(Gen 4) Combating from close

Introduction

I always make stall or semi-stall teams, but after reading this article, I discovered that I needed an offensive team to ladder when my points are slow. Then, after some thinking, I made a very offensive team and won a lot of battles with it, but I still think it can get better. If it can, please let me know how.

This team was made in order to remove one-by-one every counter lucario has, so that it can come in and sweep the foe's team. It also includes spikes and stealth rock, so that lucario's sweep can be more assured. Ok, let's start.

Team Building process

First, I Decided I would make a team based on Lucario. First, I knew I would have stealth rock so that lucario achieves the KOs it needs. So, I just went with a suicidal lead, that is, aerodactyl, since it's the fastest one.

Since luca's biggest nemesis are bulky ground types, I wanted a poké that could easily beat them. Starmie was perfect for the job. It also can lure pursuit users, on which lucario can set up on. Starmie also kills fire types that lucario can't (scarftran, priority infernape).

Then, I knew I wanted spikes. But it wouldn't be any spiker. I wanted a very offensive spiker that could keep pressure at the foe. I discovered that OU had a lot of water types. Then, I picked Roserade, since she can kill or set spikes at them.

Then I realized that I needed a spin blocker, so that I can keep my hazards. SubSplit gengar is one of the top threats of this metagame, so I picked him. He also loves the hazards.

And then, I wanted Sandstorm to help lucario's sweep, as well as killing bulky psychics and bulky ghosts that lucario can't kill. Then, Scarftar came to mind. It also checks starmie, one threat to my team.

And then, I tought my team had troubles with steel types like skarmory and bronzong, sincze my only fire attack was rose's HP fire. So, I changed the aero lead for an Infernape lead.

But then, an AgilliGross owned my team, and I decided to change gengar for rotom-H since they do almost the same spin blocking role, while rotom-h also stops metagross and counters steels pretty well.

And this is how the team looks now.
In-Depth Analysis

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SAtk / 192 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Fake Out
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat

Fire is a great attacking type on this meta, hitting the dominant steel types for super effectively, so I picked infernape for a SR lead. Fake Out breaks the sash of the other leads. Stealth Rock helps lucario reaching some important KOs. Fire Blast is a powerful move and when infernape has used its sash, it will be blazed. Close Combat is just secondary stab. 192 with a hasty nature reaches 330 speed, outpacing base 100s. Special attack is maxed for a devasting fire blast, and the rest is sent to attack to give more punch to close combat.

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

I used to run Life Orb, but changed it for scarf since it outspeeds some threats to my team. STABed Hydro Pump coming off of 328 special attack is nothing to laugh at, hammering most neutrals for a 2HKO. Thunderbolt rounds off the coverage with hydro pump, hitting water pokémon (bar lanturn). Ice Beam is used now to revenge scarf flygon and +1 DD dragonite. Don't bother using it against shaymin or celebi, since it won't OHKO and you'll be dead after, roserade does much better against those. Using scarf and Rapid Spin might look dumb, but starmie will mostly be switching after it spins, so it doesn't matter. Modest is used here because it reaches 329 speed, enough to outspeed 328 (jolly flygon's speed, timid jirachi's speed, timid shaymin and a lot more), so with a scarf it will be outspeeding scarfed versions of those by 1 point.

Roserade (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 24 Def / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes

Ah Roserade. She's here because A) She absorbs toxic spikes/ B) checks almost every grass or water poké that are popular thanks to the FWG core rise; C) Provide spikes that help the team and D) hits like a boss. Grass Knot is a powerful move against most of the meta game. It's so powerful that it can OHKO gyarados and +0 crocune after rocks. Sludge Bomb is a reliable and powerful STAB, and while poison isn't a good attacking type, it murders grass types like shaymin and celebi, who cause trouble to my team. Hidden Power [Fire] is there to kill forretress and skarmory, who completely laugh at roserade's STABs (tough I'm thinking in changing it for ground to hit heatran) and Spikes is nice on an offensive team and it helps lucario achieving KOs (like on hippowdon). Special attack is maxed. Timid with 232 EVs reach 300. I didn't max it because due to HP fire, it will only reach 305 and there's nothing that it outspeeds that 300 doesn't outspeed. The rest is dumped into defense.

