National Dex Gen 8 National Dex RMT!! Help!

Something I love doing in battles is using niche, underused, or forgotten Pokemon that have exceptional usage. That's kinda what Inspired my team!

Dragalge  sprite from Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 152 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpA / 48 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Dragalge

This is one of my all-time favorite Pokemon, the art and design choice is phenomenal, not to mention it has one of the most broken abilities in the game! Adaptability - any of the user's stab type moves do 2.0x Damage. With this ability, Draco Meteor has a base attack + stab of 260. Paired with maxed sp.atk and choice specs creates a death sentence. Also because of it's typing, Poison-Dragon, this scares off, and resist Fairy type Pokemon and moves. This Pokemon could also set up toxic spikes to add residual damage, and limit the user to switching in to other Pokemon they don't want poisoned/toxic.

Empoleon  sprite from GO

Empoleon @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 152 HP / 44 Def / 228 SpA / 48 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
Empoleon

This Pokemon is great for damage and has another wonderful typing, you wont see often. Water-Steel. With it's amazing base stats, it enables this Pokemon to survive pretty well, and deal out massive damage. This Pokemon is great for switching into, walling out some other Pokemon, prevent toxic, and will hit like a truck.

Eelektross  sprite from GO

Eelektross @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 144 HP / 160 Atk / 80 Def / 124 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fire Punch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Wild Charge
- Drain Punch
Eelektross

I Love This Pokemon. Eelektross has no weaknesses at all, it's levitate ability is a super nice pokemon to switch in to, when 2 Pokemon on your team is weak to ground. This Pokemon also has amazing base stats. It has a huge attack stat of 115, and hp, def, and sp.atk sitting at 85,80, and 80. This Pokemon is mainly for versatility, and denting the other Pokemon's team. I also added in Hidden Power Ice, mainly for 2 things. 1. To take out Landorus-Therian, and any other thing 4x weak to ice, like Gliscor, Salamence, etc. (But mainly lando.) I chose this over a more suitable move like Aqua Tail which has a base power of 90. But apparently, with choice band, and max atk. when you get intimidated, aqua tail wont even kill. 2nd reason is, it's a major surprise factor. On a mainly physical attacking Pokemon, you'll be surprised when you OHKO'd by hidden power.

Staraptor

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- U-turn
- Close Combat
Staraptor

This Pokemon is all for trying to 1 hit kill. It's Reckless ability pairs really well with Brave Bird and Double-Edge, which also gets stab! Reckless makes sure that any move that has recoil do 1.2x more damage. Put that on a bird with the base stat of 120 atk and 100 speed, and it makes a good Pokemon. This Pokemon also has another great move close combat, and then can always U-turn away into another Pokemon.

1631997633333.png

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 220 HP / 112 Atk / 176 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
1631997672630.png

Scizor-Mega, while not too uncommon, you still won't encounter one too many times. This pokemon has one of the best stats I've seen. With a defence that rivals Skarmory, and with the right amount of sp.def EV's, will have almost 280. This Pokemon also has one of the highest attack stats of a base attack of 150. and a decent hp stat of 70. Other than that, there's not much to say.

Moltres

Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpA
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Scorching Sands
Moltres

This Pokemon is an amazing defensive wall. This Pokemon is amazing with Heavy-Duty Boots, ignoring the 50% hp drop from stealth rocks, This Pokemon also has great moves like Heat Wave, and Scorching Sands, and with it's ability Flame body, it's almost certain you'll be burned. This Pokemon also has an above-average sp.atk for most defensive mons, and fills the lack of fire moves in this team.

Overall, this team is really well, but has some flaws, and I really need some help / suggestions to maximize it's possibilities. Thank you for checking out my team, and even more thanks if you leave a suggestion! Take care!

