FW: LSD (F@#$ Work: Let's Sell Drugs) :]

FW:LSD F$%! Work: Let's Sell Drugs

Okay. I gave it some time, and no one found a reason to rate my team. Some revisions were made, along with the error that this isn't a Dream World team anymore. I'm sorry for putting that in the Title, if a mod can tell me how to fix that we'll be gold. As for the team:

This is a team that has gone through many changes. The only two remaining members being Slowbro and Amonguss. The origional aim was to create a weatherless team that could take on any physical threat in the OU metagame. I hate Scizor, Terrakion, Landorus, Thunderous, Gengar, and Latios. I want an answer to all of these pokemon. I found out over time and through battling that this is a metagame of conformation. Weatherless is a bold approach, but alas falls short when it comes to pracicality. I chose sand over the other options. Tyranitar, being the slower of the weather users generally gets his way. That, and slowbro can lead against Ninetales, and Amonguss can lead against Politoed. This team can work just fine without weather. The sand just helps to wear down and narrow my threats to, well, other sand teams. This is where the real fight begins. The pennicale of my team, Gyrados, is my primary answer to sand teams. He is supported by the only other sweeper on this team; Gliscor. Gliscor prays for Rock Polish, which enables him to sweep the major threats to this team.

The name follows two schools of thought. The aim of our generation (i'm 21) is to do a little work as possible, with high gains. The trippiness of my team (LSD), is that we heal through switching. I hate prediction, so I'll just switch to my bulky pokemon to soak up whatever you have to offer. Thus, Fuck work, let's sell drugs.

I've made several revisions to my last team. This team is intended to stall you out, while keeping an open eye for a gyarados sweep. The only things standing in the way of that are the common steel types, dragons, and potentially bulky grass type pokemon. I've got to come up with a way to take these threats off the battlefield, while also having answers for commonly overpowered pokemon that people like to slap on teams just to nab quick, easy kills. We're talking Terrakions, Scizors, Latios's, Gengars.

Enough talk, here's the team.

Tyranitar/Slowbro/Amonguss/Starmie/Gyarados/Gliscor

FW:LSD
FUCK WORK: LETS SELL DRUGS

The Opening Act : Tyranitar

The Opening Act (Tyranitar) (F) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 164 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

My Tyranitar sets the stage for the killing game. Approporately named Opening Act, the first few turns of a battle can often set the stage for how it will play out. Offering versitility over raw power, this Tyranitar is played expecting switches into Ferrothorns and Gliscors. His defensive Ev spread allows for unnwarrented defensive prowess against the random focus blast, allowing for enough physical attack power to eat fast sweepers alive. Surviving a Gengars focus blast means you kill said Gengar. Or Tornadus, or Thundurous. Pick your poison. Most often people switch into their Terrakion, expecting a forced switch out thinking they'll grab a Rock Polish or Swords Dance. I meet their Terrakion with Superpower, everytime. Tyranitar also picks off Latios's hoping to mess with my Slowbro Amonguss core.

ACT III: The Conflict

Act III (The Conflict) (Slowbro) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 64 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off
- Scald

Tyranitar practically begs for Scizors and Terrakions to switch in and cause a mess. Even Skarmory sees oppertunity to set up on the Sand Giant. This is where Slowbro comes in. Slowbros' typing allows for a safety net against said threats. Bullet Punches, and Close Combats can be bounced around (literally, because switching = healing for the two) between Amonguss and Slowbro. Sweepers holding Life Orbs are quickly worn down. If they're not holding Life Orbs, I'll go for the offensive here. Slowbro can generally spam Scald to wein most threats away. The EV spread leans toward soaking up physical attacks. I have another outlet for special attacks. Call me stupid for using Toxic AND Slack off, but I find the healing nessicary. I generally fall into a double Toxic situation, where my own Slowbro gets poisoned while poisoning an opponients wall. Between Slack Off and Regenerator, being fatally poisoned doesn't even bother the Shell Pokemon. Scald for Terrakion, Ice Beam for Dragons.

Act II: The Switch

Act II (The Switch) (Amoonguss) (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 28 SAtk / 64 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Clear Smog

Slowbro is hassled by a number of pokemon. Anything threatening to Slowbro, Amonguss can handle. It's elementary that the two be placed together. The exquisite ability to recover Hit Points by switching is not to be taken lightly. A common strategy is to Spore, then Stun Spore on the switch. Team Preview ruins Xatu/Espeon switches, and often leads to fun switching games between the Magic Bounce user and Tyranitar. I opt out for Hidden Power Ice to deal with powerful dragon switch ins (since they carry Flamethrowers/Fire Fangs). Clear Smog comes in handy for Dragonites/Gyarados switch-ins looking to stat-up and sweep. Amonguss often causes Fire based switch-ins. This is where the next member of the team falls into play.