Rotom-H @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Gengar used to have this spot, but after realizing how my team was weak to AgiliGross, I changed it. Rotom-H gets gengar's same handy immunities as well as more resistances and more bulk, for the price of less speed. Overheat is his signature move and can be used to smack steel types that rotom loves to wall. Thunderbolt is a powerful STAB and electric is a good attacking type. Shadow Ball is rotom's another STAB and along with thunderbolt and overheat, it hits everything at least for neutral. Trick is used to stop walls from doing their job. The EVs here are simple: max speed and special attack.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Ttar. My favourite pokémon ever. But, like roserade, that's not why he's here. It's here to set rocks, revenge kill some stuff and kill psychics and ghosts that cause trouble for lucario. Crunch is a reliable STAB and destroys ghosts and psychics. Pursuit is a crunch that hits on the switch, meaning a check-mate for dark-weak pokemon. Stone Edge is a powerful move and it can severely maim a lot of stuff and Earthquake is nice for killing other lucarios, heatran, etc and it covers well with stone edge. Max speed and attack like every sweeper, jolly to outspeed base 115s and slower.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Bullet Punch

The theme of the team. He's also the 3rd coolest pokémon IMO only losing to ttar and roserade. He cleans the rest of the foe's team. Swords Dance is a deadly setup move and it just needs one turn to be fatal. Close Combat is an imensely powerful move factoring STAB and after a swords dance it will be OHKOing even skarmory after stealth rock. ExtremeSpeed owns almost everything that is faster than lucario (it OHKOes flygon) and Bullet Punch kills gengar and scarftars.

Why not using Crunch over ExtremeSpeed or Bullet Punch?
With Bullet Punch + ExtremeSpeed I can't hit Dusknoir, Rotom-A, Cresselia and Celebi.
With Crunch + Bullet Punch I can't hit Starmie, Infernape and Jolteon.
With Crunch + Extremespeed I can't hit gengar, froslass and scarfed tyranitar.
After analysing this, the 1st combination's issues can be easily eliminated by tyranitar while the 2nd and 3rd Combinations' issues can be handled but with difficulty by the team. So, I picked the 1st combination.

Conclusion

I won a lot of matches thanks to lucario. This mades me realize that lucario is so awesome at the battlefield as he's awesome in his look. I'm also very happy that I could make a good team with 3 pokés that are on my top 10 favourite pokés.

Defensive Threats:
Blissey
WishBliss
: Lucario sets up or smacks it with close combat.
Cleric: Same as above.

Bronzong
Tank
: Infernape or rotom-h roast it and starmie can spin his rocks.

Celebi
Physically Defensive
: Roserade is immune to leech seed, 4x resists grass knot, outspeeds and OHKOes it with sludge bomb.
Tinkerbell: I try to have roserade coming on a grass attack to OHKO it with sludge bomb.
SubSeed: Roserade is immune to leech seed and OHKOes with sludge bomb.
Cresselia
Physically Defensive
: Rotom tricks or shadow balls it.
Specially Defensive: Tyranitar crunches/pursuits it.

Donphan
Suporter
:Starmie or Roserade OHKO this and starmie can spin rocks.

Dusknoir
Tank
: Tyranitar crunches or rotom shadow balls it.

Forretress
Physically defensive
:Infernape fire blasts it, roserade HP fires it, rotom-h spinblocks and overheats it, starmie can spin its hazards.

Specially defensive:Infernape fire blasts it, roserade HP fires it, rotom-h spinblocks and overheats it, starmie can spin its hazards.

Gliscor
BritScor
:S
tarmie OHKOes with ice beam or sludge bomb.
Lead: Infernape 2HKOes it with fire blast
Gyarados
Resttalker
: Starmie or rotom OHKO this with thunderbolt.

Hippowdon
Physically Defensive
: Roserade OHKOes it with grass knot, starmie with hydro pump and starmie can spin rocks.
Specially Defensive: Better for luke, a +2 close combat OHKOes it.

Heatran
Specially Defensive
: Tyranitar OHKOes it with earthquake, lucario with close combat.
TormenTran: Prediction beats it.

Jirachi
Wish Support
: Roserade doesn't mind thunder-wave and has HP fire to deal with it.
Specially Defensive: Ttar earthquakes it.

Rotom-A
RestTalk
: Tyranitar owns it with crunch/pursuit.
Defensive: Rotom is the best option since it outspeeds, has shadow ball and doesn't matter will-o-wisp.

