Articuno-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Future Sight
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Recover

While its Kantonian counterpart may dwell in ZU, Galarian Articuno is a threat to behold in PU. Future Sight over a proper Psychic move such as Freezing Glare may seem strange on an offensive Pokemon, but Galarian Articuno is able to abuse it with the amount of switches it forces, making it fearsome for more offensive teams to handle. Additionally, with its Psychic/Flying typing and access to Recover, Galarian Articuno is a fantastic switch-in to the numerous Fighting-types in PU. As Galarian Articuno struggles with Steel- & Rock-types, Fighting-types such as Passimian and Scrafty make for good partners. Furthermore, Pokemon that can provide defensive support for Galarian Articuno, like Whimsicott & Lanturn, are also recommended.

739 characters with spaces
608 characters without spaces

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry we sorta had to discuss this a bit because it's got some serious problems. I'm generally of the opinion that reassigning small fixable things like this isn't ideal so I want to give iceblazer the chance to tackle this again unless it's on a very tight deadline. This really needs rewriting though. First of all, this is small but I don't like the opening since Articuno is generally underrated in PU and pretty alright, although obviously not as good as this form. Given a lot of the intro is taken up mentioning that and how it's surprising you use Future Sight without a regular Psychic-type move, I think reclaiming some of the character count would be nice. Anyway, Galarian Articuno is a dreadful Fighting-type switch-in, it can pivot into predicted Fighting-type moves but literally every good Fighting-type is threatening to hit it with Knock Off or Triple Axel. That's a big information issue. Everything else here is defensive support which, frankly, is not what you'd want to talk about when referring to this mon. The support it needs isn't surprising or interesting or unusual in any way, it's all very basic stuff. What would be way more interesting is actually talking about offensive support, how to best abuse Future Sight, and maybe a brief mention of its other good sets because it has a lot although I don't know if you're meant to do that in these spotlights.
Anyway that's a lot of words to say if you could try rewriting this and then I'll give it another look that'd probably be ideal iceblazer.

Sorry we sorta had to discuss this a bit because it's got some serious problems. I'm generally of the opinion that reassigning small fixable things like this isn't ideal so I want to give iceblazer the chance to tackle this again unless it's on a very tight deadline. This really needs rewriting though. First of all, this is small but I don't like the opening since Articuno is generally underrated in PU and pretty alright, although obviously not as good as this form. Given a lot of the intro is taken up mentioning that and how it's surprising you use Future Sight without a regular Psychic-type move, I think reclaiming some of the character count would be nice. Anyway, Galarian Articuno is a dreadful Fighting-type switch-in, it can pivot into predicted Fighting-type moves but literally every good Fighting-type is threatening to hit it with Knock Off or Triple Axel. That's a big information issue. Everything else here is defensive support which, frankly, is not what you'd want to talk about when referring to this mon. The support it needs isn't surprising or interesting or unusual in any way, it's all very basic stuff. What would be way more interesting is actually talking about offensive support, how to best abuse Future Sight, and maybe a brief mention of its other good sets because it has a lot although I don't know if you're meant to do that in these spotlights.
Anyway that's a lot of words to say if you could try rewriting this and then I'll give it another look that'd probably be ideal iceblazer.
Look, I’m sorry I fucked this up. It would probably be for the best if someone else took this, k?

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah that seems fair too. I will ask a mod to get this back up for reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)