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi spooky13 , unfortunately Pokemon such as :empoleon: , :dragalge: , :eelektross: , and :staraptor: simply aren’t good in Natdex OU, nor are they niche / underused / forgotten; as well as the team lacking crucial elements to Natdex teams such as a Ground immunity and a check to Ash Greninja and the random looking / unexplained EV spreads. Although these Pokemon are simply put, not very good, ill try my best to incorporate at least one of them and mantain the general idea of the team, whilst making it at least somewhat usable in the tier!

:empoleon: :eelektross: :dragalge: :staraptor: :moltres: :scizor-mega: (original team)

Major Changes

Big set / Pokemon changes

:eelektross: -> :tapu-koko:

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Unfortunately Eelektross does nothing better than Tapu Koko other than a Ground immunity, and due to its mediocre bulk and offenses + overreliance on Life Orb in conjunction with Wild Charge as its main STAB option, it dies very very quick. A much better replacement for this is Boots Tapu Koko, which has much more defensive utiliy in being a dark resist (which is important later on), immunity to hazards, better damage output (without hurting itself) as well as a much better speed tier.

:dragalge: -> :kyurem:

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature / Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Draco Meteor

Kyurem here takes the place of Dragalge as a fearsome Dragon-type wallbreaker, but has a much better STAB typing in ice, which makes it much harder to switch into. It also doesnt rely on Adaptability to deal damage, meaning even non STABs hit hard. Having a much better speed tier is also extremely helpful in helping break down teams for Mega Scizor and Tapu Koko, appreciating Mega Scizor removing Ferrothorn, Magnezone and SpDef Heatran for it to freely click Ice Beam.

:staraptor: -> :garchomp:

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock / Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Due to Tapu Koko already providing Speed Control, Garchomp takes the place of Scarf Staraptor, providing the team with a Ground type as well as Stealth Rock, both of which the team lacks. It also provides a secondary breaker alongside Kyurem, as well as checking the likes of Volcarona and Char Y, both of which can cause issues for the team.

:empoleon:

Empoleon @ Leftovers / Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 32 SpA / 228 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam / Roar
- Knock Off / Defog / Stealth Rock
- Toxic

To save me from completely changing your team, i am keeping Empoleon, but adjusting the set slightly to suit the team. This set lets you pivot into Greninja to scout its move, and provides a solid Water Resist. The SpA investment allows Empoleon to KO Garchomp after Stealth Rock, although it isnt needed if not running Ice Beam:

32 SpA Empoleon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 336-396 (94.1 - 110.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

The rest are in SpD to check Ash Greninja better. Leftovers is nice for much better longevity over the long term, and Shuca lets you stay in and punish Ground types who attempt to force you out. Having Defog on Empoleon allows for moves like Toxic and U-Turn on Moltres, and Stealth Rock on it allows for Substitute or Fire Fang / Blast on Garchomp.

Minor Changes

Mainly just minor set changes, to work with the team better + optimise EVs.

:scizor-mega:

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 24 SpD / 220 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

This spread allows you to outspeed Modest Magnezone, as well as combining it with the sample spread, which lives 2 Lopunny CCs. Superpower lets you surprise the likes of Ferrothorn, Heatran, Magnezone, and Corviknight, weakening or outright killing them for Tapu Koko and Kyurem.

:moltres:

Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 52 SpD / 60 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Scorching Sands

This Moltres spread allows you to take 2 Lopunny Frustrations, as well as outspeed Modest Heatran. Flamethrower is used over Heat Wave for more consistency, as well as the 5 BP not mattering enough to be considered in most cases, and isnt worth it over the chance to miss.

:moltres: :scizor-mega: :tapu-koko: :garchomp: :empoleon::kyurem: (Finished new team !)

Hope this team is satisfactory, have fun with it!

For my first post, and being relatively new to Pokemon battles, this helps a lot! Thanks for the reply and changes, it helps so much. And after testing the changes you made, the team is already doing much better!

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
For my first post, and being relatively new to Pokemon battles, this helps a lot! Thanks for the reply and changes, it helps so much. And after testing the changes you made, the team is already doing much better!
Thank you, thats great to hear my man^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)