Skarmory

Physically Defensive: Starmie or rotom will own it, spikes are spun by starmie.
Specially Defensive: Same as above.

Snorlax

RestTalk: Lucario rapes it with close combat.
Tank: Same as above.

Suicune
Resttalk: Roserade completely owns it.

Swampert
Tank: Roserade completely owns it.
RestTalk: Roserade completely owns it.
Tentacruel
: Tyranitar Earthquakes it, rotom tricks it, starmie thunderbolts it and t.spikes are absorbed by roserade.

Vaporeon
: Roserade beats it.

Zapdos
SubRoost
: Tyranitar outspeeds and uses stone edge.
Physically defensive: Tyranitar 2HKOes and sponges its hits.
Specially defensive: Tyranitar OHKOes.

Offensive Threats:
Azelf
Lead
: With infernape I fake out on the 1st turn, stealth rock on the 2nd and switch to ttar on the 3rd to kill it.
Sweeper: Tyranitar stops it with crunch.

Breloom
Choice Scarf: I let one of the natural cure duo take the spore and play around after.
Subseed/SubPunch: If it gets a sub I'll have to sacrifice a member, but everyone outspeeds it and everyone but ttar has a move to OHKO it.

Dragonite
MixNite
: I need prediction to beat this, but if I can have starmie coming on a super power or tyranitar coming on a draco meteor, it's dead.
Dragon Dance: Starmie outspeeds a +1 dnite and OHKOes with ice beam.

Electivire
Mixed Sweeper
: If it's at +0, tyranitar outspeeds and OHKOes with earthquake.
Physical sweeper: If it's at +0, tyranitar outspeeds and OHKOes with earthquake.
Flygon

Choice Scarf: Starmie outspeeds and OHKOes with ice beam.
Choice Band: Starmie outspeeds and OHKOes with ice beam.
Mixed Attacker: Starmie outspeeds and OHKOes with ice beam.
Gallade
Swords Dance
: Rotom-H outspeeds it and has shadow ball to deal with it.

Gengar
Substitute
: If I can have tyranitar coming on a shadow ball, it's dead.
Choice Scarf: Play around it.
Gyarados
Dragon Dance
: Starmie outspeeds and thunderbolts it.
Heatran
Choice Scarf
: Starmie outspeeds and OHKOes it with hydro pump.
Choice Specs: Lucario OHKOes with close combat, tyranitar with earthquake, starmie with hydro pump.
Stealth Rock: Starmie hydro pumps and can spin rocks.

Heracross

Choice Scarf: Prediction.
Choice Band: Almost everyone on the team outspeeds and dents it.

Infernape
Choice Scarf
: Play around it.
Other sets: Starmie handles it with ease.
Jolteon
Choice Specs
: Tyranitar can sponge any hit and earthquake it.
Life Orb: Same as above.
Kingdra
Any Set
: I generally send roserade to take water hits and luca after to take the outrage and setup.

Lucario
Swords Dance
: Tyranitar revenges it unless if it has bullet punch.
Agillity: If it gets an agillity it sweeps my team. Thankfully it's extremely rare and it rarely finds space to setup since my entire team is faster and can OHKO it.

Machamp
Lead
: I fake out and then try to fire blast it dependind on the dynamic punch roll (it does 80-95% IIRC) and then try to kill it, but it's bulky and it almost always kills something on my team.

Magnezone
Any Set
: Everyone on my team outspeeds and OHKOes it and it can only trap lucario, who already rapes it.

Mamoswine

Physical attacker: Starmie outspeeds, resists ice shard and OHKOes.

Metagross

Lead: I usually fake out on the first turn, lay rocks along with him and fire blasts it. Starmie can spin the rocks after.
Agillity: Rotom walls it and overheats it.
Choice Band: Slower than the entire team and almost everyone has an attack to dent it.

Porygon-Z

Any Set: Tyranitar bascially can take any hit (bar HP fighting) and crunch it.

Roserade
Lead
: Since infernape scares it, I usually fake out and stealth rock after. My own roserade absorbs its toxic spikes.
Spikes: Infernape owns it, starmie can rapid spin.
Choice Scarf: Starmie outspeeds and ice beams.

Scizor
Any Set
: Rotom-H walls it and can overheat it.

