SS Doubles OU Generic DOU Balance Bulky Offense team, but there's a twist! (help)

1620897321815.png

M E N A C I N G (Incineroar) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Atk / 32 Def / 160 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Parting Shot
First off, I must say that I ABSOLUTELY HATE Incineroar because of how solid and good it is. Its typing is decent, its stats are good, Fake Out and Parting Shot are amazing and Intimidate is single handedly the best ability in Doubles history ever. I kinda feel bad for using it.
Everything on its movepool is there for obvious reasons, but I replaced Flare Blitz with Taunt. After realizing that I had several problems with Trick Room teams, set ups and/or status spreaders, I decided to give it Taunt.
Since most of my team is specialized on bieng specially defensive, Intimidate fits this team like my dog on its house. After Intimidate, Fini loses about 50% HP to Rillaboom's Grassy Glide, helps Snorlax survive... stuff(?)... yeah...
Oh and Fini deals with Zapdos-G, while Rillaboom deals with (most) water/rock/ground types.

1620897311643.png

WhatIsMyPurpose (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect
Oh lad, Tapu Fini is soooo goooood! Incineroar helps it tank a few super-effective physical hits, and Fake Out support from both Incineroar and Rillaboom helps so much more. Also, pairing it with KyuB makes a solid defensive and offensive duo, most of the time each covering the check/counter of the other. Snorlax makes for a good partner too, since the other player will have to decide what set up should they stop.
Muddy Water offers incredible support with an overall 25.5% chance of lowering the accuracy of opposing Pokémons, and Moonblast has a 30% of lowering the target's Special Attack. Misty Surge makes my team not die to Toxic spam or get crippled by any other status condition.
As an extra, Fairy and Water are some of the best types in the game, tied up with Steel and Dragon.
Counters: Haze, Trick, Taunt, Band Rillaboom and overwhelming physical sweepers.

1620897298249.png

KyUwUem (Kyurem-Black) @ Misty Seed
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 248 HP / 112 SpA / 88 SpD / 60 Spe
Serious Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost
It has the bulk, it has the power, it has the speed: the one and only Kyurem-Black. Its Dragon typing gives it a bunch of cool resistances and, altough being an Ice type makes it incredibly weak to a lot of other stuff, it makes its STAB Ice Beam pair well with its signature move Fusion Bolt. Even better, Ice Beam is a special move, while Fusion Bolt is physical, offering a lot more coverage. Giving it Misty Seed makes it an even better partner for Fini, and allows it to run Roost. However, that it can only recieve that SpD boost once, so I must be very careful about when should I bring it out.
Counters: Anything with physical sweeper potential and a STAB supper-effective move.

1620897289389.png

hhhhhhmmmmmm monke (Rillaboom) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 36 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn
Rillaboom is solid. I have nothing else to say here. Well, maybe I could say something like this:
Fake Out is overall a good move, and Rillaboom has good stats. Grassy Glide deals with some faster threats and Wood Hammer obliterates either not so strong or slower mons. U-Turn is good, since pivoting is important to keep momentum. Also, Grassy Terrain is incredible in the support side because of the passive recovery and because it makes Earthquake unusable.

1620897277235.png

quack (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 132 SpA / 108 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room
- Recover
Da ducc. Trick Room can help Snorlax sweep with Curse. However, my team is so slow that it can most of the time make good use of Trick Room, while being fast enough to not need it all the time. Trick Room cancels out opposing Trick Room teams, and I can use it to cripple Sand Rush / Tailwind / Slush Rush / Scarf / Swim Swift / Chloro-whatever teams or abusers. Also, it has some amazing bulk and thanks to Download it can hit back like a truck.

1620897200315.png

ChadLax (Snorlax) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 236 HP / 56 Def / 216 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Curse
- Facade
- High Horsepower
- Recycle
This is the twist lol. It's not even a Belly Drum set (because it sucks rn). Curse allows Snorlax to outspeed stuff like Hatterene or Stakataka under Trick Room, while increasing its physical power and bulk. EV spread is something that I've found success with, after experimenting with many other EV spreads. It has enough special bulk to avoid a 2HKO from Hatterene's Expanding Force under Psychic Terrain, and Incineroar helps it tank physical hits and also set up on them. Rillaboom reduces damage from the now very rare Earthquake users and helps Snorlax with passive recovery, Fini prevents it from being statused with stuff like Toxic or Wisp and Porygon2 can set up Trick Room if it's necesary. Also as a little mention, since Snorlax can invest on special bulk and has a set up move that increases its physical bulk (with Inci support too), it can take enough hits to work outside Trick Room, sometimes not needing it at all (but it'll still be absolutely necesary if Snorlax wants to take out its full potential).
I personally use Facade because I can't always predict a terrain switch (or because Fini can't and should not be there for Snorlax all the time), but I can use Body Slam for team support or Double-Edge for immediate power. Heat Crash can be used instead of HHorsepower with Sun against Chlorophite users or against Scizor and Ferrothorn. Darkest Lariat offers less coverage, but it deals with opposing set ups and some psychic and ghost types. I also used Heavy Slam a few times because I was so done with Diance.
Counters for Snolax are (obviously): Incineroar, Intimidate in general, Knock Off, Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, Haze, Trick, Aegislash, Kartana and Urshifu.
I am not using Snorlax because "it's a hidden gem" or "it's underrated", I'm just using it because it's a chunky bear and I love it. Altough its description is far more detailed than the other mons, it's not the core of my team. That role is divided between Snorlax, KyuB and Fini.

I need some help with EV spreads or movesets, since I don't know what fits my team the best. Also I'd really like to know if I should replace anything in my team with something more optimal. Just don't spam "Snorlax is trash replace it with *insert literally every DOU Pokémon*", I know it's bad and I will replace it if I need to.

Last edited:
You can replace Iapapa Berry to Figy Berry, since Pokemons that use trick (or other items swapping move) is often SpA Pokemons with -Attack nature.
Other than that, this team is too standard to give any suggestion...

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
Rillaboom needs more evs on atk. Just a flat 252+ atk is fine. (124 can miss out on the urshifu KO). otherwise yeah the sets are pretty standard. interesting to see a more offensive porygon, it could definitely have some more def/spdef investment.

Rillaboom needs more evs on atk. Just a flat 252+ atk is fine. (124 can miss out on the urshifu KO). otherwise yeah the sets are pretty standard. interesting to see a more offensive porygon, it could definitely have some more def/spdef investment.
Yeah, I've noticed that Rillaboom's attack is often not enough ot KO a lot of things. I'm actually going to use a LO KyuB set now and pair it with a more offensive Rillaboom so that my team doesn't become too passive.
About offensive Pory2, it rocks. I've been using it for a while now in a lot of metas (mostly RU, OU and NatDEX) and all I can say is: pls give Porygon2 a decent special STAB attack :(

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
yn tri attack is not exactly a bad stab attack... it also had 30% status chance (though probably mitigated by having fini).
porygon just benefits more from the bolt-beam coverage, it can really patch up holes in teams.

sawamura

Banned deucer.
First of all welcome to doubles ou. Your team basically has a very good structure but currently Snorlax is not a very viable option to take into account. things like urshifu kartana can deal with it perfectly to take it in a non-responsive way. zapdos - Z2 Galar or another mon from the Viality Ranking would fit much better than Snorlax to be honest. if you have a very defensive rilla set you can put a Wood Hammer on it, which makes up for it in terms of power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)