Pokémon Goodra [REVAMP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making a slight change to my Adamant Sap Sipper Goodra set.

@ Weakness Policy
Power Whip
Aqua Tail
Poison Tail/Earthquake
Outrage

252 attack, rest in HP and SpD

Weakness policy, combined with that monsterous SpD, should let it take any SE special attack, then just rip through everything. the slow speed may be an issue, but you WILL OHKO back whatever hit you with that SE attack, especially if you got hit with a grass move earlier.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
but wont it be too slow to hit many things with weakness policy? Probably be at risk at being revenge killed. omg, bet that item would be awesome on a dnite. use ddance while they activate weakness policyh and sweep from there

but wont it be too slow to hit many things with weakness policy? Probably be at risk at being revenge killed. omg, bet that item would be awesome on a dnite. use ddance while they activate weakness policyh and sweep from there
A bit off topic, and previously established.

I'm going to test to see if this thing gets Recover from Milotic once the Bank is released. Even without Assault Vest, It could still be quite the powerful tank with reliable recovery.

I'm going to test to see if this thing gets Recover from Milotic once the Bank is released. Even without Assault Vest, It could still be quite the powerful tank with reliable recovery.
If it really does get recover, does the assault vest set pretty much get trashed in favor of the recover set? Or does it still have some sort of viability over recovering wall?

AV might still be used on more offensive teams. And personally out of dpulse/dtail/tbolt/fire bast, I don't know what move to give up for recover.

But recover would be a HUGE boost for stall goodra.

I really hope Goodra gets it from Milotic then >.< if not... well that would stink.

Should AV Goodra be sassy or calm? I keep fighting myself over getting outsped by things like vaporeon or machamp or having a way weaker dragon tail to strike with. I swear, with a mouth that big (gaping with dragon pulse) and elasticity from the goo, how could it not have gotten roar?

I really hope Goodra gets it from Milotic then >.< if not... well that would stink.

Should AV Goodra be sassy or calm? I keep fighting myself over getting outsped by things like vaporeon or machamp or having a way weaker dragon tail to strike with. I swear, with a mouth that big (gaping with dragon pulse) and elasticity from the goo, how could it not have gotten roar?

I went with Sassy. He soaks up everything with AV even Draco meteors with ease.

TBH though, you really don't need to worry about being outsped when you eat up everything.

I went with Sassy. He soaks up everything with AV even Draco meteors with ease.

TBH though, you really don't need to worry about being outsped when you eat up everything.
Makes sense. I myself am still going with adamant for my Sap Sipper set, but if you are going with a SpA set, Sassy seems best, since you already have a good 110 SpA, and Speed is not terrible. Gooey will make anything that touches you slower then you.

Has anyone tried a Rest / Talk / Curse / Outrage set? Pair it with either Mega Gengar or Toxic Spikes to handle fairies. SP Def Curse Goodra is only 4HKOed by defensive Florges Moonblast so it can sit there Cursing up while Toxic Spikes wears it down. 100 base attack is passable after a few boosts as well. Not only this but Sap Sipper gives it an immunity to Leech Seed making it far more difficult to stall out.

I'm breeding and looking for natures now! I'm going for an assault vest set, probably flamethrower/something/dragon tail/earthquake, so I don't want to drop physical too much, and I'm investing in HP and Def so I can survive physical attacks, since I hit hard enough to KO back. I'm thinking relaxed? Most of the big walls that take more hits to take down are going to be slower than me ANYWAY, and anything fast and fragile is going to be way too fast for me to catch regardless. I'm also thinking of a sap sipper set just because an extra immunity is always good, and makes it a good defensive pivot with something like swampert or quagsire, and shuts down ferrothorn immediately. I guess I could lower attack, since I'm using dragon tail to predict dragon-switches if they have one to knock them out, but if I go for dragon pulse or draco meteor, then it'd just be earthquake, and if I'm using it for SE hits, or for things with tons of Sp Def, it's probably going to be my least used move... Any thoughts?

I was looking at egg moves while I was at it and noted Acid Armor. Investing in SpD and then using Acid Armor to shore up Goodra's weaker physical defence would make it even harder to take down, and then you could use another item like leftovers to give you a bit of recovery. Your SpD would still be sky-high and terrible to try to take down, and your boosted defence and good coverage would force a rather limited amount of counters, which thanks to team preview, you could probably take down.

I was looking at egg moves while I was at it and noted Acid Armor. Investing in SpD and then using Acid Armor to shore up Goodra's weaker physical defence would make it even harder to take down, and then you could use another item like leftovers to give you a bit of recovery. Your SpD would still be sky-high and terrible to try to take down, and your boosted defence and good coverage would force a rather limited amount of counters, which thanks to team preview, you could probably take down.
I'm getting Vaporeon flashbacks, only worse.

It's a terrible chain, Muk to Gastrodon to Skrelp to Goomy, but if it also learned a recovery move it'd be an awful tank, and if not, it still can get leftovers

Has anyone tried a Rest / Talk / Curse / Outrage set? Pair it with either Mega Gengar or Toxic Spikes to handle fairies. SP Def Curse Goodra is only 4HKOed by defensive Florges Moonblast so it can sit there Cursing up while Toxic Spikes wears it down. 100 base attack is passable after a few boosts as well. Not only this but Sap Sipper gives it an immunity to Leech Seed making it far more difficult to stall out.
I posted this exact set on the previous page .-. Like I said, haven't tried it but it looks interesting on paper. Just gotta have good team support to kill other Dragons and Fairy-types and you should be good to go. I can see it work well with Sylveon and Magnezone. Sylveon is reasonably bulky with Max HP/Max Def Bold and can wake up Goodra with Heal Bell, while Specs Magnezone wrecks all Steel and Fairy-types while doing okay against Dragons without EQ.

This thing is a good check on sylveon because no one suspects it's brutal power and high spd. In fact, here is a calc I ran (and it is SWEET):
Kyogre using a full health water spout with STAB, full iv's, ev's and a beneficial nature to SpA in rain, hitting one opponent in a double battle with helping hand against goodra with no SpD investment, an assault vest, max hp investment and somehow getting a super effective hit (maybe some rock type variation of soak hit it) and having goodra completely incapable of damaging the frail water spout: 3hko O.o Destroyer of worlds

This thing is a good check on sylveon because no one suspects it's brutal power and high spd. In fact, here is a calc I ran (and it is SWEET):
Kyogre using a full health water spout with STAB, full iv's, ev's and a beneficial nature to SpA in rain, hitting one opponent in a double battle with helping hand against goodra with no SpD investment, an assault vest, max hp investment and somehow getting a super effective hit (maybe some rock type variation of soak hit it) and having goodra completely incapable of damaging the frail water spout: 3hko O.o Destroyer of worlds
What? Maybe actually post the calc?

If someone could do that for me, because my internet is slow and I already had to redo that calc like 3 times (also I don't know how). You'll need to use custom for both pokemon.
Here's your calc.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Helping Hand Water Spout vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD (custom) in rain: 1002-1182 (275.27 - 324.72%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I don't know where the helL your numbers come from.

I'll redo it tomorrow and, I don't know, print screen it. It might be a 2hko I guess, but definitely not a ohko of that proportion.

if you take that bolded part out, then yeah, you're right, it's a 2HKO due to resistance. In singles, it'd be 3HKO, which is pretty epic, since Goodra can retaliate with thunderbolt or dragon tail. But super effective? Goodra would be screwed in a scenario like that. Are you sure you weren't talking about carbink or something, or made a slight error?

Anyway, that analysis (minus the rock typing super effectiveness) pretty much sums up Goodra's fantastic special bulk ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)