Shaymin
Special attacker
: If I can have roserade coming on a seed flare (and it don't lower the sp.def), she can survive a hidden power and sludge bomb for the OHKO after.
SubSeed: Roserade outspeeds and OHKOes with sludge bomb.

Starmie
Life Orb
: My own starmie can outspeed and thunderbolt it, ttar can crunch/pursuit.
Choice Specs: Same as above.
Rapid Spin: Since starmie can't OHKO it, ttar is the best option.

Togekiss
Any Set
: Rotom-H walls its common attacks and deals with it using thunderbolt.

Tyranitar
Choice Scarf: Lucario sets up on any move bar superpower/earthquake and when it comes back, it will be bullet punched.
Any other Set: Lucario murders it with Close Combat.

Weavile
Life Orb
: It can kill any member I have with the proper move, but if I can make it use night slash on lucario, then I bullet punch it.
Swords Dance: Same as above.
Choice Band: Play around it.

Zapdos
Choice Scarf
: Play around it.
Other set: Tyranitar outspeeds and stone edges it.

Lamppost

I put the milk in first
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sup blue,
you made a really solid team here and i can see it climbing the ladders pretty well.
I just have a few suggestions for you:

On roserade i would probably opt for sleep powder over sludge bomb. Putting an opponents pokemon to sleep will almost always benefit you and can guarentee that you get atleast one layer of spikes left. It doesn't need the extra coverage of sludge bomb seeing as it's not a sweeper, and not really meant to sweep imo. I would also pick leaf storm over grass knot. As i said above roserade isn't meant to sweep to a more hit, spike, run tactic with it would work better.

I can't really think of anything else right now so good job, and good luck!

Editing

My team is very AgiliGross weak: it can enter on 90% of the attacks, use an agillity to be faster than everyone and OHKO roserade, gengar and ttar with meteor mash, OHKO infernape and lucario with Earthquake and OHKO starmie with thunderpunch. For this reason, I'm switching gengar for a Specs Rotom-H.

Still new to rating.

You stated that Agiligross sweeps you pretty easily, which is still mostly true as you would need a bulkier set on Rotom to make sure you are stopping it, but almost every sweeper that outspeeds your Scarftar after set up sweeps you easily. Agility Empoleon, Agililuc, DDnite and DDGyara etc. All of these things can set up without too much trouble and stopping them are going to be very hard for you. I would say that a Adamant Scarfgon with Thunderpunch will work over Scarftar with ease.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Adamant
Leviate
4 HP | 252 Att | 252 Spe
Thunderpunch
Outrage
Earthquake
U-Turn

Standard stuff, and a final nitpick would be to run the standard Roserade, or atleast Rest over Sludge Bomb, which due to natural cure, will completely heal you and you can come in at full heath and no status when you switch out. The standard set has leftovers over Life Orb with a EV spread of 252 HP | 136 SDef | 120 Spe this would be very useful for Starmie espacially by running rest over Sludge Bomb.

What could be worth trying, would be to replace Starmie with Flygon, Gengar could go back over Rotom to give you somthing that switches in for free against Gliscor, and go more defesive on Tyranitar and Skarmory over Roserade, but that is only if you want to and that makes you really Starmie weak, but anyway. Try my rate out and GL with the team.

yeah, I want a scarflygon, but scarftar is vital to this team since it sets sandstorm and eliminates bulky ghosts/psychics that wall lucario...

Your team is solid in most areas, but it falls to the things that scarftar cannot check. Dragonite with DD can easily 6-0 your after it sets up on Starmie, Roserade (sludge bomb helps I guess), Infernape, and locked moves from TTar and Rotom. After a DD scarftar cannot beat it. The same holds true for Gyarados. Flygon is also an issue as well. The problem is you only have 1 steel (and one of the frailest OU steels at that), so dragons can easily rampage.

The simplest solution would to switch Roserade with a Skarmory. You can still spike and counter grass types, but now you stand a better chance against Dragonite, Gyarados, ect. I would recommend a scarf Jirachi as a lead over infernape with stealth rock/iron head/thunderpunch/fire punch instead, but that leaves you with three fire weak pokes (rather not have more than two weaknesses on a team), but that is also an option. Careful with alot of SpD EVs can counter things like Shaymin, Gengar, even -2 mixnite. You can also beat a weakened Starmie at full health.

