SS Ubers Ghost Spammed in ladder (current peak at top 16)

Heyo everyone ! After a few days, i've finally decided to post here the final version of my Ghost spam team that you might have seen in the ladder. Considering that a lot of people already have it or at least another version of it, i wanted to post down a version for everyone to use it freely ! This team is updated for the Pokemon home shift.

Lunala @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moongeist Beam
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Heat Wave

Arcanine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Roar

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Morning Sun
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Marshadow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Shadow Sneak

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Behemoth Blade
- Swords Dance

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Build Process

Lunala.png

All build was firstly meant for Lunala. When i had my first look at the shift, i've instantly spoted the fact that Lunala would be one of the best Pokémon of the tier by far. It's awesome STABs combined to its perfect coverage makes it almost impossible to counter nor check. At this point, few sets were possible but imo, this one was the best i could make use of :

Lunala @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Heat Wave / Focus Blast / Defog / Toxic / Will-o Wisp / Teleport

Moongeist Beam is your main STAB. You'll likely always click it unless there is a normal type in the other team (which is pretty rare, i've only ran into one in 50-60ish games). Psyshock is your secondary STAB and will help you deal with fat SpDef walls like Sylveon or Toxapex. Moonblast is your way to handle Dark-type Pokémon such as Mandibuzz which are the only ones that can switch-into your STABs. Finally, Heat Wave is your way to handle Melmetal Assault Vest which can be a bit of a problem (even tho you'll most likely only click Moongeist Beam if you run into one).
Your last slot is the one you can swap for more utility, I've noted down a few ones that can be useful in case you want to change it. Focus Blast is only here to hit harder Tyranitar, Defog can be cool if you're willing to have U-Turn on Mandibuzz, Toxic and Will-o Wisp are cool to cripple Mandibuzz and Tyranitar when they switch-in, Teleport just cause it's the trend yo.

Lunala.pngArcanine.png

Second Pokémon i've picked is Arcanine. Before the shift it was already one of the best check to Zacian but now it prooved itself to be even better at checking Marshadow and Melmetal :

Arcanine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Roar / Toxic / Dragon Pulse

Classic defensiv spread to take minimum damages from Zacian / Zamazenta / Melmetal / Dusk-Mane and Marshadow. Boots helps you switch into Zacian without bothering about Rocks. Flamethrower is your only offensiv move. Will-O Wisp helps you cripple offensiv threats like Dusk-Mane without triggering any Weakness Policy, also all the ones quoted above. Morning Sun is your only recovery. Last one, Roar helps you handling Substitute abusers like Zekrom or Zacian.
Like Lunala, your last slot can be swapped for another move. Toxic can help crippling Mandibuzz and Tyranitar to help Lunala, Dragon Pulse can be usefull to not be a setup fodder for Zekrom and Reshiram, without having to get those 50/50 if they either hit or sub.

Lunala.pngArcanine.pngDuskmane.png

I've picked Dusk-Mane Nekrozma for the only purpose to check Eternatus. It's, by far, the best one i could find that can both switch into all of Eternatus's sets and threaten it back without fearing to get PP-stalled.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Morning Sun
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Metronome
EVs: 252 HP / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Morning Sun

I've put 2 differents sets of Nekrozma depending on which one you're willing to use (it'll depend on how you're willing to use the team and which win-condition you're aiming to make shine).
First set if the safest one. If you want to have strong answers to Eternatus, it's the one you want to use. Spread makes if almost impossible for Eternatus to 2HKO it, even with Life Orb or Specs. Morning Sun is your main recovery. Sunsteel Strike is your only STAB move, combined to Earthquake, giving you strong offensiv answers to Zacian, Zamazenta, Eternatus and such. Last Stealth Rocks for the utility purpose. Rocks are truly important in this team, it helps having strong rolls for killing Zacian or such.
The other set will have some more spice to your games. It is meant to lure special sets and threats. At first hand, it was built to beat Cosmic Power Eternatus, which would likely PP-stall the first set. But it came pretty handy to kill things like Arcanine, others Dusk-Mane or even Gothitelle thanks to the Metronome boost and the Speed invest (helping you outspeeding none-invested Arcanine). I'd highly recommand this set if you want to give more room to Zacian to express itself without bothering to cripple ennemy's Arcanine.

