First Hail Team[No Abomasnow]

WIP I'll Make it longer, I have to go to bed, I will add more of those changes Tomorrow.

=Preview of The Team=

The Team:​

Weavile (M) @ Icy Rock
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SDef / 248 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Hail
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

Reason I picked this Pokemon:
It's a Hail Team... Abomasnow and Snover are BL, so I needed a Fast Pokemon.
With a speed stat(125 Base) that outspeeds Frosslass and Kingdra, Weavile would easily hamper frosslass's ability to do anything really; allowing it to set up Hail Faster.
Even with its frailty and weaknesses to Stealth Rock and Mach Punch, Weavile can fill this unique role with its stats and STABs.

Weaknesses:
Weavile's typing is a real curse giving it a 4x weakness to fighting with extra weaknesses to steel, bug, rock, and fire. but Walrein/Claydol should be able to Cover most of those.

Resistances:
Ghost, Ice, Dark, Psychic(Immunity)

Walrein (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Ice Body
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hail
- Substitute
- Blizzard
- Surf

Walrein is a Good Stalling Pokemon,
Though hail is a more viable strategy in OU due to the presence of Abomasnow, Walrein is still a great Pokemon for hail in the lower tiers. With hail support from Weavile, Walrein can easily stall out many powerful threats with just Substitute alone.
Although its typing gives it weaknesses to Stealth Rock and Fighting-type attacks, Thick Fat grants Walrein resistances to both Ice- and Fire-type attacks.

Weaknesses:
Fighting,Rock, Grass and, Electric types; also Clefable can also cause problems, as it is immune to hail damage and Walrein has no way to KO it.

Resistances:
Water, Ice

Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Psychic

I needed a Psychic, A big downside to most Ice teams is Fighting...
Not much I can say about Claydol, Other than
It's Ground typing and It's move Earth Power stops fire types, that would 6-0 a normal Hail Team.
Psychic is a great move choice because it can take out Machamp easily.
Rapid spin can get rid of Spikes/T-Spikes and Stealth Rocks.

Weakness:
Dark, Water, Grass types.

Resistances:
Fighting, Poison, Rock, Psychic, Ground(Immunity), Electric(Immunity).

Froslass @ Sash
Snow Cloak
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd
Hail
Spikes
Destiny Bond
Blizzard / Taunt

A third Hail setter is reccomended and I reccomend a SpikeStack Froslass with Hail for Snow Cloak abuse.
Weakness:
Rock, Ghost, Steel, Fire, Dark.

Resistances:
Poison, Bug, Ice, Normal(Immunity), Fighting(Immunity)

Snorlax @ Lefties
Trait: Thick Fat
212 HP / 44 atk / 252 SpD
Careful
Rest
Sleep Talk
Whirlwind
Body Slam

Reason I Picked this pokemon:
This set turns Snorlax into the most durable special tank in UU
Because Snorlax is so Good at sponging special attacks with its High HP and great Special Defense.
Rest and Sleep talk are a great combination because it lets you heal and still attack...

Weaknesses:
Fighting.

Resistances:
Ghost(Immunity)

Entei @ Choice Band
Pressure
Event Nature
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Flare Blitz
Extremespeed
Stone Edge
Hidden Power [Grass]

Reason I picked This Pokemon:
You also have no real revenge killer on this team. To fix this I would change your Moltres to a Choice Band or Choice Scarf Entei. It has less Rock weakness and resists Ice.
Entei's high Attack and Speed stats and access to Flare Blitz and ExtremeSpeed make Entei a Great Choice for this spot.
Flare Blitz 2HKOes Most Pokemon that don't resist Entei(with the sole exception of Gligar), while ExtremeSpeed takes a huge chunks out of most Pokemon.

Weaknesses:
Ground, Rock, Water

Resistances:
Bug, Steel, Fire, Grass, Ice

Removed Pokemon

Moltres @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

Reason I picked This Pokemon:
Just needed a fire type, Moltres seemed like a formitible option,
Moltres Makes a good counter to Registeel and Roserade. It completely walls most fire types. A Good defensive stats and resistances to Fighting, Fire, and Ground are helpful to the team. It can Toxic foes to get residual damage on them and to destroy their attack. Can stall with Substitute, and self-heal with Roost. However, it adds another Stealth Rock liability.

Weaknesses:
The Biggest Weakness to Moltres is Stealth Rocks.

Resistances:
Fighting, Bug, Steel, Fire, Grass, Ground(Immunity)

Hariyama (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Whirlwind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Force Palm

Reason I Picked this pokemon:
Basicly to Kill any Ice, Rock, or Bulky Normal types like Clefable.
Thick Fat gives a Fire resistance and its Fighting-type gives a resistance to Rock.
Whirlwind lets me Switch the opponents Pokemon, When I need to.

Weaknesses:
Basicly any bulky Psychic types and Ghost types...

Resistances:
Rock, Bug, Dark.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]

You need to expand on the descriptions of your pokemon or this thread will be locked. Check out other RMTs to get an idea of what you should be doing.

First thing: the mods are probably going to want you to expand descriptions because they are pretty skimpy.

Second: you may want to add another Hail user because 1 isn't enough and Weavile is mega frail. Hariyama could also use a different STAB than Force Palm and I'd give it Guts over Thick Fat, if you want a RestTalk pHazer with Thick Fat you might as well use Snorlax.

Walrein would appreciate Ice Body so it can get extra recovery each turn allowing more Subs. You also have a big weakness to Ice and Rock. Four of your members are weak to Rock and two are weak to Ice. Any Pokémon with that shared coverage could single handedly shit all over your team.

You also have no real revenge killer on this team. To fix this I would change your Moltres to a Choice Band or Choice Scarf Entei. It has less Rock weakness and resists Ice.

Then we need another Hail setter so we should be using Walrein as on so replace Crunch with Hail. Weavile can handle Psychic types nicely.

A third Hail setter is reccomended and I reccomend a SpikeStack Froslass with Hail for Snow Cloak abuse.

Next i would use Snorlax in place of Hariyama, it takes on special walls and has decent synergy with Walrein.

tl;dr

Your team loses to Ice and Rock.

Entei > Moltres

Snorlax > Hariyama

Froslass > Zapdos

Sets:

Entei:

Entei @ Choice Band
Pressure
Event Nature
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Flare Blitz
Extremespeed
Stone Edge / Double-Edge / Return
Filler

Entei @ Scarf
Pressure
Event Nature
252 Atk / 76 SpA / 180 Spd
Flare Blitz
Extremespeed
Stone Edge / Double Edge
Hidden Power Electric

snorlax:

Snorlax @ Lefties
212 HP / 44 atk / 252 SpD
Careful
Rest
Sleep Talk
Whirlwind
Body Slam

Froslass
Froslass @ Sash
Snow Cloak
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd
Hail
Spikes
Destiny Bond
Blizzard / Taunt

Good luck with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)