked in a high crime area. actually you're also a dumbass for leaving your car door unlocked in any area

nude =/= lewd
People should just have some decency and realize when you should and shouldn't do something. It should be common sense that that was a creepo move.
You often cite "common sense" and what people are simply expected to behave like.

Yet you're unwilling to acknowledge that this girl also should have practiced "common sense" and knew that if she wore revealing clothing while stretching her very fit body she'd gain some sexual attention.

Argue morals (which are subjective) all you want, but if you're going to use the double-edge sword of "common sense" you should know it cuts her just as well.

It's like leaving your care door unlocked in a high crime area! Sure you should know it's going to get ransacked, but that doesn't mean the criminal should get away with it, and that you should be ridiculed.
On the contrary, it does. The thief is wrong for stealing but at the same time, you're an idiot for not even bothering to take proper security measures even when you knew of the risk of having your car stolen. Some fault would fall on you in such a case.

If I for example left my car in the middle of a parking lot, with the windows open and the key in the ignition I would have to be the biggest dumbass in the world to honestly expect it to still be there 24 hours later untouched. This is called negligence no matter what "moral high ground" you're on.

Please just stop, you're just getting worse and you're definitely not going to convince anyone to agree with you.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
I don't even know where to begin with this thread. It's like I'm speechless. She's in the middle of Times Square doing some quite amazing stretches over a chair with the shorts so short that make you wonder if they should even be called shorts.

It's quite obvious she was gonna get male attention; I don't think she's young enough to say she was oblivious/innocent to this fact.

I don't know if other people noticed, but there were other males actually watching. I guess the filmer is at fault for being so blatant about his thoughts.

Also I thought the title was funny:

Pervent films teen photoshoot [...]
also pkmn-taicho321 knock it off, everyone already knows the guy was being an ass for filming, but there's nothing that can be done about that if he doesn't leave by his own will.

also pkmn-taicho321 knock it off, everyone already knows the guy was being an ass for filming, but there's nothing that can be done about that if he doesn't leave by his own will.
I'm merely stating how appalled I am at people's reaction. The notion that this can be blamed on that girl in any fashion pisses me off. No mater how tempting she might be to some, the argument "she was asking for it" or any variation is preposterous. It was obviously a very none sexual setting, her mother was there, and he was the only guy zooming in on her crotch, which was CLEARLY unwanted. The fact that I have yet to see a female member post in this section about their opinion doesn't help either. All we are hearing is a bunch of thoughtless nerds sitting at their laptops thinking they have some amazing insight on this situation. Honestly link this to one of our few female members, I truely want to her their opinion, not just on the video, but on the comments in this forum as well.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
before you watch there is some cussing and suggestive views and this is not for little kids or "work"/"School" . viewer discression advised?
Glad you warned me about that, my family doesn't take kindly to the word goober.

The guy is a dick, but he did nothing wrong or illegal. If anything the biker is wrong for getting in the guy's face, assaulting him with his bike, and yelling obscene things in public.

i honestly dont get why you are resorting to flaming and calling us thoughtless nerds. for the last time - the guy is a prick for keeping up and trying to start a fight, as well as posting this online. ok. you say it was clearly unwanted. ok. but honestly, shes in PUBLIC. she could have shot this in her backyard, on a quiet street, in a DANCE STUDIO ... but in the middle of times square? wearing that? doing that? Its called COMMON SENSE that obviously you are going to receive unwanted attention.

this is reality - people are jerks. accept this, instead of being so absolutely shocked that someone could have ever done something so morally wrong and that anyone else could not be blamed.

The fact that I have yet to see a female member post in this section about their opinion doesn't help either. All we are hearing is a bunch of thoughtless nerds sitting at their laptops thinking they have some amazing insight on this situation. Honestly link this to one of our few female members, I truely want to her their opinion, not just on the video, but on the comments in this forum as well.
Classic

Disregard everyone's opinion because of what's between their legs while also using an ad hominem "thoughtless nerds". Now is it that only a female's opinion matter to you or only an opinion that agrees with you matter?

Just keep on digging I'm sure you'll reach the center eventually.

Nothingness
I'm going to stop you in your tracks by stating it was a photoshoot, in which there was a reason for her to be there, aka her photographer liked the setting!

Classic

Disregard everyone's opinion because of what's between their legs while also using an ad hominem "thoughtless nerds". Now is it that only a female's opinion matter to you or only an opinion that agrees with you matter?

Just keep on digging I'm sure you'll reach the center eventually.
In a situation like this? gender matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)