FirsTypes (Open for type change suggestions)

Approved by The Eevee General

The gen1 type chart was... interesting, to say the least.
What if we still had that type chart?

If you guessed with the above, FirsTypes is about reinstating that chart. If not, that's still what this meta does.

What about new types?
  • Dark type moves become ghost type
  • Steel type moves become rock type
  • Fairy type moves become normal type
's line becomes pure normal
's line becomes pure psychic
's line becomes normal/flying
's line becomes pure water
's line minus Gallade becomes pure psychic
becomes pure ghost
's line becomes pure grass
's line becomes pure poison
becomes pure normal
becomes pure electric
becomes pure rock
becomes pure ghost
becomes pure rock

's line becomes pure electric
becomes pure bug
becomes rock/ground
becomes bug/flying
becomes pure flying
becomes pure ghost
's line becomes pure rock
's line becomes electric/psychic
becomes pure electric
becomes pure psychic
becomes water/ice
's line becomes pure rock
becomes bug/poison
's line becomes water/psychic
becomes fighting/psychic
becomes rock/electric
becomes fire/rock
becomes pure ground
becomes pure bug
's line becomes grass/rock
's line becomes pure electric
's line becomes ghost/rock
becomes pure bug
becomes rock/fighting
's line becomes fighting/ghost
becomes pure ghost

becomes water/dragon
becomes pure poison
's line becomes fighting/flying
's line becomes pure ice
's line becomes ghost/fire
becomes ground/rock
becomes pure ghost
's line becomes pure water
becomes pure grass
becomes pure water
becomes pure psychic
's line becomes pure poison
becomes ghost/rock
becomes poison/bug
's line becomes pure ground
's line becomes dragon/fighting
's line becomes pure ghost
's line becomes ghost/rock
's line becomes pure flying
's line becomes pure dragon
becomes pure water
becomes pure fighting
's line becomes water/psychic

Dragons become better offensively than ever with perfect nuetral coverage and lose fairy weakness.

Poison type loses steel and replaces fairy with bug but loses fairy resistance and is weak to U-Turn.

All unreleased stuffs are usable

Banlist:
Standard banlist
Standard clauses apply
All psychic type pokemon under suspect

Last edited:

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Aggron, Escavalier, Scizor and basically anything that loses a quad weakness looks nice.
Though maybe not Scizor since it gets a huge weakness to SR back.
Scrafty definitely looks cool as well.

Also! Maybe make Lucario Fighting/Psychic?

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why is Alakazam banned. Sure it was strong in Generation 1, but not broken. Sure Psychic is a great typing now, but we got better abusers (Cough Latios Cough). Even if it should be banned, I think it deserves to be tested first at least.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Wait why is Zam auto-banned? It weaker here than it was in Gen 1, since it has deeper competition with shit like Lati@s, and there being Bug-type (not sure if we're keeping the Psychic being immune to Ghost bug) moves and pokemon that aren't completely garbage.

Please put these over the 3D animated sprites. OCD as fuck about this

Anyways, the Lati's are now the best Pokemon in the game. Unresistable Draco Meteor alongside a powerful Psychic STAB and great defensive typing is scary as hell. If any quick ban takes place, it should be them, not Alakazam.

Almost every single one of the retypings is a direct nerf. This is to be expected, just worth noting.

EV

Banned deucer.
Yeah Ghost gets shafted now that it has no effect against Psychic.

Also, Malamar only weak to Bug, which is only x1, and has 3 immunities. Would be no weaknesses but Bug was neutral against Ghost in gen 1 instead of NVE like it is now.

I'm gonna take Alakazam off the ban list and replace it with a suspect on every psychic.
Unless too many psychic pokemon get banned ghost type glitch doesn't count as a glitch.

I fail to see how mighteyena, Honchkrow, Mandibuzz, Malamar, and Absol are ghosts. Same case where some steel types are rock types. I think you should do what GF did in gen 1 when they made magneton pure electric rather than electric-rock or something like that.

I fail to see how mighteyena, Honchkrow, Mandibuzz, Malamar, and Absol are ghosts. Same case where some steel types are rock types. I think you should do what GF did in gen 1 when they made magneton pure electric rather than electric-rock or something like that.
Mag is pure electric.
Some of these are for the sake of not dropping them out of use whereas others are because no other type makes more sense. If you wanna suggest a different type for mons who got their type changed you can

Mag is pure electric.
Some of these are for the sake of not dropping them out of use whereas others are because no other type makes more sense. If you wanna suggest a different type for mons who got their type changed you can
Normal works fine for Honch, Mighteyena, Mandibuzz, Water makes since for Malamar, (as would Pure Psychic), and Psychic makes sense for Absol, (maybe Normal/Psychic).

