Gen 5 Sandstorm

After lurking in the shadows for about a year, reading and learning about competitive play, Im finally participating lol.
I thought since I was a TTar fan Id start off with a sandstorm team. Its been faring pretty well so far on PO but there are a couple of things I have an issue with, and I really want to learn more. Plus, there is always room for improvement!

And yes i know Exca and Chomp are banned i didn clarify this the frist time i posted. this is for general all around play.

The Pokemon Im pretty set on:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252/HP 60/ATK 176/SPAtk 20/Spe
-Rock Slide
-Aqua Tail
-Fire blast
-Crunch
Quiet Nature

The Ferrothorn killer. I was running a scarfed one at first but there are plenty of viable sweepers out there so I went with a more rounded moveset. He catches people of guard often and he is the answer to a lot of tough opposition. Plus another count of sand stream doesnt hurt either:).

Garchomp @ Leftovers
EVS: 252/Atk 252/ Spe 4/HP
Ability Sand Veil
-swords dance
-substitute
-outrage
-earthquake
Nature jolly

Garchomp is fantastic with a couple of swords dances under his belt. Nuff said.
Im not so sure about Substitute. Its helped me out a lot on occasion but i usually dont need to use it because most pokes arent too hard to set up on with chomp.
Anything that would be better there? or should i hold on to it?

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252/ HP 252/Def 4/SPdef
-Calm mind
-recover
-psychic
-focus blast
Nature Bold

When this pokemon was released i never thought i would be using it but now its one of my favorite pokemon on the team. Wall+Sweeper. Set up and go to town.

The guys im not too sure about:

Excadrill
Ability: Sand Rush @ leftovers
EVs 176/HP 60/Atk 252/SPDef 20/Spe
-rapid spin
-earthquake
-swords dance
-rock slide
Nature adamant

Yes, i said i wasnt sure about excadrill. Maybe im just doing it wrong but he just doesnt seem to deliver. He can clean up a mess in the right situation but with so much earthquake and counters for him he usually dies before he gets much done. Should i do something different?

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability:Sand Stream
EVs: 252/hp 140/Def 116/Sdef
-Slack Off
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Roar
Impish nature

Just your normal Hippowdon. Set up SR. Switch out or do whatever you need to do. Honestly most of the time its sent out to get KOed and im not a big fan of that. I love the roar to prevent setups and the slack off but with so many pokemon ready to counter ground types, The fun can be shortlived.
Is there any better alternatives? Im thinking about giving Forretress a shot but im not sure if hed fit in right. Plus i dont want to lose the extra sand streamer.

Rotom-W @ Choice scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252/SPAtk 4/SPdef 271/Speed
-trick
-volt switch
-hydro pump
-hidden power grass
Nature Modest

One of my favorites. As much as i love using trick on stallers he just doesnt seem to fit right. He gets a lot done and he saves my butt on a regular basis because he solves a lot of type weaknesses of the team. plus switching him in after someone tries to off tyraitar with an earthquake is funny.

Well thats about it. Sorry if i was too vague at all or anything. this is my first post here.
Thanks for reading :D

Yeah..... Excadrill and Garchomp are banned... I wonder how you have been battling in OU.. lol :evan:

~Anyway lets look up for few changes :P

-Gliscor over 'Chomp, Gliscor plays differently but that is fine. This is very hard to get out from field without suffering.
Gliscor@toxic orb (indeed Poison Heal, Ability)
-Protect (works well with substitude; Poison dmg for opponent; And you are regaining HP)
-Substitude (works well with protect)
-EQ (STAB, hits steels who resist toxic; Air Balloon will wall this)
-Toxic (Toxic stall with sub/tect)

-Landorus over Excadrill. Scarfed Landorus is used for scouting, revenge killing and late-game sweeping. Works well in sand (+1 Atk from Sand Throw, Ability)
-U-turn (Scouting, hurts Starmie if it dares to switch in)
-EQ (STAB, hurts a lot)
-Rock Slide (I prefer Acc and with +1 Atk this does fairly good damage, notable flinch chance)
-Filler

I dont think you need Hippowdown, since you got Ttar. I would fill this 'slot' with some pokemon who can handle those Politoeds/WaterMons. Answer for this question would be Ferrothorn? It could also help help to set up Hazards.

GL for teambuilding!

A better answer for rain in a sandstorm is Gastrodon. Gastrodon's immune to water type attacks and Thunder.

Bold Gastrodon should do well.

Lol i know Chomp and Exca are banned. I guees i should have clarified that i
havent been playing on Smogons server on PO.

Lol i dont think im ready for you guys yet. Im still getting the hang of it.

But I thought i would come here instead of asking a question on Yahoo answers and get a whole lot of answers i dont get anything from.

Thanks for the input so far:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)