Games that don't cause motion sickness?

Video games and I have a love-hate relationship. I love playing them (or watching my friends play them), but often at the expense of my bowel's comfort. I get motion sickness from the vast majority of games out there- basically any game where the camera view moves around and jumping around is involved. And don't even get me started on FPS.

So, smogon, I'm looking for video game recommendations, ones that I can actually play without getting sick.

Consoles I own: N64, Gamecube, GBA, DS, and Wii. Obviously, I also own a computer, but before you all start telling me to just download emulators for SNES games... I'd really rather not junk up my computer as I use it mainly for school work and art (which takes up a ton of space).

Examples of games that DON'T make me sick: fighters, sidescrollers, games with 2D graphics (obviously), and any game where the camera maintains an overhead or near-overhead view (like most RTS games and the Pokemon games for Gamecube). Oh, and for the record, Mario Kart and Animal Crossing don't make me sick for some reason.

Games that have made me sick: Any 3D Legend of Zelda (you have no idea how upset I am about this), Mirror's Edge (I'm not sure what I was thinking when I thought it would be a good idea to watch my boyfriend play this... my stomach lasted for about 5 minutes), Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Fable 1 and 2, Okami, etc.

Games that I particularly enjoyed: Pretty much anything Pokemon, Warcraft III, Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Soul Calibur, Castle Crashers, and Guitar Hero. (Note: I'm not really a puzzle game person.)

Thanks for any suggestions. :)

Earthbound has a pretty slow movement I suppose! It is a game that influenced and is related to Pokémon, so you should enjoy it too as long as it does not make you sick (of course, you may have already played it).

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Animal Crossing probably didn't give you motion sickness because it has a 3D Isometric camera that doesn't move too much. Mark Kart doesn't move too much either. I'm thinking anything where the camera doesn't rotate too much is fine. You might want to get into some RPGs on your DS.

Try Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Adventure game) for an experience that you haven't really had yet. Has no chance of giving you motion sickness!

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Seeing how you liked Dawn of Sorrow, Order of Ecclesia is regarded by many fans to be the best of the DS Castlevanias.

Also do look into the Megaman Battle Network games! Personally, 1-3 are the best entries, but if you end up really liking them go for them all! Even the GC game has its own charm, combining Classic Megaman play with the Battle Network formula.

Seeing how you liked Dawn of Sorrow, Order of Ecclesia is regarded by many fans to be the best of the DS Castlevanias.

Also do look into the Megaman Battle Network games! Personally, 1-3 are the best entries, but if you end up really liking them go for them all! Even the GC game has its own charm, combining Classic Megaman play with the Battle Network formula.
My boyfriend has OoE and he really liked it. I borrowed it for a while, but it was just too hard for me. It seemed a lot harder than DoS, to me, anyway.

I forgot to ask: Has anyone played Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 (the Wii versions)? I watched one of my boyfriend's roommates playing the first one for the 360, and I think my stomach could deal with it. However, I can't decide if I want 1 or 2... the review I've read seem to lean toward 1, though.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Man I get massive motion sickness as well, but basically it only comes from games where you have a first person view. I mean, this may not be the same for you, but any isometric view is fine (like GTA for instance).

Portal is the worst game possible for people with motion sickness, never try to play that.

Have a nice day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)