ACT V: Fin

Act V (Fin) (Gyarados) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Substitute

Gyarados is my main sweeper. Anytime I see an oppertunity to bring him in, I do. The ultimate goal is to force a switch, and set up a sub. From there one Dragon Dance gives you the assurance of at least one solid KO. Adamant nature is chosen to offer more sweeping potential from the get-go. I have MANY battles owed to this monster. With a sub, and a dragon dance under its' belt Gyarados is only really put down by Bulky Dragonites and Faster Jolteons. These pokemon cause the switch to the next key pokemon in this strange defensive, offensive team which I have compiled.

Act IIII (The Climax) (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Ice Fang

Gliscor takes in the myraid of attacks aimed at Gyarados. Brought in on the correct pokemon, Gliscor can grab a Rock Polish, and proceed to take on the opponients which once outspeed and could kill him. Landorus's, Dragonites, and Terrakions fall victim to the dual boost strategy I employ on this team. The EV spread is simply to back up whichever boost I choose. If I can only nab a Rock Polish, at least I have the Attack investment to properly use it. If luck befalls upon a Swords Dance, I know I can knock out other Gliscors, as most have invested their Effort points into Defence.. This Gliscor is completely walled by Skarmory, which is why the next choice of Pokemon is so important.

Intermission (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 92 HP / 164 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Starmie is my Rapid Spinner. I choose Hidden Power Fire to patch up the Skarmory weakness. This may have not been my smartest move, but I cannot think of any other way to patch that up. I see Landorus's and Dragon type pokemon as the largest threats to this team, so Ice Beam is a must. The Ev's are chosen to outspeed said threats. A modest nature to ensure kills, though that is up for change. I can be honest when I say I don't know what to do with Starmie. I needed a rapid spinner, that could kill Landorus. I really do see him, Gliscor, and Dragons as the large threats to this team since it lacks a Steel type pokemon. Lacking a steel type pokemon also makes me "weak" to Steel type pokemon. This is why I chose Hidden Powe Fire. Claydol gets knocked out too easily, Sandslash means I'm even more Ice weak, (cloyster anyone?), and, well. I don't know. Tentacruel seems a little too slow, and on a sand team? Like I said, my team is very Skarmory weak. It is also weak to the "phazing" strategy. My Regenerator core can't take a constant Spike/Stealth Rock barrage. What we do is soak up attacks, until we find a way to bring one of my two sweepers in. If my Rapid Spinner can also be one of those sweepers, that could be an amazing strategy. I just can't figure out who to put here, or how to fix Starmie to effectively and utterly neuter Landorus's/Skarmory's/Dragonites. I think my EV spread is flawed here.

Pokemon is about switching, and overlapping your weaknesses. Having places to siphon overpowered attacks is a must. This team is my attempt at an answer for the myraid of offensive threats that currently loom over the OU Metagame. I feel that with revision, redirection, and recomposition that this team could be a dominant force in our current Metagame. Please give this team a try, and give it harsh critique. I've been Team Building for a while now, and it's really hard to keep up with everything. There is someone out there who could perfect this team and make it top-notch. If you read this, thank you for your time.

Here's an Exportable, sorry for not being able to make it fancy. :[
Also, I know my threat list. I would write one up but I don't have much time with the internet.
If some of my pictures did not post I apologize.

Tyranitar (F) @ Chople Berry Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 164 SDef
- Pursuit
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 64 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off
- Scald

Amoonguss (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 28 SAtk / 64 SDef
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Clear Smog

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 92 HP / 164 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Substitute

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Ice Fang

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey, this is a pretty cool team and I really like the artwork, especially the Gyarados one.

But onto the team, I can immediately recognize to moveset revisions. I suggest changing Tyranitar to a Specially Defensive variant. Changing the EV spread to 252 HP / 32 Atk / 64 SAtk / 160 SDef Brave @ Chople Berry Crunch / Stealth Rock / Fire Blast / Pursuit allows you to have a Reuniclus and Lati twins counter and Stealth Rock on the field at the same time. I also suggest running an entirely different Starmie set. You lack a STAB and you also have trouble keeping high in health with Life Orb and sand. I feel you should change to a set of 248 HP / 44 Def / 4 SAtk / 216 Spe Timid @ Leftovers Scald / Psyshock / Recover / Rapid Spin. Not only can you easily handle Skarmory, but you also can spin away hazards and take on Tentacruel and OHKO Gengar with ease. You also outspeed the important base line of 110. I also suggest trying Psychic over Ice Beam. You can take on Conkelldurr and Terrakion with ease now. I obviously realize the Ferrothorn and Skarmory weakness, so I suggest trying Flamethrower over Toxic on Slowbro to handle all these threats. I suggest adjusting the spread to a more simple but effective one of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk to maximize it's defensive abilities. I want you to adjust the Substitue Gyarados spread to one of 48 HP / 248 Atk / 212 Spe which overall is just a better one. It provides enough bulk and speed to outspeed up to Tornadus - T, while providing some additional bulk. I also really suggest adding Giga Drain over Stun Spore, as this way you can now handle Rotom-W.

One of the biggest problems with the team is the lack of a dragon resistance, meaning aside from Tyranitar and Slowbro, you can't really defend yourself from the powerful dragon types of the tier. Gliscor seems like the weakest link here, especially with Slowbro to take care of the strong fighting and ground types such. I suggest instead trying out Specially Defensive Heatran over this spot. It forms a very solid core along with Slowbro and Amoonguss, which means it can directly take on the various newly introduced threats of the metagame.