Aerrow

hunter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey, Blue_Star. This seems to be a pretty good team you have here, although I definitely agree with the other raters that it needs to be a re-arranged a bit, as at the moment, Pokemon like DD Dragonite, DD Gyarados and opposing SD Lucario seem to run right through it. Although you think that DD Gyarados is checked by Starmie, after a Dragon Dance, Gyarados will easily be able to KO Starmie with Stone Edge, after Stealth Rock damage.

The easiest way to overcome most of these problems would be too replace Choice Specs Rotom-H with a Choice Scarf variant, as with said item, it will be able to outpace and KO +1 Gyarados while also outrunning and eliminating SD Lucario. Along with this, you may also want to change your Choice Scarf Tyranitar variant to a Choice Band one as, to be honest, Pokemon like Gengar are handled easily through Lucario's Bullet Punch seeing as it will do a minimum of 95% to 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP Gengar variant (after a Swords dance boost), and Choice Band Tyranitar generally makes a great partner to Lucario as it helps soften up defensive cores for the latter. Although these changes help greatly with your team's core and its ability to check DD Gyarados and SD Lucario (among others), you still stay significantly weak to Dragon Dance Dragonite, as after a boost it can rip right through your team (you have to rely on Lucario's ExtremeSpeed / Bullet Punch to bring it down after about 70% of LO recoil). As a user mentioned before, a Spiker Skarmory over Roserade may be best as it will help with any Dragonite not running Fire Blast or Flamethrower.

I recommend trying out those changes if you want the least amount of changes to your team, however there's another set of changes I'd like to suggest which originally pooped into my head, although I didn't post them first as they required a whole lot of changes to your team: just like in the previous set of changes, I recommend replacing Choice Scarf Tyranitar with a Choice Band variant, for the aforementioned reasoning. Also, I recommend replacing Roserade with a Choice Scarf Flygon as on this particular team, I don't think spikes support is necessary, seeing as Pokemon like Hippowdon are already are taken care of by several members of your team. Also, I'd like to point out that CB Tyranitar + CS Flygon + SD Lucario make an effective offensive core, as they all help break down each others' threats. Lastly, I would suggest replacing Rotom-H, now unneeded, with a Substitute + 3 Attacks Gengar, as it pairs up nicely with CB Tyranitar, helping lure in and break through Pokemon including Scizor and opposing Tyranitar; however, this will make you vulnerable to Agility Metagross, so keeping Rotom-H (and altering the set to a Choice Scarf variant) would be a good idea, if you find the newly opened Metagross weakness overwhelming. I understand if you decide not to use these set of changes, as I'm basically building your team (which as a team rater, I should not be doing), but I ran a similar team in the past (after the changes mentioned), and felt obliged to post some of the strategies I associated it with.

I hope this has helped, and good luck!

Suggestions in Short

• 1st Set of Suggestions
    • Choice Scarf Rotom-H
    • Choice Band Tyranitar
    • Physically Defensive Skarmory

• 2nd Set of Suggestions
    • Choice Band Tyranitar
    • Choice Scarf Flygon
    • Substitute, 3 Attacks Gengar / Choice Scarf Rotom-H

I updated my team, thanks for the ratings.

The team is almost the same, but I changed starmie's life orb for a choice scarf, since now it can outspeed scarfed flygon and +1 dragonte and OHKO with ice beam and can outspeed +1 gyarados and OHKO with thunderbolt.

Hi,

First of all, fuck I love the team building process. Epic win dude.

As from the rates above, you only have 1 steel type, and therefore you'll easily lose to Dragon types. I really have to agree with them, Roserade > Skarmory. Having Skarmory allows you to keep Spikes while having an awesome Physical wall and counter to most common pokemon, such as the one giving you problems(you said), Metagross. Metagross without elemental punches would do bullshit to Skarm.

Next is, I really would like you to change Scarf Starmie into an LO Version. It's really awesome. As Eggbert stated, when Starmie is locked in Hydro Pump, Dragonite can easily set up on it and proceed to rampage through your team. While when you're in Life Orb, you just smash everything they switch in. Trust me.