Normal works fine for Honch, Mighteyena, Mandibuzz, Water makes since for Malamar, (as would Pure Psychic), and Psychic makes sense for Absol, (maybe Normal/Psychic).
One thing I forgot to mention was that you should provide some flavor when suggesting changes.
Mandibuzz is staying ghost flying since it carries bones(not marowak since he is not dark/steel/fairy)

One thing I forgot to mention was that you should provide some flavor when suggesting changes.
Mandibuzz is staying ghost flying since it carries bones(not marowak since he is not dark/steel/fairy)
Honch doesn't have any ghostly qualities or connection to death. Normal/Flying is a standard type for bird Pokemon.
Mighteyena also has not ghostly qualities and is a mammal, and mammals that don't have a standard elemental type, like Fire/Ice/Etc, are pure Normal.
Water works for Malamar because it's based on squids, and is in 2 of the 3 Water Egg Groups.
Psychic for Absol because it can see the future, and uses this ability to warn humans of disasters.
Umbreon should be Poison, because it's Pokedex entries talk about it's poisonous sweat.

Also Togekiss, Granbull and Azumaril should keep their pre gen 6 types.

Sharpedo should be Mono-Water (It doesn't even get dragon moves.)
More debatable, Mega-Gyarados should be water/flying. Game freak seems to have avoided dragon type Gyarados like the plague, it's nothing more than a fan fantasy anyways.

No Water/Ice Empoleon? Aw. And why isn't Togekiss Normal/Flying like it and Togetic were before?
Greninja seems pretty nice thanks to Protean Extrasensory, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam and stuffs. Could be pretty meta-dominating. Possibly.
Fighting type moves are pretty awful now, meaning an indirect buff to Normal and Ice types now, but we still have Chansey to deal with, so maybe not.
Besides Psychic moves, Freeze-Dry is probably the best move in the metagame now having perfect coverage aside from Ice types. There are still very few good users of it though, so that's unfortunate.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think that Cresslia will be very good in this Meta. She no longer has to deal with Ghost and Dark moves anymore and she has a crucial resistance to Psychic, which when combined with her awesome defenses, make her nigh impossible to take down.

Also, Deoxys D and Deoxys S are scarier than ever with Deoxys D only having one weakness and Deoxys-S having perfect coverage with Psycho Boost+Signal Beam

Last edited:
Most requested type changes have been made. Flying megados and normal Granbull aren't gonna happen unless you can provide flavor other than that's how it used to be or gya is flying

Both Normal and Fighting fit Granbull IMO. Even though it is supposedly timid, it has a bunch of fighting moves in its movepool like Close Combat, Bulk Up, Focus Punch and Superpower. However, it was normal first so I think it would be best as Normal/Fighting.

Azumarill should be Normal/Water. Many people suggested it on other forums before fairy types were announced.
This is because of the movepool Azumarill has, and the fact Azumarill was pure Normal.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Azumarill should be Normal/Water. Many people suggested it on other forums before fairy types were announced.
This is because of the movepool Azumarill has, and the fact Azumarill was pure Normal.
Azurill was pure Normal because of a design cock up and probably shouldn't be changed for her whole line. If GF didn't feel the need to change it then, I don't see why it should be a thing now.

Same thing for Granbull. He's a Normal-Type Pokémon ffs... It's a dog, which is a mammal (and the majority of Normal-Types are mammals) and his main weapon is his mouth. There isn't a single Fighting-Type attacks to do with biting -- Bite was Normal-Type in Generation 1, not Fighting. Furthermore: "If attacked, it flails about to fend off its attacker." This is the opposite of a Fighting-Type -- Fighting-Type Pokémon always uphold a strong posture and a powerful pride. Granbull just fits the Normal-Type more, both from a design, flavour and movepool standpoints.

While you can't really argue that Mega-Gyarados should be Flying-Type over Dragon-Type, I think that we all know it fits him better. Why Dragon-Type? Everything about his Pokédex entries screams "Dark-Type" to me, not Dragon. His design doesn't look particularly draconian, no more than regular Gyarados', anyway, and its Flying-Type has tighter ties to his design. The shape of his body, while serpent-like, is also very much the shape of a wind sock. I don't care if he has draconian features, because his very body SHAPE is that of a Flying-Type, and as such he should be changed to Flying-Type too.

