For the Cow

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team was created in conjunction with a friend (Nickname Moo Cow) under a few conditions, both his, and for the tourney he's entering.

His requirements:

~ Include Shedinja

~ No Breloom​

The Tournament's (Applicable to team building):

~ No Legendarys (Heatran Included) or Wobbeffet​

~ No two of the same item​

~ No moves to heighten evasiveness or lower accuracy.​

At A Glance

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd

Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Stone Edge

- Crunch

- Taunt

- Stealth Rock​

Reason: Speed, power, and taunt make Aerodactyl one of the best possible leads for this team, preventing rocks and killing off the potential setup pokemon. In addition setting up Stealth Rocks himself rids the team of pesky Focus Sash users. I picked Stone edge to combat fellow Aerodactyls and Crunch for Azelfs.​

Arcanine @ Choice Band

Ability: Flash Fire

EVs: 104 Atk/252 Spd/154 SAtk

Rash nature (+SAtk, -SDef)

- Extremespeed

- Overheat

- Flare Blitz

- Thunder Fang​

Reason: Flash Fire earned Arcanine a position on the team covering for Heatran while acting as a nice threat to Gyarados. Thunder Fang does a number on Gyarados switchins. Extremespeed is for taking down faster weakened pokemon (Azelf, Weavile, etc.)​

Shedinja @ Focus Sash

Ability: Wonder Guard

EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Swords Dance

- X-Scissor

- Shadow Sneak

- Protect​

Reason: The center fold of the team, Shedinja's moveset is nothing special but effective as a late game sweeper none the less. Swords Dance to boost Shedinja to +6, Protect is for scouting, Shadow Sneak to take out faster threats, perfect for ridding myself of Gengar, and X-Scissor for coverage.​

Gallade @ Leftovers

Ability: Steadfast

EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Substitute

- Shadow Sneak

- Hypnosis

- Focus Punch​

Reason: I had Breloom in before, and found that his role on the team was very beneficial. Unforunately my friend has decided that Breloom is "lame" and "stupid looking" so I tried replacing him with Gallade. I've yet to test the replacement but it looks somewhat promising, not being completely walled by ghosts and all.​

Starmie @ Wacan Berry

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 104 HP/252 Spd/154 SAtk

Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Hydro Pump

- Thunderbolt

- Recover

- Rapid Spin​

Reason: In the event that Entry Hazards are set up, despite Aerodactyl, I needed a Spinner to eliminate Stealth Rock and Spikes. Starmie also attacks as a couter to Skarmory. I chose Hydro Pump over surf in order to make up for the lack of SpAtk investment.​

Snorlax @ Lum Berry

Ability: Immunity

EVs: 104 HP/154 Atk/252 SDef

Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Curse

- Rest

- Fire Punch

- Return​

Reason: The Blob. A requested pokemon for the team, but it's place is well deserved. Curselax acts as a wonderful blissey counter, taking next to nothing from her attacks and being immune to Toxic. Fire Punch takes down Skamory and keeps Snorlax from being walled by ghosts.​

Threats List: (coming soon)​

Ending Remarks: The major downfall of this team is Wheather. Tyranitar quickly puts a damper on the star of this team and I have no real way to get rid of it. Starmie also tends to die before being much help. Gengar tends to be quite the thorn in my side as well, though I am hoping with the addition of Gallade this will be less of an issue, acting as a lure and KOing it with Shadow Sneak. I'm also pretty terrible with EVs so I just picked in general what I thought would help the pokemon most, and pointers are much appreciated.​

Note: Moo Cow (the person who this team was made for) only has access to Pokemon Platinum so please refrain from requesting any movesets only obtainable through other games. Also Hidden Power aren't really an option, as he has not prior experience with IV breeding.​

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your descriptions aren't very detailed...next time try to add a little more substance to your RMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)