Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Fossilmons could use a humanoid as it has never been done before. I always envisioned a Rock/Normal fossil to be caveman inspired(a shame Feraligatr ditches that motif from Croconaw). If Gamefreak doesn't want to go with the obvious route, a Homo Sapien would be great too.

Tangrowth is loosely based on a (hairy) caveman.

You do know what a homo sapien is, right? Do you maybe mean a Neanderthal?

We know now that Yuungos introduction in Alola was to reduce the Rattata population and thus Rattata adapted to night so it wouldn't be pursued by it's predator who hunts at day.

So we got Alolan-Rattata which is Normal/Dark, there are videos on the offical YT channel as of now.

There's also a Z move unique to Snorlax to be released in a early purchase of Sun moon and some Pokemon will have their own Z cristal such as Alolan Raichu.

Alolan Rattata gets Hustle and Gluttony as abilities.

Wait a second...Snorlax Z move is performed by the trainer doing it on its belly lol!!!

I know you can't resist that new moustache of Rattata-A.

Last edited:
Bleh, I missed the Pokemon one. Do I have to wait for the direct to finish before I see the vid :<

Z Moves might still be universal, but with additional ones for special Pokemon. Zygarde and the box legends are top if not obvious contenders... I also like that this means we can remake DP without introducing a separate form for Dialga and Palkia, while still making them new and interesting!

E: vid on serebii thanks joe

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Damn it! I didn't expect Pokemon to be first! I missed everything!!
So... is this all we are getting? I'm slightly disappointed.

Dark Rattata looks cool though.
Snorlax's pancake attack?? Is it called Pancake because the opponent becomes flattened like a pancake? lol.

I don't know if I'm just getting old but Z-moves don't get me hyped.

That said, Alolan Rattata looks cool. That Chinese leak looks even more credible now.
It wasn't the Chinese leak that mentioned Alolan Rattata being dark type.
It was the 4chan Beware leak which mentioned Alolan forms and Alolan Rattata. (Interestingly, this leak also says that Chinese leak was right about no gyms)

Official video is up!

Dark(/normal) Rattata confirmed, and I loved the "scientific" explanation! I like it a lot!
PULVERIZING PANCAKE is adorable too. I really love the fact that there're some "personalized" Z moves out there, and that pretty much confirms that not every Z move will be the same just switching typing.

Also interesting; since the Zmoves can be Pokemon exclusive, that no longer means that every z move has to be strictly an offensive powerhouse for the sake of fairness. We could have a Pokemon with a supportive or defensive specialty move.

Not saying we will, though, since a buffed Geomancy is probably even worse for the game than a >300 BP move, and GameFreak like their powerful flashy attacks.

Pulverizing Pancake is what happens when someone tells Snorlax GSC ended over 15 years ago.
Nah, to me this seems more like the trainer just told Snorlax that the enemy Pokemon had a ticket to an all-you-can-eat buffet and wasn't going to share.

Trainer: "Hey snorlax, that Gumshoos has a ticket to an all-you-can-eat buffet."
Snorlax: "REALLY?"
Trainer: "He's not sharing though."
Snorlax: "I DON'T CARE. I MUST HAVE THE PRECIOUS!"

How did I know Alolan Rattata was gonna be dark type?..(LEAKS)

Pulverising pancake sounds kinda lame but funny at the same time!

How will we get the Munchlax if we purchase it early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)