Other Metagames Gen 8 ZU Team Building: Team around Glaceon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to build around my favourite pokemon: Glaceon so I think that maybe a Hail Team is a good team for it.

Glaceon @ Choice Specs Ability: Ice Body EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD Modest Nature
  • Blizzard
  • Ice Beam
  • Shadow Ball
  • Freeze-dry
The Special Sweeper + Wallbreaker that spams Blizzard when Hail is active. I make Glaceon a Bulky Sweeper because I think that putting points on Speed doesn't make him any faster than other sweepers in the tier too.

Aurorus (F) @ Icy Rock Ability: Snow Warning EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD Modest Nature
  • Aurora Veil
  • Earth Power
  • Blizzard
  • Flash Cannon
Lead/Hail setter. Same EV spread as above with the same reason

Qwilfish (M) @ Black Sludge Ability: Intimidate EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe Impish Nature
  • Spikes
  • Thunder Wave
  • Liquidation
  • Pain Split
Support mostly to setup spikes and spam TW to cripple enemy. It's also one of the Water + Poison type pokemon.

Sandslash-Alola @ Leftovers Ability: Slush Rush EVs: 252 HP / 204 SpD / 52 Spe Careful Nature

• Stealth Rock
  • Icicle Crash
  • Iron Head
  • Rapid Spin
Rapid Spinner + Wall + counter to Fairies, can be a revenge killer too. But often I find it useless when there is no Hail because it's too slow and enemy team usually has Fighting moves for it.

Shiinotic @ Rocky Helmet Ability: Effect Spore EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD Bold Nature
  • Strength Sap
  • Spore
  • Synthesis
  • Giga Drain
Walls Fighting type, the type I am most vulnerable to. Counter for Water/Ground pokemons.

Silvally-Fighting @ Fighting Memory Ability: RKS System EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Jolly Nature
  • Multi-Attack
  • Defog
  • Crunch
  • U-turn
I wanted to find a fighting type to get my answer for Rock and Steel so I just pick the one with the highest stats.

Anything I need to tweak for this team? It can be a completely different team comb as long as Glaceon is in the team.
I have a mixed results with this team at 14/10 at 1109. Often it's because they have too many counters like Fighting, Rock, Steel moves to my Ice type or because they just have much faster pokemon so can pivot very well like Accelgor which is faster than any of my pokemon and spam Focus Blast.

Importable: https://pokepast.es/882cfcd25ad9777f

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

Why did you choose this mon
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it
What are all 4 moves for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)