First RMT: 4th Gen UU

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok guys, this is my first RMT. I'm not particularly new to competitive Pokemon but basically never refine teams mostly because I just enjoy designing teams on Pokemon Lab more.

I started with my favourite physical wall. After struggling a bit in OU, I decided to make a UU team based around setting up paralysis and some residual damage.

Secondly, I put in Venusaur, as it resists both Electric and Grass, the two major Special threats to Slowbro, as well as being immune to Toxic, helping the Water type to survive even longer.

To complete the FWG core, I decided on Blaziken, a powerful wallbreaker, whose weaknesses are resisted by the other members. With its lower speed, the paralysis really helps.

By this point, it was pretty much certain that the main focus of the team would be spreading debilitating status. Therefore, Uxie fits the team perfectly. It reliably sets up Stealth Rocks and spreads more paralysis.

To capitalise upon the lowered speed of most of the other team by this point, Ursaring was added to punch holes in the opposition. Quick Feet along with Swords Dance very quickly demolishes any unprepared teams.

Because a little status is never enough, Porygon2 is a brilliant defensive pivot when combined with Slowbro. Pseudo-BoltBeam coverage along with a status move allows for maximum utility.

And that's the final lineup.

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EV: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Def
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave

This little pixie pretty much sets up the game for me. Against any lead without Taunt (i.e. Ambipom, etc), it will get Rocks up and either U-turn out to a counter or start paralysing if indeed their lead is bulky and will return later.

Stealth Rock is there because the residual damage really helps my sweepers clean up at the end and Thunder Wave only aids them to achieve that. U-turn allows Uxie to escape from Ambipom's Pursuit only taking normal damage and to deal damage to the occasional Alakazam. Scouting the other team is just a bonus. Psychic is there just for a STAB attack.

The EVs are self evident as most leads that I'll stay in against are Physical. Uxie is bulky on both sides and can easily take weak to medium hits on the Special side. This lead really gets my team going.

Porygon2@ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EV: 252 HP / 40 Sp. Att / 216 Sp. Def
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Porygon2's role is to paralyse as much of the opposing team as possible while serving as a situational counter to certain threats. It can take special hits very well as well as the occasion physical, but it cannot take a Superpower from something like Blaziken or Absol.

Discharge along with Ice Beam offers exceptional coverage, with neutral damage against everything except for Shedinja, Lanturn, and Magnezone. Recover is there for reliable recovery and Thunder Wave's role is self-evident.

The EVs allow for near-maximum Special bulk, as physical bulk is usually squandered as, even with full investment, huge damage is done by most super-effective hits. With 40 EVs in Special Attack, Porygon2 can 2HKO offensive Moltres with Discharge.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EV: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Sp. Def
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Surf
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Again, it's another Pokemon focused on paralysing the opponent. This can tank physical hits all day and is a full stop to pretty much any Fighting type, comboing well with Porygon2. It is probably one of the most physically bulky Pokemon outside of Ubers, making it an exceptional bulky Water and is a fantastic teammate, not caring about paralysis or confusion.

The two attacks are there purely for STAB damage and they provide excellent coverage in UU, but not quite as good as BoltBeam. The addition of Psychic also stops Toxicroak from setting up on you with impunity. Slack Off allows you to wall all day and again Thunder Wave is there as the main theme of the team.

The EVs are pretty self-explainatory. This 'Mon is really the centrepiece of the team. Without it, strong physical attackers can run riot once Slowbro is gone and Uxie is weakened. To that end, Slowbro must be used somewhat carefully but can stop a good portion of the metagame.

Venusaur @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EV: 252 HP / 16 Spe / 240 Sp. Def
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder

Venusaur synergises well with Slowbro, with the two mostly resisting each other's weaknesses. It can also take on Chansey or Clefable without Thunder Wave due to its immunity to Toxic and its STAB Power Whip. It can also take Fighting type attacks directed at Porygon2 if Slowbro's gone.

Power Whip and Sludge Bomb provide STAB and some coverage. Power Whip hits most special walls and bulky waters for a large amount of damage and Sludge Bomb heavily damages any Grass types trying to switch into a resisted hit. Leech Seed allows some recovery, especially when used on something like Chansey. Sleep Powder is always useful, allowing a potentially dangerous Pokemon to be removed from the game.

The EVs are standard for Specially Defensive Venusaur, providing good special bulk but not squandering its physical capabilities. Venusaur's base 100 Special Defence allows it to take pretty much any neutral or resisted hit, but it needs to avoid any STAB Fire hits. In this case, Porygon2 can switch into Houndoom due to Flash Fire, or Slowbro can switch into Blaziken. Moltres can be a problem, but paralysis really cripples it and lets it be picked off. Stealth Rocks really help with Venusaur's longevity.

