gummy art thread

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
hey i'm gummy and i felt like putting all my OC art in a thread here! i'm pretty new to digital art so a lot of the stuff here will be trial-and-error. no pokemon stuff because i don't know how to draw anything animal-shaped, but i can try drawing the human characters if anyone wants! thanks for stopping by :^)

text is japanese and you can't really see the whole thing but it translates to "i'm the kind of scum who'd be on my knees, apologizing with all my heart, while carrying a giant axe over my shoulder". lyrics from this song. this guy is named ed

tried out the whole white shading thing with this one but i have no clue how to shade normally so it is just kind of placed wherever i wanted. this is ender he's sweet, Tall, and chronically paranoid. song

it's ed again except not really it's complicated. his name's sunny. the background isn't mine it's taken from mother 3. song

you may have noticed the theme for these OCs is flowers in their hair. this is mary she's quiet and detached. this is an older drawing so it's a bit messy. song

this is daisy take a wild guess what kind of flower she has in her hair! she's the tech nerd of the group and very observant. i have no fucking CLUE what i'm doing when it comes to lineart, shading, hair coloring, and backgrounds, but i'm working on it!!!!! song

Last edited:

Gummy

i forgot about this lol

pokemon art:
ru bazaar.png

this is my first smogon piece ever! mons are hard to draw. the one i like the most here is xatu because its the one thats closest to human proportions aka easiest to draw lol. yes even klefki was annoying. put a looot of effort into this one altho the background could be better, alas

ss lc vr.png

im an lc main so i was hyped to make a piece for it. shoutouts to tyrogue for also having vaguely human proportions. the lineart and bg are a bit messy here but i think its pretty ok overall

non mons stuff

joe.png

this is a character named joe from cyborg 009, i watched it with a friend group in like middle school so its very close to my heart. i really like drawing with anti-aliasing off, i like the ms-paint aesthetic it gives off.

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 11.29.36 PM.png

ninten from mother 1! i like drawing him and trying to set his design apart from ness. shoutouts to his shoulder being way to close to his neck and me not noticing until i was done lol.

part6josuke.png

this was my take on a part 6 josuke where he becomes a fashion designer or something idk he's my favorite jojo

corn.png

this was mostly experimental i wanted to try shading the eyes like the song cover for jigsaw puzzle and got carried away. i spent like an hour on the head and face area then said fuck it clothes are hard lol. this is carn he has a carnation in his hair and he's an asshole who likes causing problems on purpose

please ignore that every single character is facing right at a 3/4 angle im trying my best

Last edited:

Gummy

pokemon art:
esclogo.png

this is the logo for my ltpl team! this is like my second time trying to make a logo it's a fun challenge.

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 10.21.18 PM.png

this was my attempt to draw pokemon more! i think this one sucks actually! but it was good practice!

i made a video game recently for class! i had to draw all the art for it so here were a few of my favorite sprites

ch_niko_neutral copy.png

this is niko. he's an asshole but in a fun way. this was like his neutral sprite so you see a lot of it.

ch_rei_sad copy.png

this is rei and this is her sad sprite. lord i can't draw a kimono for shit but i was committed.

ch_steven_neutral copy.png

this is towel and this is their neutral sprite! they were also my professors favorite lol

i'd drop the actual video game too but i don't know..how to do that ._.
idt you can just send zip files over smogon, alas

Gummy

all mons art this time
(technically)

natdexlab.png

argh this would have been so nice but the lineart is way too thick imo! i didn't really notice until after i was done. i think this is ok otherwise though

orascap.png

i spent quite a while on this one, i wanted it to look nice...i zoned out at one point, looked at the clock and it was 5pm. i'd had a class at 4. alas. anyway mega crucibelle is SUCH a fun design, i simplified it a little to better fit in with the drawing but i'd probably draw it just for fun at some point it looks super cool

sunkerngirl.png

sometimes in the LC discord i'll stream myself drawing and as a joke i'll make pokemon anime girls but with mons that do not normally get human forms. meet sunkern girl. please enjoy it because the lc discord calls me a furry for this

blisseygirl.png

exhibit b. okay, this one is messy as FUCK because i had to finish the stream quick bc my roommates were already in bed and i was on voice chat like an asshole. i made this one super aggressively magical-girl anime esque because it pisses everyone off when you do that, as can be seen here:
Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 10.38.49 PM.png

Gummy

UUPLIX.png

i'm still getting very used to drawing the big more "monsterlike" pokemon, ones like clefable and victini are easier to adapt to my style. nevertheless i think this one is good, could have a better font but i'm really not sure how on earth to do fancy type setting. fire alpaca gives me fonts and thats it

also here's the sketch:
Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 3.53.55 PM.png

ignore the pixiv logo at the top i took a screenshot instead of actually exporting the image '-'

amari.png

when i drew this i hadn't drawn for fun in a while, it was mostly for like smogon or to post online, so this was a quick like 45-min doodle of one of my characters. u may remember flower dudes from the first post i made in this thread. this is amari he's loud and slightly an asshole. the flower's an amaryllis.