Lastly, Trick-Specs-Rotom. Yep, sure it's awesome. But I suggest giving it Scarf instead. Tricking Scarf into walls, such as Blissey is really funny. :)) Scarf is much better because you can revenge Gyarados like no problem, piece of cake. And fire off an Overheat with pure awesomeness. :) lol. Yep, I've used it, and Scarf is much, more better that Specs in my opinion. :) I don't know about Ttar, I'm getting a little lazy today. lol. I'll rate again.

Good Luck! That's all for now.

Hey, Blue_Star! This is a solid team, effectively being able to defeat Lucario's common counters like Gyarados (with Rotom), Rotom (with Tyranitar) and supply hazards for him to achieve all the KOes he needs. While this is a solid team, from a glance I feel unsatisfied with your current Roserade set. Offensive Roserade is not a great Pokemon in this metagame, and I would rather use Shaymin if you're going for an offensive Grass. If you're looking to abuse Spikes on Roserade to help your Lucario's sweep, I suggest changing to the Specially Defensive set I've used to great success. It checks a large amount of special attackers and reliably lays down Spikes.

Roserade @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Sp.Def
- Spikes
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Ground
- Rest

You obviously have a lot of flexibility in your Hidden Powers, HP Fire continues to ward off Skarmory and Forretress who try to set-up on your or the latter spin your hazards, while Hidden Power Ice smacks Dragonite around and Hidden Power Ground nails Heatran, Roserade's most common switch-in. I'm listing Rest as the primary option over Synthesis as your Tyranitar's Sand Stream could potentionally get in the way. Finally, Energy Ball is being used over Grass Knot because it is guaranteed to break both 4/0 Gengar and Rotom's Substitutes, showing just how powerful Roserade is even without investment. I feel this set will benefit your team a lot, and is a lot more effective than your previous one, abusing Roserade's niche and not playing a set that is generally outclassed by another Pokemon, and you don't have many opportunities to set-up Spikes on a Pokemon who is meant to be continually attacking.

Hope my change works well for you and good luck with the team!

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
This seems like a pretty decent and standard Swords Dance Lucario team in this metagame, although you are using a few unusual sets, which is always nice. The current problems I see are pokemon such as Dragonite [mixed variants since nothing likes switching in] running right through you. Also other set up sweepers such as Jolly Bullet Punch Lucario will give your some major trouble in the long run as well. If I were you, I would simply replace your Choice Scarf Starmie with an Offensive Suicune. Offensive Suicune has massive bulk and the ability to check pokemon such as Dragonite, Gyarados, and Adamant Lucario easier than most Pokemon in OU. Not only that, but Offensive Suicune packs more reliability than your Starmie. Also, Suicune fixes the problem that you have with Agility Lucario to an extent as it allows you to tank unboosted Close Combats [kinda] as Starmie would simply not be able to take very many hits from Lucario. Although Starmie has the ability to outrun a bulky Gyarados after multiple dragon dances, it is very vulnerable to pokemon such as Tyranitar and Scizor if locked onto the wrong move. This is why Suicune, who has the ability to tank hits from both of those very common pokemon, will be the better choice in the long run.

Next, I would simply shift your Rotom-H to the scarf variant. While it may seem redundant to have two choice scarfed pokemon on one team, Scarfed Rotom-H and Scarfed Tyranitar can make a very potent revenge killing duo. With your Starmie possible being replaced, you lose your ability to check Mach Punch Infernape efficiently; however if you simply use a Scarf Rotom, then Pokemon such as Infernape and Jolly Bullet Punch Lucario are no longer threats to this team as they were before.

Finally, I would switch your Roserade up for a Leech Seed + Protect Shaymin. Although Life Orb Roserade is absorbs Toxic Spikes which can be helpful in the long run, I really think the survivability of your Shaymin would be much better for you. Not only will Shaymin be able to switch into almost every Bulky Water type in OU and set up on it [i.e. Vaporeon, Suicune, Swampert] but it can also provide you with a decent pokemon to check Agility Lucario to an extent. So between Suicune and Shaymin, you should be able to handle these rare forms of Lucario granted that you play correctly. Not only that, but Shaymin has the ability to give you a secondary check to Life Orb Starmie, which Roserade frankly can't do. If I were you, I would just run:

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Timid 252 HP | 68 SpA | 188 Spe Natural Cure
Leech Seed | Seed Flare | Hidden Power [Fire] | Protect

That is all I have to say for now, good luck with any changes you might make in this team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)