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EV: 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Crunch

Ursaring is an absolute monster. It can tear through any team without a ridiculously tough physical wall like Slowbro or Weezing. With Swords Dance and a Toxic Orb, Facade is stupidly strong.

Swords Dance with the Orb is the key to this set. After a boost, Ursaring reaches 718 Attack and 343 Speed, enough to outspeed positive-natured base 105 Speed Pokemon. Facade has base 210 power after STAB and the status condition. Close Combat will always OHKO Specially Defensive Registeel and provides near perfect coverage along with Crunch to hit Ghosts.

The EVs are really basic, providing maximum speed and power. There are some things that Ursaring can't beat, but they are mostly defeated by paralysis. Dugtrio can revenge kill Ursaring effectively but will be trapped by Trace on Porygon2, who can easily survive a CBed Earthquake.

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EV: 4 Att / 252 Sp. Att / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Superpower
- Fire Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Hidden Power Grass

Blaziken is the final member of the team, best used early in hit and run attacks to weaken the opponent's walls for Ursaring. It is quite frail and slow, but proper support allows it to demolish near anything.

Fire Blast is the main attack used, as it is ridiculously powerful off 349 Special Attack. Hidden Power Grass is used to provide coverage against bulky Waters like Milotic, although they won't be KOed without plenty of previous damage. Vacuum Wave provides priority to chip health off would-be revenge killers. Superpower provides a STAB attack to demolish most Chansey and Clefable.

The EVs and Nature are used to provide maximum firepower for Fire Blast. The Rash nature is not detrimental as paralysis support allows Blaziken to outspeed almost everything except for Dugtrio; however, it can be trapped by Porygon2.

Overall
As a whole, this team needs to focus on whittling the opposition down with smart shifting into counters and playing smart with Blaziken as well as exploiting Trace where possible.

The team is still in fairly early stages so any/all advice is welcome.

It looks good to me. Havent seen a venusaur in that role before but it seems to go nicely with a Slowbro.
The ursaring is nice but a Sableye/Spiritomb can take anything he throws at them nicely.
But then again , those poke's arent used that much so its still a nice set.
One thing u can try on uxie would be a choice band/specs item and trick.
This can completely cripple one of the opponents pokes so if used in a smart way that alone can criple a whole team.

I love the theme of your team. However, it has a huge problem with Ground-types, who are immune to T-Wave. Donphan is especially problematic, since he can tank a Facade and KO Ursaring with Earthquake. There are two solutions. One would be to give something Body Slam to nail those pesky Ground types. Another would be to change Venusaur to a Dual-Powder Vileplume:

Vileplume@Leftovers/Wide Lens
Calm Nature, 252HP/4Def/252Sp.D
Sleep Powder
Stun Spore
Grass Knot/Energy Ball
Synthesis/Sludge Bomb

Vileplume has a similar (though admittedly a bit worse) stat distribution than Venusaur, but Venusaur lacks Stun Spore. This set's job is to cripple two pokemon on the opposing team; one with Sleep and one with Paralysis. The third move is for STAB, while the last one is secondary STAB or recovery. Personally, I'd run Synthesis since perma-weather is rare in UU, and you don't want to Poison something you'd rather Sleep or Paralyze. I recommend leftovers in the item slot, though a Wide Lens can be used if you opt for Synthesis. As for the EVs, I mostly just pumped them into Vileplume's good Special bulk.

You also have issues with Clerics and Hitmonlee. The most common Cleric is easily Chansey, but anything with Heal Bell can remove all the Paralysis you labored to spread. Hitmonlee is unaffected by paralysis, and can cause problems is Slowbro is weakened or dead. To remedy this, I'd recommend you test out a Choice Band Dugtrio:

Dugtrio@Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly Nature, 240Att/24Def/248Spe
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Night Slash/Pursuit
Sucker Punch

Dugtrio lets you trap and KO common Clerics such as Blissey or a weakened Miltank. it also deftly handles Hitmonlee if you can get it in safely. The EVs are really weird, but they allow you to survive one LO Sucker Punch from 'Lee as you KO with Earthquake. You could always go for the standard 252/4/252 spread though. Earthquake is STAB, while Stone Edge hits the other common cleric, Altaria, for SE damage. Night Slash or Pursuit are coverage, while Sucker Punch gives you a priority move of your own. Try it out over Porygon2.

Last, I'd consider using Guts on Ursaring. If your team does its job, then Speed won't be an issue. If you opt for it, change the item to a Flame Orb.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Nothing I can add bar the ground type resistance. But I don't recommend the double thunder wave with Uxie and Porygon when no one around has the toxic. Buts that's only if you have a thing with giving out status' and not really necessary. Just that you could utilize lowering heath or attack power as most of your team have good speeds already and don't need the boost from a paralyzed opponent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)