Old Gens GSC OU Golem

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: None
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Roar
- Explosion

Golem was scarcely seen three or four years ago but has rocked the metagame in recent years, and by now it is quite ahead in usage of Pokemon like Steelix and Rhydon, with which it competes for the role of Normal-resistant phazer. As such, Golem acts as one of main checks to Curselax on offensive teams or a complementary partner for Skarmory on more defensive teams, which covers Golem's Ground weakness while Golem covers its Fire and Electric weaknesses. Golem's STAB Earthquake allows it to muscle through Ghost-types should they attempt to block Rapid Spin, but it can't check the most common Spikers well—Cloyster can OHKO it with Surf and Forretress threatens Giga Drain or Toxic. Due to that, they need to be removed or severely weakened, or in Cloyster's case poisoned, for Golem to keep Spikes off your side. What makes Golem stand out is its excellent role compression—the combination of a phazing move, a Normal resistance, and Rapid Spin makes it unique.

Last edited:
I am a bit over the character limit at the moment but think it's more efficient to have it checked first and then figuring out how to compress the analysis further. Note to self: come up with a new friend reference to add if there is enough space for it.

I think the use of the word "addition" could be confusing. Maybe "recent trend in the GSC OU metagame" or "Golem was a scarcely seen Pokemon three or four years ago that has rocked the metagame in recent years" something along these lines...?

Otherwise looks good to me. QC 1/1

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC)/(RC): Add/Remove Comma

collapsed text into one paragraph
Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: None
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Roar
- Explosion

Golem was a scarcely seen Pokemon three or four years ago that but has rocked the metagame in recent years, (AC) and by now it is quite ahead in usage of Pokemon like Steelix and Rhydon, (AC) with which it competes for the role of a normal resistant Normal-resistant phazer. As such, Golem acts as one of main checks to Curselax on offensive, or offensive teams or a complementary partner for Skarmory on more defensively oriented teams who defensive teams, which covers Golem's Ground weakness but is weak to Fire- and Electric-type attacks, both of which Golem resists. while Golem covers its Fire and Electric weaknesses. Golem's STAB Earthquake allows it to muscle through ghosts Ghost-types should they attempt to block Rapid Spin, but it lacks the ability to can't check the most common Spikers well—Cloyster can OHKO it with Surf and Forretress has threatens Giga Drain or Toxic to threaten Golem with. Due to that, they need to be removed (RC) or severely weakened, (AC) or in Cloyster's case poisoned, (AC) in order for Golem to keep Spikes off your side. What makes Golem stand out (RC) is its excellent role compression—the combination of a phazing move, resisting Normal-type attacks and a Normal resistance, and Rapid Spin makes it unique. The set is completed with Explosion — one of the most powerful moves available that is always threatening to take out, or do huge damage to anything that doesn't resist it.

963 chars. I took out the explosion sentence because it was pretty general and took you over the limit; if you want to readd and make it more specifically informative, let me know and we'll work something out. there remains more opportunity for saving characters outside of that sentence.
read.gif
1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)