Ability: Sap Sipper
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Rock Slide
- Milk Drink

Gogoat leaps into the PU metagame! Gogoat utilizes Bulk Up and multiple means of recovery allows it to be a great defensive threat. Bulk Up allows it to threaten common switch-ins like Vivillon, Houndoom, and Squawkabilly and tank hits from physical wallbreakers like Carbominable and Lycanroc-M. Horn Leech grants Gogoat meaningful recovery while denting threats like Dugtrio and Quaxwell. Rock Slide hits Pokemon that threaten Gogoat like Vivillon, Houndoom, and Rotom-F. Milk Drink is an alternative form of recovery if Horn Leech isn't providing enough longevity. Tera Water in conjunction with its ability, Sap Sipper, helps it wall threats like Flapple, Lilligant, and Leafeon. Gogoat struggles against common Poison- and Steel-types like Skuntank, Perrserker, and Magneton; therefore, Ground-types that threaten them such as Dugtrio and Camerupt are great teammates.

1024 with set
873 w/o

Last edited:
not qc (until someone says otherwise ig). this will probably need to be looked at again before getting stamped.
comments in bold

Gogoat @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Tera Type: Water / Rock is just as important, probably even as a first slash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Rock Slide
- Milk Drink

Gogoat leaps into the PU metagame! Gogoat utilizes Bulk Up and multiple means of recovery allows it to be a great defensive threat. Bulk Up allows it to threaten common switch-ins like Vivillon, Houndoom, and Squawkabilly i really don't like these examples, sure it helps vs squawk if you're tera rock but really not against the former two as they put immense pressure on you. if anything it's rock slide that prevents them from switching in freely and tank hits from physical wallbreakers like Carbominable and Lycanroc-M. Horn Leech grants Gogoat meaningful recovery while denting threats like Dugtrio and Quaxwell. Rock Slide hits Pokemon that threaten Gogoat like Vivillon, Houndoom, and Rotom-F rose to nu, replace with smth else. Milk Drink is an alternative form of recovery if Horn Leech isn't providing enough longevity worded a bit weirdly, milk drink is super crucial for recovery. recovery from horn leech is nice but hardly something you can rely on. Tera Water in conjunction with its ability, Sap Sipper, helps it wall threats like Flapple, Lilligant, and Leafeon this is all just sap sipper's doing and it does all of that without tera, it tells me nothing about the defensive benefits of tera water. Gogoat struggles against common Poison- and Steel-types like Skuntank, Perrserker, and Magneton; therefore, Ground-types that threaten them such as Dugtrio and Camerupt are great teammates the former is a bit iffy since it takes a ton of damage from skuntank's sucker punch and isn't really a switchin to any of these, the latter is fine but gabite is the most relevant ground in the tier by far and should absolutely be mentioned here.

atm the spotlight kinda fails to encapsulate gogoat's main strengths in a game, both as an early-game switch-in to so many mons (especially ground-types, and it's absolutely crucial in that role for ground weak partners like skuntank and magneton) and as a late-game wincon. the first point especially is extremely important information for those who are unfamiliar with the tier. i'm also missing info on how to utilize tera and what i can expect it to do since tera is so crucial for it in so many games.

e: the more i look at this, the more i suspect that you don't have enough experience with gogoat and pu as a whole to write about it; most of the info presented is very basic, there's really not much to go by in terms of how to actually use it, and a lot of the examples just don't make sense. as a retired pu qc member i have no authority here but unfortunately i think it would be better to let someone else write this.

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
rien is entirely correct, I didn't learn anything about this Pokemon that I couldn't have learned from looking down the viability rankings. There's too much to Gogoat that goes entirely unmentioned here. I apologize SKIPPERGAMEZ Alpha but can we get this reassigned? This should not be getting written in this state, to check it would require an entire rewrite

Will reassign and put it back up for reservation -royal

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)