Get Jynxed! A NU RMT

Hello this is BobbyVaporeon, here to bring you another NU RMT! this one is my first since the big tier drop, so I have added 3 of the 4 new faces as they work perfectly on this team. So here we go!

Golem @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVS: 252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Speed
Adamant Nature
Moves:
Stealth Rock
Rock Blast
Earthquake
Explosion
Golem is a fantastic suicide lead, being able to beat other leads 1on1. Stealth Rock is obvious for a dedicated lead, as it can cripple to opposing team instantly. Golem then has EdgeQuake STAB. The reason I chose Rock Blast over Stone Edge is that, other than the better accuracy, Rock Blast allows me to best Ninjask leads and other Focus Sash opponents easily. When Golem is down to his final breath, the Custap berry activates, and he goes BOOM. I have been able to take down 1 or 2 Pokemon most matches with Golem.

Primeape @ Choice Band
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVS: 252 Attack, 4 Special Defence, 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
Moves:
Close Combat
U-turn
Stone Edge
Punishment
You might immediately ask why Primeape does not have a Choice Scarf. The reason if that I already have a scarfer (which you will see later), and Primeape is already decently fast. Close Combat is STAB, and Stone Edge deals with Charizard, Braviary, and Rotom-S, which otherwise tear this team apart. Punishment is not used much, but it is still powerful after a Beheeyem or Musharna gains a ton of boosts.

Jynx @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
EVS: 252 Special Attack, 4 HP, 252 Speed
Modest Nature
Moves:
Ice Beam
Focus Blast
Psychic
Trick
Jynx is my Revenge Killer, and a damn good one. Although it was sad to get rid of Glaceon, who was the reason I got into NU, Jynx just outclasses it in every possible way, save for Bulk. Ice Beam and Psychic are good STABs, hitting a lot of the tier for at least neutral damage. Focus Blast provides fantastic coverage, hitting the Steel-types that wall my STAB, such as Probopass, for Super-effective damage. Trick would honestly be better if I carried Choice Specs, but it can still cripple slow walls that try to stop my Jynx, such as Musharna.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVS: 252 Special Attack, 4 Special Defense, 252 Speed
Modest Nature
Moves:
Rain Dance
Giga Drain
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Ludicolo and Scolipede are the cleanup crew that pick apart the remains of the team. Rain Dance Ludicolo is one of the biggest threats in the NU metagame right now, with a rain-boosted Hydro Pump that decimates so much. Ice Beam is to deal with Grass-Types, although Tangela does take a lot from a Rain-boosted Pump. Giga Drain allows me to take care of the Water Types such as Alomomola. Also, the rain benefits my Jynx, which now gets HP back every turn.

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVS: 252 HP, 252 Defence, 4 Special Attack
Bold Nature
Moves:
Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Ball
Pain Split
Heal Bell
Misdreavus is my Cleric and wall. Missy can easily take a Scolipede's Megahorn, a Sawk's Close Combat, you name it. Will-O-Wisp says screw you to Zangoose, giving it the wrong status, as well as crippling other attackers and providing residual damage. Shadow Ball is STAB, and Allows me to beat Golurk. Pain Split is my only healing, and it also cripples the opponent with Misdreavus's low HP. Heal Bell gets rid of Burns and Paralysis that otherwise would hurt my team greatly.

Scolipede @ Salac Berry
Ability: Swarm
EVS: 252 Attack, 4 Defence, 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
Moves:
Substitute
Megahorn
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
After a Swords dance or two, not even Misdreavus or Alomomola can hold back the giant centipede. repeated Substitutes allow me to get my Salac Berry, letting me outspeed almost the entire tier. Baton Pass is pure ulitity, either if I need to get out quick, or if i think Primeape is the better choice to attack.

Threat List: (coming soon)
Electabuzz: The choice scarf set is probably the biggest threat to my team. Thankfully it's not that common, it can dent me when Golem is gone. however, Misdreavus can take any attack, and Pain Split or Burn.
Charizard: Since Golem is rarely around late game, Charizard can be a big Problem. Jynx does outspeed and KO with Ice Beam, and Primeape and Ludicolo can both handle him.
Samurott: Special sets don't hurt much, but Misdreavus is the only thing that can stop a Physical set. If she's gone, I might be toast.

Thanks for reading my third RMT, and leave your comments on what you think!

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
you might want to put the 252 hp evs into speed on golem to outspeed more stuff like golurk and regirock and activate custap more easily. your set isn't supposed to be tanking hits anyways.

