SS UU FL!P that

introduction

soooo.. double dragon imho is one of the most rewarding playstyles.. big predictions.. big swings.. bigger numbers. i havent rlly played since like ORAS OU and i think OU has might have progressed passed some of these ancient paradigms, but it's a bunch of fun in uu. i havent been able to peak as high as before, but this current build can at least get you into the 1500s so that's something. think of this as a proof of concept rather than a big ol' finished product.
ok so the thought process behind team building has always been the same for me. start off with a pair of game-warping physical sweepers that can wear down each other's checks and counters. because of the high speed tier in this format, i don't think you can build something without your centerpiece having priority.

ok so my first building block in this format was obviously azu. during the first round of construction, i initially paired azu with mamoswine, but that mf too slow and can't clean efficiently enough w/o a dance move. so from here i had to rlly think hard. bd azu obv rlly struggles with fast mons that resist aqua jet.. these being like my mans mence, 200+ speed scizor, and that mf tapu-bulu. so i think instead of like trying too hard to pair azu with another elite complimentary "dragon," u should just pair that mf with another certified tm beast crawdaunt.

crawdaunt smacks the heck out of resists, but u can sack this mf easily. always trade up. 1 for 1 with advantage is elite.

so the glue mons are rlly cool. scarf thundurus outspeeds like the whole format, just keep rocks at bay. yah also this team doesn't run rocks, i dont think it makes any meaningful difference calc wise, but u can slap it on metagross if ur mom wont let u leave the house without rocks. moltres checks the dudes that threaten the water guys, just beware the scarf bulu stone edge and ur cool.

the last two dudes are the team's namesake. rotom-w and metagross are wild. go ahead and trick them mf scarfs everywhere. rlly turns unwinnable situations into freebies. metagross over rachi just cause of BP tbh

pokepaste:
https://pokepast.es/3d464fa0866c9e79
ladder proof: https://imgur.com/GiWB5Ul

tumblr_0fac54629d595dcea3ba3037e462d6cb_4214f7dd_500.jpg
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off​
bd azu warps every game it's in so go into the game knowing its ur like #1 option and play like it is. also dont bd if u dont have to lol.. if it's looking like you are being c-teamed, go ahead and risk the 80% chance of losing to powerwhip and let it rip. people will punt overpredicting.. again u gotaa wear down shit like the big grasses before setting up. ur speed tier lets u outspeed a lot of fatties.

tumblr_028ded0897b039c0f24c8a25b205537d_84bc7849_400.png
Crawdaunt @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet​
this azu isn't the cutest, but it gets the job done. tbh i don't know if adamant is the right choice.. u can metagame to outspeed scizors. again with a team like this team preview is very important. always risk it for the biscuit your opponents often times don't respect u

tumblr_f16e9c21d73a5c11e354a4d50951be56_ce71160c_400.png
Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Knock Off
- Psychic
- Focus Blast​
this is the biggest insurance policy in the tier.. clear rocks and let him go to work. nothing outspeeds you. if you lose your 80/20 to dd powerwhip gyarados this guy saves the day. you outspeed that dumb powerherb skarmory looklike after it autos.. i think
tumblr_c1d5bb2ae340b1bad4d6c7d9c03f9f2e_854d7e43_1280.jpg
Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mystical Fire
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost​
BIG BIG BIG fan of this guy. perfect to partner with both azus just dont throw it all way to scarfed bulu stone edge and you are gucci. mystical fire allows you to set up with the azus if ur opponents are braindead and dont respect the sac. this is like the only defensive mon on the team so don't pull the trigger unless u see the path

tumblr_6f097ecfedce2f3199b1df23c72f487c_f43d58ee_2048.png
Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Trick​

ok so onto the namesakes. these guys raise the roof! fl!p that scarf onto the most obnoxious stuff. you can enable a lot of bd and sd sweeps that arent normally there. this is the standard rotom spread. the biggest tip i would give is to keep on tricking.. take eviolites and give em to hydreigons and stuff.

tumblr_a69cd8c068a037d1dbeffdca5be00c30_5f9b6a11_400.jpg
Metagross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Trick​

just like rotom go ahead and give way to the loona merch. anything for the all kill. this guys is better than rachi because of bullet punch, but kind of worse in every other way. make sure u calc ur stuff becuase bp isn't very strong. this guy is ur check to that damn scarf bulu. like i said u can slap rocks on this guy i just personally am rocks-phobic.

ty for coming hope u enjoyed. stay safe. love and peace on planet earth.

Last edited:

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Hey 2soondere!!! I'm going to rate this team a little differently than I do others. There are a lot of things to fix here so as opposed to fixing them and then making a final team version, I am just going to point out some building errors and request that you come back with a team that's more standard so that I can then rate that and give a final version.

So first off, your Azumarill set is both standard and viable. You're perfectly fine to use that set, preferably on a full hyper offense which has a chosen lead hazard setter. The issues fall with the next 5 Pokemon. Crawdaunts viability in UU hangs on a threat, and it's really only viable set is Choice Band. It's also not good to stack 2 offensive waters with 0 defensive utility like Azumarill and Crawdaunt on a team. If you want to use SD Crawdaunt, I'd suggest building your whole team around that and using a better item such as Life Orb or maybe Focus Sash.