Gummy

mons art
turdle.png

i did my first round of "not my type" and my assigned mon/type was a grass-type turtonator! absolutely despaired at the thought of drawing an animal from behind which im pretty sure i've never done in my entire life. could have turned out worse though!

lcplx.png

lcpl is my main tier and im always super active during lcpl so i wanted to make sure this looked good, 1. because all my friends would be seeing it :flushed: and 2. im gonna be clicking the thread every day and dont wanna cringe every time!! so i spent several hours on this one lmao....forgive pory for being off model i HAD to give it weird eyebrows for the culture

non mons art
jolyne.png

yall hear jojo part 6 got announced? crazy. drew this a few weeks ago for the occasion. jolyne the founder of gaslight gatekeep girlboss

feenie.png

this ones more of a quick doodle bc i had time to kill...been a huge ace attorney fan since like, 12 yrs old. i respect capcom for making college phoenix wright a complete dunce. that was bold.

kolohe

room tone
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
trans skitty is perfect, they deserve the world. i love the way your art utilizes colored lineart, it feels very soft and cute! your art is also SO expressive, which makes it feel more alive. keep up the wonderful work, i cannot wait to see what else you have in store :heart:

aaaaaa your art is so cute!! your style reminds me a lot of the oekaki paintings that were super popular a few years back--like the combo of the really hard-edged brush w the soft blended, shiny shading. it's really nice! nwn

Gummy

tysm for the kind comments <3 means the world!

dlcvr.png

idk nothing to say about this one except i think im FINALLY getting the hang of combining shading + highlights to make the drawing look a little more alive

temari.png

traditional art?!?!? i actually prefer traditional over digital LOL but i love to doodle so most of the shit in my sketchbook isnt a good enough quality to post but i actually went full tryhard on this one
this is temari from naruto she is a girlboss

sadge.png

manga panel redraw bop. dont flame me for being edgy!
it's from cyborg 009 of which i am the only fan on planet earth (in america at least). this part of the manga has never even been gd fan translated. so reading it was a fun exercise for me trying to learn japanese.

evilnart.png

title says it all zzzz. i think naruto should have teamed up with sasuke and obliterated konoha but what ever

Gummy

dragonitegirl.png

LC had a prediction tour and the reward was i'd draw a pokemon catgirl/gijinka whatever you wanna call it for them. dvs won and killed 2 birds in one stone by asking me to draw the LCWC spain logo with a dragonite anime girl on top. this the result

blog.png

friend of mine asked me to draw this emote for a server shes in. sloppy but i knew it'd be shrunk down to emote size so ignore the color going outside the lines sometimes.

splashscreenf.gif

my homie nineage is making a pokemon game! i offered to make the splash screen for him and here it is. first time i've ever done smth like this and i think it turned out alright

IMG_0002.jpg

i got procreate and an apple pencil for christmas sooo this is me trying to figure out the BAJILLION pens and textures and shit. theres so many of them i have no clue how im gonna change my coloring style to match
also while drawing this my mom walked by and went "aww she's cute" (he's a boy) (i just like drawing cute things :3)

edit: i forgot this one
pogo.png

my pokemon go trainer's fit. flex

Last edited:

Gummy

more fiddling around on procreate

moother.png

EARTHBOUND1+2 ON THE SWITCH WOOOO. i love the mother series so much. yes even the first one.

mitsuri.png

mitsuri from demon slayer. her design rules.

NIKO-min.png

yall remember this mf!!! from my viddy game! i was gonna draw all 3 of the characters but this one took forever (also he's my favorite :/)

procreates BEST feature by far is that it automatically saves speedpaints of everything you draw!! heres one for the niko drawing :^)

Gummy

tumblr has either bugged out on my account or ive been shadowbanned so none of my art is showing up in the tags and it's not getting any likes at all. my attention seeking ass is melting suffocating DYING

mons art:
hater.png

IMG_0025.png

IMG_0024.png

non mons art:

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 1.15.35 PM.png

I REPOSTED THIS TWICE ON TUMBLR AND IT ONLY GOT 6 NOTES BOTH TIMES come on im not fucking picasso but COME ONNN is it not a little cute...is it not a little amusing... :(
these characterrs are from a game called project sekai colorful stage :thumbsup:

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 1.17.54 PM.png

i saw a tiktok tutorial on how to do the little sunlight particles so of course i had to spend the next 3 hours drawing thsi

An.png

dont look at her left arm its too tiny everything else is fine tho <3

Last edited:

Gummy

hiiii

non mons art (it's all vocaloid/synth/project sekai shit)
1689723215374.png

1689723256192.png

1689723279881.png

1689723306817.png

1690314779811.png

he has different hairstyles in all of them because i say so

1689723346020.png

mons art
1689723427948.png

these were for funsies so i didn't actually look up how pokemon does their sprites. and i've never done pixel art before.
1689723742726.png

1689723760201.png

1689723790298.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)