Good DS/Wii games coming out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wii and DS have been really slow with making new, good games lately. ;-;

Are there any good that will be coming out except for HG/SS?

I am not quite sure if you would be into it, but they are porting Metroid Prime over to the Wii rather soon.

if you're not going to give metroid a try this thread is pointless
do you honestly know what you're passing up?

metroid prime is more an adventure game than a shooter: my favorite part of it was the story and the scans you could get.
Then you've got the morph ball sections, which are cooler than SMB, in my opinion.
So yeah, at first glance it seems like only a shooter, but deep down it's something much better

I think the issue here is not what are good DS / Wii games coming out soon, but instead what Kristy would think are good DS / Wii games coming out soon.

In any case, I'm looking forward to the following on the DS this year:
- The Ace Attorney spinoff 'Perfect Prosecutor', although I'm not sure if that's actually being released outside of Japan in 2009.
- The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, which is coming out late 2009, apparently.
- Mario & Luigi 3. You are a heathen if you don't like this.
- Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days. August 30, 2009 in English. It seems like the kinda thing you'd be into. (Play KHI and KHII first though. CoM is also worth playing for the continuity.)

For Kristy, the Q1/Q2 2009 release schedule. If you feel like sifting through games in every platform, take a look at this.

I really like the Ace Attorney series too.. but sometimes the cases get very difficult and the games are very short + you can't replay them. Is the new one one where you can play as Edgeworth? :o

Anyway... from your list, the only game I like is Tales of Hearts that isn't out in the US and I already have Pokemon: Shadow of Almia and Personal Cooking/Valkyrie Profile. xD

Btw, I want to expand this to all games... for example Xbox, PC, etc. I am really looking forward to Sims 3!!

Yeah, it is. Check my post again as I linked to a better list that includes Xbox/PC.

The lack of replay value on the AA games is painful; I'd gladly erase my memory of the cases to replay them. However, the difficulty is a good thing, IMO, although some cases I have to trial and error through.

Aw thanks!

And I agree... I just play them and keep them in my Gameboy box for the rest of eternity. XD I guess I replay them sometimes but maybe I should wait until they increase in value and sell them on Ebay or something. :P

Btw, what games are you looking forward to since you have similar taste to me!

I still play through the PW games every once in a while, the story is strong enough, and the dialogue funny enough to always remain entertaining.

Anyway, the games I'm looking forward to atm are:

The Conduit
Cross Edge
Blazblue
Metroid Prime:Trilogy
Final Fantasy IV:The After Years
Final Fantasy XIII(A ways off I know, but I still want it)

Off the top of my head, I'll probably add others after E3.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you have an Xbox 360:
- Tales of Vesperia
- Star Ocean: The Last Hope
- Lost Odyssey
- Blue Dragon
- Mirror's Edge

For the Wii, the only major releases in the last couple of months has been Punch-Out, Mad World, Excitebots, and the only game in this list you'd probably be interested in: Klonoa. You should probably pick that up. It's $28 or so on Amazon.

If you want to see what's coming, wait 'til June 2nd. Nintendo's E3 Press Conference happens then.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Wii and DS have been really slow with making new, good games lately. ;-;

Are there any good that will be coming out except for HG/SS?
Remember that you're not limited to just discs, but WiiWare (Which you can delete if you don't have enough room on your Wii/SD Cards and then download them again later).

I'm not going to go on and ramble up a list for you, but I'll point out Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Samurai Toaster, and the new A Boy and His Blob.

Yay blob.

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, which is coming out late 2009, apparently.
lets hope this is less tedious than phantom hourglass. That game was pretty boring after a while, doing the same dungeon over and over and over. I'll be picking it up, reguardless, as I do with any LOZ game.

Everyone with a PC/360 needs the Orange Box. If you want some good games for the DS, Super Robot Taisen OG Saga:Endless Frotier and Chrono Trigger are great choices. If you want a strategy game, Disgaea DS has nearly infinite amounts of play time.

i'm pretty excited about black sigil, an oldschool-looking RPG for the DS, made by a small canadian company and slated for release in a couple weeks. i'm such a sucker for those SNESish graphics. s:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)