GBA Fire Emblem Tribute(OU RMT)

It has been a very long while, but I'm finally back. While I was on hiatus, I played Fire Emblem extensively. Not only that, I watched NickSRiddle's FE7 and FE8 video commentary on YouTube. So I redesigned my team, making sets and naming the dudes after units from Fire Emblem's 7 and 8. Without further stall(since I could ramble about my FE10 run all day), here is my team:

The Posse:
(can't seem to put in sprites. Please put in front Platinum sprites)

Also, my EV sheet goes HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe

Kent/Magmortar(M)
Item: Choice scarf
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Modest
EVs: 0/0/4/252/0/252
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power(Ice)

Pent/Starmie(N)
Item: Lefties
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 160/0/92/0/0/252
-Surf
-Recover
-Rapid Spin
-Thunderbolt

Dorcas/Scizor(M)
Item: Choice band
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 240/252/16/0/0/0
-U-turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Oswin/Hippowdon(M)
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252/0/168/0/88/0
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Slack Off
-Stone Edge

Serra/Blissey(F)
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
EVs: 148/0/252/56/52/0
-Seismic Toss
-Ice Beam
-Softboiled
-Thunder Wave

Cormag/Salamence(M)
Item: Life orb
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Naughty
EVs: 0/252/0/80/0/176
-Dragon Claw
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast

Team Overview:

This is a standard OU team used for ladder matches, which was constructed and meditated on for several hours by none other than myself.

Magmortar(Kent) is my lead, and his job is to eliminate other leads with his superior speed(backed up by the scarf). He cleanly 2HKO's most suicides leads regardless of whether or not they have a sash, and can harm some of the bulkier leads. Fire Blast is for the usual STAB, Thunderbolt hits Aero and most Water type leads, Focus Blast hits TTar, and HP Ice is for non-scarfed dragons.

Starmie(Pent) is my check to most DD Gyarados as well as my spinner. SR is a problem for this team because I have two rock weaks, one already having LO and both taking sand damage. He can also dent spin blockers somewhat. You know what Surf does. Thunderbolt is for Gyarados(OHKO after SR) as well as any other bulky water stupid enough to switch into Pent. I'd use Ice Beam, but Salamence KO's me regardless of his moveset and Chomp's uber. Recover is obviously to heal.

Scizor(Dorcas) is a power hitter as well as my revenge killer. With 394 Atk + CB, he hits extremely hard with his STAB'd Tech boosted Bullet Punch, which allows me to go first unless they decide to use priority as well. U-turn allows me to scout for his counters, usually things like Zone and Tran, and Superpower lets me KO those two on the switch. As an added bonus, Dorcas can use Pursuit to smite fleeing Ghosts/Blissies and hits them hard even if they stay in thanks to Technician.

Hippowdon(Oswin) is my physical tank. The EV's I put into him allow him to survive shit like CB Mence's Outrage and +2 Luke's Close Combat and recover the damage with Slack Off. He also lays up my Stealth Rock, which is vital to this team. Earthquake is obvious why I put it on him, and Stone Edge hits Mence, though I really should be using Ice Fang, though SE hits Gyara, as well.

Blissey(Serra) is my special tank. This team has problems with things like Specsmence, and Blissey addresses those problems for the most part. Ice Beam can wound Salamence and kill it if it switched into SR. Seismic Toss is my main attack and deals 100 DMG regardless of defenses. She also spreads paralysis around and can support Dorcas by paralyzing a fast sweeper, allowing Scizor to come in and kill it. Softboiled is Serra's answer to Slack Off.

Salamence(Cormag) is my sweeper and who I bring out after his counters are dead. After 1 Dragon Dance, he is a force to be reckoned with; after 2, he will kill shit and will almost never die. Dragon Claw was chosen over Outrage since if I get caught in an Outrage and a Weavile or Mamo come in after I kill something, my sweep ends and I lose my Mence. Earthquake rounds the set by hitting the Steel types who are expecting to get Outraged, and Fire Blast hits Skarm for a OHKO and Sassy Bronzong for a 2HKO.

Where I got the names:
Kent: Mortar is a Scarf lead, and Kent was the fast cavalier in Blazing Sword.
Pent: Starmie brings spinning utility to the table; same as Pent the sage brought his A staves.
Dorcas: Like Dorcas the, Scizor is very strong, but slow.
Oswin: Hippo has ridiculous physical durability, just like Oswin the knight from FE7.
Serra: Serra was the best mage tank in FE7; Bliss is the best special tank in Pokemon.
Cormag: Salamence hits hard and fast, just like Cormag the dracoknight.

I'll put in the threat list when I feel like it.

Nuff said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)