Next, Thundurus-Therian should always run Heavy Duty Boots, 100% of the time, without a doubt. It isn't a viable Choice Scarf user because it takes 25% from Stealth Rock vs Hydreigon, Diggersby, Rotom-Wash, Jirachi, and other Scarf users who either resist or take neutral damage. The Moltres set is completely fine, but similarly to the Crawdaunt, it doesn't really fit on this team if you're going the offensive route. You are using a standard Scarf Rotom Wash set except since Moltres is already Defog, you don't want another Defog user. Unless you're using stall, you only need one hazard remover. Change Defog to either Trick or Willow Wisp.

Lastly, Scarf Metagross isn't viable in UU and neither is any Metagross set frankly. Replace Metagross with any other Steel-type. Scizor, Cobalion, Celesteela, Skarmory, Excadrill are all very good in this metagame. Your team also doesn't have any Stealth Rock setter. Every team in competitive Pokemon needs a Stealth Rock setter, no matter what!

I hope all of this makes sense. I very strongly encourage you to check out the UU Subforums resources, which I will link below! These will be very helpful for you to make another UU team. I also suggest that you use analysis sets. You can find these by typing: /analysis [Pokemon] on pokemon showdown. For example, /analysis Azumarill.

UU is an amazing tier so I'm really glad you started to play it. Continue to play and improve, and I hope I see you around the community!

Resources:
Viability Rankings - Tells you which Pokemon are good, and which aren't.
Sample Teams - Gives you up to date teams built by knowledgeable users in the community for you to get started and learn.
UU Snake Draft - This is the most recent UU tournament in where you can watch replays of the best SS UU players and learn a lot!

I hope this was all helpful, and I encourage you to post another RMT when you've learned more about the tier. Please feel free to ask me any and all questions you have :D

Hey 2soondere!!! I'm going to rate this team a little differently than I do others. There are a lot of things to fix here so as opposed to fixing them and then making a final team version, I am just going to point out some building errors and request that you come back with a team that's more standard so that I can then rate that and give a final version.
Why must a team be standard to be critiqued?

So first off, your Azumarill set is both standard and viable. You're perfectly fine to use that set, preferably on a full hyper offense which has a chosen lead hazard setter. The issues fall with the next 5 Pokemon. Crawdaunts viability in UU hangs on a threat, and it's really only viable set is Choice Band. It's also not good to stack 2 offensive waters with 0 defensive utility like Azumarill and Crawdaunt on a team. If you want to use SD Crawdaunt, I'd suggest building your whole team around that and using a better item such as Life Orb or maybe Focus Sash.
Life Orb was wack in testing.. it didn't meaningfully affect any rolls against of the defensive mons on the UU viability tierlist are there any rolls you feel would be meaningfully different? Now sash thats something I can get behind

Next, Thundurus-Therian should always run Heavy Duty Boots, 100% of the time, without a doubt. It isn't a viable Choice Scarf user because it takes 25% from Stealth Rock vs Hydreigon, Diggersby, Rotom-Wash, Jirachi, and other Scarf users who either resist or take neutral damage. The Moltres set is completely fine, but similarly to the Crawdaunt, it doesn't really fit on this team if you're going the offensive route. You are using a standard Scarf Rotom Wash set except since Moltres is already Defog, you don't want another Defog user. Unless you're using stall, you only need one hazard remover. Change Defog to either Trick or Willow Wisp.
I don't think having an "offensive team" limits my ability to have defensive pivots, especially when they can volturn out of bad match-ups especially when literally answers all of azu's checks and counters aside from maybe? salamence..

I understand the reluctance to choice scarfed flying types.. maybe i'm just weird.

Cobalion, Celesteela, Skarmory, Excadrill
Literally non of these mons do anything to Tapu-bulu/Tangrowth outside of maybe.. Celesteela? and in that circumstance I lose speed control and priority which is the reason for slapping them on.

Scizor is interesting, but a true threat to this position is the ulky waters. While metagross may seem initially non-remarkable, its ability to cover or cripple via trick everything in B+ in the viability rankings and above is something that cannot be understated.

I hope this was all helpful, and I encourage you to post another RMT when you've learned more about the tier. Please feel free to ask me any and all questions you have :D
When do you think I will have a more robust understanding of the tier. While I understand my GXE is slightly lower than my peers on the ladder, I think my ELO is high enough..

I think maybe it's just a little weird knowing other peers on like in smell smash city are receiving standard ratings with replays in sub 1200 lmaoo. Maybe my style isn't conventional, but I really don't enjoy the
platitudes and resource threads.

maybe i need to post higher quality replays..

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Could you make your font size bigger so it's easier to read, please! That would be very helpful!

You seem to have a good understanding of the game and mechanics which is great! But, your team is simply not viable. My goal in rating a team is to improve it without changing a lot. And with your team, I would have to change so much of it that I don't think it's worthwhile. I would rather you create a more standard team using conventional sets and cores that I can then edit in a way so the team stays similar to its original form.

A team may win on ladder, but that isn't a good measure for viability. When you get to tournaments, the opponents you face are much stronger and less forgiving. I encourage you to use the resources to find more viable sets and Pokemon choices for your team.

I didn't mean any offense at all! I'm just trying to help.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)