SS OU First Team!

Hey guys, this is the first team I'll be sharing. I have had good success in wifi battles, but I have been having major issues with Hatterene and G Corsola (eviolite).

I think if I had played slightly differently, I could have taken out that Hatterene, but still. I was hoping I could get opinions.

I actually really like my team so I'm just hoping for optimization.

Orbeetle
Ability:
Frisk
Nature: Timid
Item: Light Clay
Moves: Bug Buzz
Sticky Web
Reflect
Light Screen

EV: 252hp, 252spe, 4spa

Sticky web and screens have helped me tremendously on getting favorable switch ins without getting much damage.

Rotom Heat
Ability:
Levitate
Nature: Bold
Item: Sitrus Berry
Moves: Will o Wisp
Volt Switch
Overheat
Dark Pulse

EV: 252hp, 252def, 4spe

Rotom has put any and all Zards in their place, regardless if we got rocks or not.

Haxorus
Ability:
Mold Breaker
Nature: Jolly
Item: Focus Sash/Choice Scarf
Havent committed to an item yet, sash hasn't helped me too much as Hax has yet to get one shot.

Moves: Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Poison Jab

I did have Iron Tail originally, but after missing two in a row, causing Hax to be taken out and nearly losing the game, I opted for Poison Jab to hit fairies and grass types.

EV: 252atk, 252spe, 4def

Hippowdon
Ability:
Sand Stream
Nature: Adamant
Item: Rocky Helmet
Moves: Earthquake
Slack Off
Rock Slide
Stealth Rock

EV: 252hp, 252def, 4spe

Hippowdon has been a life saver and honestly has become a new favorite. He has helped take down a stall Snorlax and it was amazing.

Falinks
Ability:
Defiant
Nature: Jolly
Item: Life Orb
Moves: No Retreat
Close Combat
Megahorn
Iron Head

EV: 252atk, 252spe, 4hp

Falinks has become a monster with Sticky web, screens, and No Retreat. He can outspeed an insane amount of mons, take the hit upon switch in, then first turn No Retreat and tank even more. Boosted Close Combat has even taken down full health Corviknight's. I would like to get a different item so he can survive longer, but I do not want to be locked into a move. With Life Orb he is able to take down almost entire teams, even if they resist him.

G Mr. Mime
Ability:
Vital Spirit
Nature: Timid
Item: Eviolite
Moves: Freeze-Dry
Calm Mind
Psychic
Shadow Ball

EV: 252hp, 252spe, 4spa

Eviolite boosting his defenses a bit higher than Mr. Rime, plus having base 100 speed. Under sticky web, he can outspeed quite a bit. With screens I can typically tank a lot and get a Calm Mind (potentially two if a switch out is predicted) and he can sweep the entire team. I did not expect him to work out this well. However, I am thinking about taking the HP EVs and placing them in spatk, since he does have a hard time taking out Corsola (prior to adding Calm Mind fyi).

I like my team quite a bit and would like to keep these Pokemon on the team. I'm mainly looking for suggestions on optimizing move pools.

With the fact of the Calm Minds potentially helping with Corsola, my only other concern is Trick Room Hatterene. With Draining Kiss and Trick Room, it out sped my entire team and was able to restore all damage that I could dish out. I should have maxed Haxorus, but I maxed Rotom before, which severely hurt me.

I have been contemplating a Bisharp or steel type in general. I just don't want Ferrothorn on this team, and would like to keep as is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)