First UU team!!! Yay.

Here we go, updated it. Check it.

Drapion - Jolly + Choice Band
Night Slash
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Pursuit
EVs - Hp 6, Atk 252, Spd 252

My lead, physical sweeper. Hits hard with these 4 moves - Night Slash for STAB (and benifits from Sniper), EQ for coverage, Ice Fang to nit all the Flying and Grass types and Pursuit to hit fleeing Grumpig etc. Only weakness is to Ground, and Altaria and Claydol sort that out nicely. His resistances also work well for my team.

Altaria - Adamant + Life Orb
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Roost
EVs - Hp 6, Atk 252, Spd 252

Physical sweeper. Hits hard after a DD. Again, I took the inspiration from Salamence, only it's DD instead of Specs this time. Outrage and EQ provide perfect coverage in UU (bar Shedinja). Roost is to heal up after a few DDs, before ripping stuff up with Outrage.

Sharpedo - Hasty + Life Orb
Surf
Hidden Power [Grass]
Crunch
Ice Beam
EVs - Atk 78, SpAtk 180, Spd 252

Meant to be a physical attacker, but I liked the mixed set and it's proved very useful. Surf is for general STAB, which hits really hard, HP Grass is a godsend, killing off Gastrodon and Quagsire before they move, Crunch hits Hypno and Grumpig, expecting an all special set and Ice Beam hits hard on all the Flying-types. These attacks really love the boost from Life Orb. I find though, that with Life Orb and Sharpedo's shoddy defences, he goes down really quick, but he gets the required damage done in time.

Toxicroak - Timid + Life Orb
Nasty Plot
Vacuum Wave
Hidden Power [Ice]
Shadow Ball
EVs - Hp 6, SpAtk 252, Spd 252

My set-up special sweeper. Sets up Nasty Plot (if he gets the chance) and sweeps. Often though, I find myself switching him in just to hit fast with Vacuum Wave. Even an unboosted VW does quite a lot. VW for STAB and Priority, HP Ice for coverage Vs Grass & Flying types, Shadow Ball for Grumpig and Hypno etc.

Claydol - Modest + Choice Scarf
Trick
Earth Power
Psychic
Ice Beam
EVs - Hp 34, SpAtk 252, Spd 224

Woo I love the amount of 'mon that got Trick in Pt. This guy does it great, outspeeding all but Swellow and Electrode in UU iirc. EP and Psychic are for STAB and for great coverage in UU. Together with Ice Beam they recieve perfect coverage. Went for Special rather than Physical, as Explosion is nice, but I already have 3 Physical attackers.

Lapras - Jolly + Leftovers
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Return
Ice Shard
EVs - Hp 42, Atk 252, Spd 216

The final 'mon in my team. Has only one resist (Ice) and one immune (water) but he fits with Claydol amazingly. DD up and sweep with Waterfall and Return, with Ice Shard for hitting Swellow etc.

Yay. So thats that. I've made a few changes, but I still think there's something missing.
Check it for me mateys.

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
well on my lanturn i have used the set
Lanturn @ Lum berry / leftovers
Volt absorb
Hp 122, SpAtk 136, SpDef 252
- Charge Beam
- Surf
- Stockpile
- Swallow

This is a good set for tanking in UU, after a stockpile or two you can take unstabbed Earthquake, swallow is there for hp recovery, charge beam for raising spA and surf for stab - you might have problems with other lanturns but you would basically be walling eachother - the lum berry is there if a pokemon tries to toxic you to death, i cahnged the ev's because lanturn dont need any speed.

To solve the status issue with lanturn i suggest changing weezing to miltank.

Miltank @ Leftovers
Impish
Scrappy
252 hp / 252 def
- Milk drink
- Heal bell
- Body Slam
- Fire punch / Earthquake

This set allows miltank to heal status problems in your team adn also wall hits from the physical side, Body slam for STAB and paralysis support - scrappy allows you to hit ghosts, fire punch or earthquake are there to hit steel types reasonably hard

Sludge Bomb on Toxicroak is redundant if you have Hidden Power Ice since most UU grass types are hit harder by the latter. Run Shadow Ball to hit incoming psychic types with.

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
The first thing i noticed upon seeing your team was a Substitute / Calm Mind Grumpig weakness. It can come in and set up on Lanturn, Weezing, and Altaria's Fire Blast / Hidden Power [Ground]. Sharpedo will be taken care of by Signal Beam or Hidden Power [Fighting], due to its very low defenses. Toxicroak takes a 4x Psychic and Stantler can be switched out of.

To fix this, i suggest a Choice Banded Drapion over Stantler. Pursuit will allow you to trap Grumpig and KO it, as Drapion carries a Psychic immunity and neutral to Signal Beam and Hidden Power Fighting. Pursuit / Ice Fang / Earthquake / filler will probably due you good.

If you want to take a different route over Lanturn, you could always try restalk Lapras ;D

Hope i helped

Right I think I'll definitely change Sludge Bomb to Shadow Ball on Croak, seeing as I havent used SB at all really, but I think I'll be using... SB(lol) quite a lot.

Drapion also sounds good, as he still brings a Ghost resist, and his only weakness is Ground, which Altaria and Weezing have covered.

I have Lanturn more to take the Electric hits though, so having Lapras would achive the opposite if what I want. I guess that I could have Claydol over Weezing and Lapras over Lanturn then. And Lapras could absorb the Water attacks aimed at Claydol.

I'm torn between the ResTalk and the Stockpile sets on Lanturn though. But I guess if I go for Lapras instead I won't have to make that decision.

Cheers, august, Objection and Komodo.

I'll think about it and edit the team accordingly.

Cheers mateys.

Edit: In fact yes, Claydol & Lapras make the team appear much better to me. ThoughI think instead of trying to be balanced the usual "2 phys sweep, 2 spec sweep & 2 walls" way, I'm just going to make it offensive. I think I'll go with a Trick Claydol, but I'll keep Lapras as ResTalk, seeing as I need some survivability.

I'll update the team within the next half hour and then you can check it again.

Cheers :)

Edit: Lols so much for half an hour, more like 2 hours.

XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)