Heatran @ Leftovers | Flash Fire
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar
- Protect

Difficulties Found:

Hello Scene Kid you have a really nice team here, your team suffers a lot against teams of rain Keldeo, Tornadus-T and Thundurus-T will cause big headache, Keldeo can be held up by Amoonguss if you no longer have to fight over is really hard enters Hydro Pump, Surf even more when it comes to a version Choice Specs, Thundurus-T can not seem but can do great damage on your team has a Set Nasty Plot Thunder, Focus Blast, Hidden Power Ice which can Super Effective hit throughout his team's OHKO after 1 Nasty Plot against his only answer to this is that Starmie is faster it can get to give Revenger Kill it with Ice Beam, Tornadus-T this is without doubt the most annoying face to the team of which I quoted, Hurricane with the push of a Choice Specs or Life Orb OHKO can give everything in your team at least with all this and Tyranitar defeated by a Focus Blast, Superpower,Latios is also a big threat with Draco Meteor he can bring your entire team a moveset with Life Orb can switch between blows all the time is a Choice Specs every time you enter a Pokemon will take on his OHKO may leave and return to continue killing,

Tips To Deal With Them:

I suggest you change your Tyranitar Tyranitar for a SpD:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDEF / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Your current Tyranitar does not seem to work very well because his team can not make a good protection for your team with Tyranitar Moveset this becomes a good response against T-Tornadus now that you have a more secure exchange and necessary only in Hurricane beware Superpower with everything they only carry it in a Moveset Life Orb, Choice Specs Tornadus-T and totally destroyed by this big dinosaur still has a great facility to configure Stealth Rock which can help a lot because it helps in their great weakness also the Thundurus-T will not be able to enter at all times other than his brother because he does not have the Regenerator that causes 25% damage he suffers are actually very harmful to it he will not be able to get going at all times, is also a great answer to your problem against Latios since it can get into your Draco Meteor because of its great SpD that is heightened thanks to Sandstorm able to catch him with a Pursuit and killing him just once.

I do not understand this Moveset his Gliscor, since you want the Gliscor is an attacker to change it to an Acrobat Moveset.

Gliscor @ Flying Gem
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics

Acrobat Gliscor can make great use of the climate that Tyranitar places where he can configure Substitute Sword Dance and a miss that the opponent may have since the chances of this happening increase because of Sand Veil, he after a Sword Dance can give OHKO everything with Acrobatics and Earthquake that have a very good coverage that can hit Normal or Super Effective against almost everything with the exception of metagame Skarmory.

I can not understand the function of the team Gyarados it seems a Pokemon without function, how about changing it for a Magnezone:

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

You commented that Skarmory is a big problem for the team, Magnezone solves this problem because it can catch the last of the metal still Gliscor help much since the game takes its main counter so that you can enter with him into a late game or Mind Game or win the fight or do great damage to the opponent team win using another team member.

I hope I helped and Good Luck With Your Team!

Hey cool team man. First of all, I see Volt Turn being a big problem. The fact that only one of your Pokemon resists any one of Rotom-W's STABs is unreliable. I suggest changing your Gyarados for a Calm Mind Latias. Latias's bulk and that it resists both of Rotom-W's STABs makes it a great addition to your team. A moveset consisting of Calm Mind / Dragon Pulse / Hidden Power [Fire] / Recover should do the job, along with an EV Spread of 152 HP / 74 Defense / 152 Special Attack / 128 Speed, a Bold Nature, and Leftovers of course. The given EVs allows Latias to survive a +2 Lucario's Extremespeed and KO Lucario with Hidden Power Fire after some residual damage. Latias is also able to OHKO Scizor with Hidden Power Fire after Stealth Rock damage. Even without the help of rocks though, it has a 93.75% chance to OHKO Scizor. The EV Spread also allows Latias to outspeed both unboosted, max speed Gyarados and Dragonite. The rest are there to provide bulk. Next, for Amoonguss I recommend changing the EV Spread to 252 HP / 4 Defense / 252 Special Defense with a Calm Nature for the best defensive capabilities on the special end. This especially helps Amoonguss sponge Rotom-W's attacks easier as it only takes 24.3 - 28.47% from a Choice Scarfed Rotom-W's Hydro Pump under the Rain. Also, using a moveset of Giga Drain / Spore / Clear Smog / Hidden Power [Ice] allows you to fight Rain teams off better with the use of Giga Drain, while still defeating Gyarados and Dragonite who try to boost with Clear Smog. Hidden Power Ice remains the same as well, letting you take down Dragon-types. My final suggestion is to change Hidden Power [Fire] on Starmie to Thunderbolt. Not only does Thunderbolt hit harder than HP Fire, but if you take PDC's suggestion of adding Heatran to the team, then you won't be weak to steels anyway. Thunderbolt also helps you 2HKO Jellicent who come in and try to spin block. Hope I helped and good luck with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)