Lunala.pngArcanine.pngDuskmane.pngMandibuzz.png

Last defensiv Pokémon i've added to the team is Mandibuzz, making it a strong core for the tier. It's mostly here to check other Lunala, Marshadow if Arcanine can't and any Specially offensiv threat like Reshiram.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog / U-turn
- Toxic / Taunt
- Knock Off / Foul Play

Spread was made to be the strongest one to face Lunala. It can handle Moongeist Beam + D-max Fairy from Specs Lunala. Roost is your main recovery source considering you're using the Boots to not take damages from Rocks. Defog helps giving utility to the team by preserving Lunala's Shadow Shield but also Spikes that could hardly cripple Dusk-Mane or Zacian. Toxic helps not being a setup-fodder and cripples other Mandibuzz or Tyranitar. Finally, Knock Off is your only offensiv move, the best one that i could come up with since it'll remove items from Arcanine and Mandibuzz mostly.
Foul Play can be used instead of Knock Off to hit harder Dusk-Mane or Zacian on the switch (does about half of their health). U-turn can be used on Defog if you're aiming to have a highly offensiv team, giving a lot more pressure options. Taunt can be also used on Toxic to avoid being a setup-fodder for Eternatus or Zekrom.

Lunala.pngArcanine.pngDuskmane.pngMandibuzz.pngtumblr_psqrpk4Ngx1v68t0mo6_250.png

Well, it's really too strong to not abuse it.

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Behemoth Blade
- Swords Dance / Protect / Psychic Fangs / Crunch

That's the most classic Zacian you'd find on the tier. Close Combat is your main coverage move, hitting both Fire and Steel Pokémon that would resist both your STABs. Play Rough is your secondary STAB, helping you getting rid of things like Zekrom. Behemoth Blade is your main STAB, considering its high power and perfect accuracy. That's the one you'll likely spam the most, specially when your opponent used it's Dynamax.
Like all other Pokémon, your last slot is swapable. Swords Dance is my main pick. It helps you not being dependant on Lunala to wallbreak things like Toxapex, Arcanine... Protect scouts choice locked Pokémon such as Darmanitan, giving you more options and pressure if it appears that your opponant locked himself into a move that isn't threatening for Zacian. Psychic Fangs and Crunch are other coverage options for Toxapex and Aegislash but i wouldn't recommand them, being way to match-up reliant.

Lunala.pngArcanine.pngDuskmane.pngMandibuzz.pngtumblr_psqrpk4Ngx1v68t0mo6_250.pngDiS_DsvX4AA4j-K.png

Last pick is my last offensiv threat. a good Ghost-spam team wouldn't be complete without another Ghost-type spammer. To fulfill this job, i've picked Marshadow.

Marshadow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Knock Off / Facade / Toxic

Choice Scarf Marshadow can be a bit weird at first sight, but it's surely one of the best set around right now. Adamant nature combined to Scarf gives you the optimum damages with enough speed to get rid of Zacian's perfect speed. Marshadow's best option is in Spectral Thief. In fact, just by being around, Marshadow will stop any Zacian from making havoc by setting up Swords Dance without fearing to get reverse sweped. Close Combat is your secondary STAB, helping you hitting things like Mandibuzz or Tyranitar, but also Arcanine. Shadow Sneak gives your some priority to revenge kill other Marshadows, specially Life Orbs ones.
As always, last slot is swapable. First pick would be Knock Off to get some utility by cripling Mandibuzz or Arcanine without their Boots. Facade can be cool since the team doesn't have any status sponge. Last would be Toxic to, again, cripple Mandibuzz or Arcanine.

Threats
  • Dracovish : As you can see, the team doesn't have any Water resist. Dracovish's Fishious Rend is a kill each time it can send it at max damages. Against it, i'd highly recommand to pressure as much as you can with Rocks and not letting Mandibuzz on the field too long.​
  • Thunder Wave : The team doesn't like at all getting T-waved, most if not all Pokémon cannot afford the Speed reduction. If you're facing some, the only ones that would "handle" (and they handle it pretty badly) it would be Arcanine, Dusk-Mane and Mandibuzz (depending on how much you need one or another).​
  • Zekrom : Zekrom can be pretty hard to handle, specially the Substitute Dragon Dance one. To handle that, you could swap Knock Off on Mandibuz for Foul Play (Knock Off can't break the Sub) and add Dragon Pulse to Arcanine. In any case, try to keep the Shadow Shield from Lunala up to tank one hit and threaten it back.​

Replays
Only one for now on, i might add more later
Duskmane abusing Dynamax defensiv boost
Marshadow Scarf being broke
Marshadow Scarf being broke 2.0

Shoutouts
- First one to Redemption, he made several changes to the team, making it awesome as it is now !
- Special ones to Givrix and Hurtadoo for giving me ideas and answering questions on Teleport
- To the Salty community for spamming it on the ladder
- To you all, love you all !

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)