True. When ium gave me the set I basically just did exactly what he put on, and for a Suicide lead he isn't supposed to take hits.

Hi, bobbyvaporeon. I have been testing your team for a while, and I have to say, it's quite good. I had 12 battles, and I won 10, getting to 1774 in PS.

In the time I have played, I've found problems against Charizard, specially Scarfed variants, as they can outspeed and severely damage your team after it has got weakened (Golem resists Fire, but it's the only one that does, and it's a suicide lead...) However, as you have Scolipede, many people tended to lead with Charizard to counter the Scolipede lead, only for finding themselves against Golem, that always sets SR easily against them. No resistances to Electric isn't good either (I am not considering Golem as it dying soon), Choice Scarf Electabuzz (which I've seen quite a few times today) and Ampharos and Eelektross are dangerous to this team due to its offensive nature (bar Misdreavus). VoltTurn could be a problem too. Choice Scarf Jolly Primeape is a hard threat as it outspeeds your whole team and can KO all of them with the appropiate move (bar Misdreavus). Finally, be careful with Swellow, as it can swithc in on Misdreavus and wreak havoc.

Well, I'd made a couple of changes. First, I'd give Speed EVs to Misdreavus. I'd speed creep. When you face other Misdreavus, it's important to outspeed them. I'd use 36 Speed EVs, with 248 HP, and 220 Def. You'll also outspeed most Fraxure, Torterra, Defensive Articuno, bur more importantly for me opposing Misdreavus. You won't lose much bulk by doing that. You can also give it Foul Play for denting Swellow, but it's hard to find room for it.

Also, you could try Ice Punch > Punishment for Primeape. It still hits Golurk hard, and I don't think checking Calm Mind Musharna is more important than ensuring great type coverage. You also hit Vileplume heavily with it, which be hard to take out if Jynx is out of commission, (or sleeping):

252 Atk Choice Band Primeape Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 208+ Def Vileplume: 178-210 (50.28 - 59.32%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Great team, it uses some of the best NU Pokémon, this team is the reason why those Pokémon that dropped (especially Scolipede, and maybe Jynx) should be banned from NU.

Thanks for the rate Alonso! I actually had Ice Punch on Primeape but thought I had Punishment when making this RMT. Speed Creeping is a good idea, and I do have trouble with electric types, but i feel OK with dealing with them. Charizard is a threat as I said, and I made sure to deal with it and Braviary.

I suggest changing the natures of Ludicolo and Jynx to Timid. Ludicolo doesn't lose too much power, and Jynx needs to outspeed stuff like Jolly Sawk as well as Speed tie with Jolly Scarf Primeape. I also suggest speed creeping a bit on Misdreavus. The EV spread can be 244 HP / 224 Def / 40 Spd to outspeed standard bulky Skuntank and cripple it with WoW before it Taunts you.

GL on your team :D!

I think you should try running 0 defence, special, and hp ivs with maybe a defence lowering nature so that you get to your custap more easily. It's aggravating when someone only knocks me down to about 30%.

With three of your pokemon weak to flying type attacks, Golem cant really tank a lot of hits so I suggest changing Golem to Bastiodon since he can tank hits better than Golem and at the same time take on Electabuzz, Misdreavus and Charizard.

Bastiodon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Iron Head

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Since Golem provides a very useful Fire and Flying resistance for your team, you can consider using the utility EV spread with Sucker Punch or Toxic over Explosion. Swellow otherwise becomes a threat to your team, since only Jynx can outspeed (and hates taking Quick Attack). Golem may not be the greatest defense against it, but with either Leftovers or Rocky helmet, it will make Swellow fall rather quickly (it also helps against Rapidash since you lack Eq or Aqua Tail on Scolipede and Rapidash can Megahorn Ludicolo before it sets up.

Yeah, you might as well use the 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe spread on Misdreavus, since you maintain decent bulk while outspeeding Rampardos and most defensive variants of Skuntank. Jynx needs a Timid nature and I expected a battler of your skill to already be using it.

Other than these changes, I think your team looks fine. It is pretty standard, but you can also consider switching Primeape and Jynx's roles. Jynx doesn't quite like to switch out after being locked into a move like Primeape does, and using Trick removes the revenge killing aspect of Jynx regardless. A Specs or Life Orb set would do just as well, and you get to use Lovely Kiss too. But this change is up to you of course.

thanks everyone! i did make primeape scarfed and jynx specs, but Golem is meant to be a suicide lead and will always will be. speed creeping on Misdreavus has really helped out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)