Mawile's Rock-Typing is also poor. Ironically enough, the next type I would choose for it would be Dark-Type (the final removed one) but then it should 100% be ghost. Don't believe me? Here's why:
First of all, look at her Pokédex entry from Pokémon Ruby: "Its docile-looking face serves to lull its foe into letting down its guard. When the foe least expects it, Mawhile chomps it with its gaping jaws." This is very tricky and Ghost like. Think Litwick.
Second of all, she is based off of the Futakuchi-onna. This is a woman who was inflicted with a "supernatural disease" (Ghost = Supernatural) and turned into someone who never ate, just like a ghost would never eat. She let her stepchild die of starvation (In Pokémon, death = Ghost) and "the spirit of the neglected child lodges itself in the stepmother's or the surviving daughter's body".
Meanwhile, nothing in all of Mawile has ANYTHING to do with rocks lol.

Sylveon becoming pure Normal is also something I disagree with. Think about all of the type speculation in the lead up to X&Y! Bug and Poison were the two likeliest typings for Sylveon at the time, and as such I think we should have a vote or something on which of those two types Sylveon should be.

Aromatisse should be Poison-Type. Not only does it have a largely Purple colour scheme, it has the following Pokédex entry: "It devises various scents, pleasant and unpleasant, and emits scents that its enemies dislike in order to gain an edge in battle." Odours? Unpleasant ones at that? Immediately you think Poison. You know, something like Grimer or Muk; Koffing or Weezing. A Gloom or a Vileplume! She is certainly Poison-Type!

Metagross should just be pure Psychic-Type. Rock doesn't fit it. Until we get a supercomputer made out of Rock, or a robot made out of rock, it isn't good enough and doesn't fit the design.

Wormadam-Trash shouldn't become a Bug/Rock type. Her whole "thing" is that she picked up scraps around the city creating a Metal Coat for herself. As such, she should become Wormadam-Toxic; a Bug/Poison type. She had to pick up pollution to evolve with as she was in a city, and as such ended up being coated in it. Rock would make sense for a caved Wormadam, but Wormadam-Sand already does that (as a Ground-Type).

Bronzong should become either Water/Psychic, or pure Psychic. Water? What? Yeah, well I was surprised too, but I wanted to see if Bronzong's design had any ties to Rock. Like expected, it doesn't. However, Bronzong actually creates rain! It creates it by creating portals to otherworldly dimensions, but it represents a good harvest. It is also based off of Tlaloc through it's facial features, the aztec God of Water.

Ferrothorn should become a Pure Grass type. Once again, absolutely NO ties to Rock-Type. In fact, it goes through rock in it's appearances, which is the opposite of what a Rock-Type should do lol.

Klefki should become a Ghost-Type. This is only because it is half-based on "the superstition of carrying an iron charm to ward off fae mischief". It fits it better than Rock-Type. Once we get keychains, keyrings and keys based off of rocks Klefki can become a Rock-Type. Before then, Ghost-Type fits it best. There is also, of course, the theory that Klefki is a possessed keychain, which would immediately be Ghost-Type material.

Honchkrow should become a Fighting/Flying Type. Honchkrow is said to be brutal and one who loves a fight. It is reminiscent of a "crime boss", one who fights all the time and is also brutal by nature. Furthermore, in PokéPark 2: Wonders Beyond, Honchkrow was the leader of the Tech Area, before giving up his position to Conkeldurr. This is a brutal area with several Fighting-Type Pokémon (though mainly Dark/Ghost, which can't happen lol).

Why is Crawdaunt Bug-Type? Crustacean =/= Bug.

I will once again contest Mandibuzz's standing as a Ghost-Type. Bones have nothing to do with ghosts... I mean sure, they died, but Marowak isn't a Ghost-Type, and he is PURE Ground, so he really has no other type to contest with. If anything, Mandibuzz should be Ground/Flying, because Bone Rush, Marowak, Cubone and Bone Club are all Ground-Type too, and they are the only "bones" in the game. In Pokémon a bone = Ground-Type and we all know that Mandibuzz shouldn't have that, so IMO you should just let her be Pure Flying. If not then Normal/Flying is sufficient too.

Sorry if this just looks like I'm being really pednatic, but after I saw a few of them that I had to contest I felt the need to look through all of them to see which actually made sense. The more I paid attention to the list, the more I found bad typings, which is why this post was so long.

Neat idea for an OM though! ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)