OU Gliscor [QC: 1/1] [GP: 1/1]

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble
Sick of Landorus-T? Check out today's featured OU set!

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 112 SpD / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Facade / Ice Fang

When Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were released several months ago, Game Freak blessed Gliscor with the coveted combination of Defog and Poison Heal, which were previously not compatible. Gliscor's viability in SM OU skyrocketed, as it became a reliable check to the likes of Stealth Rock Heatran. However, today's featured set examines a different up-and-coming Gliscor set. Swords Dance Gliscor has resurged in viability in recent weeks, taking advantage of metagame trends such as Heatran's and Toxapex's extreme popularity to find ample setup opportunities to break defensive cores. The set is a nightmare for bulky offense and balance, setting up on a plethora of common Pokemon such as Heatran, non-Ice Beam Magearna, Clefable, Toxapex, defensive Landorus-T, and even Zygarde! Facade and Ice Fang both offer excellent coverage, nailing important targets such as Mega Latios, Tapu Bulu, Tornadus-T, and Mega Latias. Overall, Swords Dance Gliscor is an incredibly durable wallbreaker; try it out, it's sure to not disappoint!

ABR vs. TDK, SPL deciding match: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-364708

Last edited:

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble
note on the spread; it hits 290 speed, not 279, which outspeeds Ada Zygarde, not Heatran (And Hoopa and a few other miscellaneous irrelevant pokemon)

If i leave it as 279, then i have to include a note that ice fang needs to be 290, whereas Facade is fine with either 279 or 290, so i left it at 290

you can also run 44 Def to deal with maw / zyg / sciz better but then u have such little spdef if u run both 44 def and 290 speed and the heatran mu becomes terrible so i decided to leave that out, but i can throw that back in

ready for qc obv

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
pretty much the only gp error

taking advantage of metagame trends such as Heatran's extreme popularity to find ample setup opportunities to break defensive cores.
maybe too much on the defog + poison heal thing since it is ultimately unrelated to the set itself, but that'll probably be useful to people who didn't know about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)