** Guidelines for OI Research

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hey guys and gals, welcome to the start of Orange Islands' in-game research. Research will be spread out across several threads.

Stellar asked me to head up in-game research for XY. I want Smogon to be at the forefront of this research. I will be putting forward a series of new threads relating to all forms of in-game information. These threads will encompass Important Trainers, TM Locations, and Item Locations. (Eventually I would like us to try and decipher the Battle Chateau.)

Any research related to competitive play should be posted in the Uncharted Territory forum. All research for abilities, moves, stats and mechanics will be available in Uncharted Territory. It is important to transfer any competitive information OI uncovers before UT to their forum. Stellar and I will be involved in their research as well, so we will serve as a bridge between the two forums.

A few trusted users and I will fact check everything posted in the research threads. If you post misleading or unrelated information in any of the research threads, we will be deleting the posts and infracting you. I am going to run a tight ship here and any repeat trolling / misinformation will NOT be tolerated.

If you are lucky enough to purchase the XY Kalos Region guide, please refrain from posting the huge list of locations for items into one of my threads. While that is probably the most efficient way of going about this endeavor, the OI research team wants to verify every single piece of information. Please verify the locations of these items in the game before you post! The official Pokémon guides have been known to be hilariously wrong in the past!

I will write a "Quick and Dirty Path"-style guide that will be refined over multiple play throughs. This guide will keep track of the Pokemon available in the game for future use in the "XY In-Game Tier List" thread. (With over 400 Pokémon, this thread will be a logistical nightmare.)

If you discover anything monumental such as the Shiny Charm in Gen 5, contact Stellar and I via PM as soon as possible so we can verify the claim. Each of the OI research threads will contain submission formats which you will need to use in order to keep streamline the research process. I will not be adding anything to the original posts in the threads until at least two people have verified the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)