First B&W Team help me out!

Hey Smogon how's it going!!! I used to be a competetive play in 4th gen back in diamond/pearl days and have been away from pokemon for some time.. I am now recently coming back with my first 5th gen team!!! The goal here is more of a bulky offense team!

Team Building Process

1: Ok to start off the first pokemon is Conkeldurr I decided to start with this guy because while completing the game i ran into a wild shiny adamant good ivs Gurdurr!!!

2: Alright after deciding to run subpunch on Conk i figured id need wish support to make up for all the hp lost through constant substitutes which led me to the wishmaker!!

3: At this point i brought in Dragonite to make up for the ground weakness i have

4: Now seeing as dragonite is weak to stealth rock i decided to bring in a spinner and nothing says late game sweep quite like Starmie

5: Realizing my team needed a bit more defense and some entry hazard support I brought in Ferrothorn

6: Finally i'v always been a fan of speed and trapping my opponents so i decided to end with Scarftar

Alright so now that you know the team it's time to tell you a little bit about how it's been working. As I said earlier I am not new to competetive batteling but I am new to 5th gen so after making this team and testing it on Pokemon on line for 10games my win:loss ratio was 6:4 so not awful but definitely below where I want to be so I'm hoping for some advice on the team and the only pokemon I will not change at all is ofcourse the Shiny Conkeldurr.

In depth description

1:
@Leftovers
Sheer Force, Adamant, 252hp 252atk 6spe
-substitute
-focus punch
-payback
-rock slide
The old school machamp set!! Like I said earlier I had the privilege of catching this guy in game so no egg moves are available to me I still think this set works out extremely well with near perfect coverage and wish support coming off of a huge base attack makes this guy devastating late game.

2:
@leftovers
Serene Grace, Bold, 252hp 224def 32spe
-wish
-calm mind
-psychic
-thunderbolt
Serene grace is such a wonderful ability and I'm sure you all know how annoying it is to get paralyzed by thunderbolt!! thinking of forgoing the accuracy and going with Thunder for the 60% para chance(comments?) Jirachi is here to take care of those that stand in conkeldurr's way as well as keeping conk healed up with wish support

3:
@lum berry
Multiscale, Adamant, 252att 252spe 6hp
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Fire Punch
-Extremspeed
Got Dragonite in here for revenge killing with priority extremespeed since i lack mach punch on conkeldurr as well as fire punch to take out pesky physical steel walls such as forretress as well as being able to late game sweep with DD

4:
@Life Orb
Natural Cure, Timid, 252Spatt 252spe 6hp
-hydro pump
-ice beam
-thunderbolt
-rapid spin
Extremely fast no set up required late game sweeper starmie is good at many things for my team he can protect dragonite from entry hazards he lures out special walls making it easy to get conkeldurr switched in and get a sub up and once iv weakened my opponents team with near perfect type coverage and life orb starmie can sweep a team this guys just seems to make everything work on my team

5:
@leftovers
Iron Barbs, Relaxed, 252hp 88def 168SpD
-spikes
-stealth rock
-power whip
-gyro ball
Ok back in the day I was a huge fan of levitate bronzong and the fact that this guy can use gyro ball just as effectively makes me smile =D I am running dual hazards on this guy simply because weakening my opponents team on the switch is so crucial to get those OHKOS due to the fact that I am using relatively weak sweepers and I figured wish support from Rachi will make up for the lack of healing by foregoing leach seed

6:
@choice scarf
Sandstream, Adamant, 252Att 252spe 6hp
-pursuit
-Crunch
-Superpower
-Stone Edge
My revenge killer easy to switch in easy to switch out also lures out walls that can wall conkeldurr so i can start beating them down giving conkeldurr a chance to sweep late game.

Conclusion: I am enjoying the synergy my team has but it still seems to have some flaws that i can't find myself maybe it's my prediction skills or maybe there are things I can change in my team im not sure?

Threats: So far I see my biggest threat being Gliscor if starmie gets KOd before i can bring gliscor down then theres not much i can do against the tank set and he runs through my team any suggestions?

Alright guys i hope you enjoy the team and help me out a little bit =D it's great to be back here!!!

the extremely common pursuit user (scizor / tyranitar) + sd gliscor strategy will sweep this team pretty easily. to fix this, i recommend using ice beam over stone edge on tyranitar. it also hits flyers that stone edge hits, such as tornadus and opposing dragonite. use a hasty nature - it does more than just not reduce your special attack; it also lets you outspeed the fast special attackers that scarftar is used to trap, such as gengar.

i'd also use the standard bulk up conkeldurr over your current set, because needing a substitute up in order to use your fighting stab is pretty un-appealing. plus, sub + a mon that's weak to sand is generally not the best strategy if you're not packing a different weather, since you've got no recovery outside of jirachi's wish (not reliable / consistent). after a few boosts, your drain punches will be hitting harder than an unboosted focus punch, so no big deal. with mach punch, you gain another priority user as well.

the extremely common pursuit user (scizor / tyranitar) + sd gliscor strategy will sweep this team pretty easily. to fix this, i recommend using ice beam over stone edge on tyranitar. it also hits flyers that stone edge hits, such as tornadus and opposing dragonite. use a hasty nature - it does more than just not reduce your special attack; it also lets you outspeed the fast special attackers that scarftar is used to trap, such as gengar.

i'd also use the standard bulk up conkeldurr over your current set, because needing a substitute up in order to use your fighting stab is pretty un-appealing. plus, sub + a mon that's weak to sand is generally not the best strategy if you're not packing a different weather, since you've got no recovery outside of jirachi's wish (not reliable / consistent). after a few boosts, your drain punches will be hitting harder than an unboosted focus punch, so no big deal. with mach punch, you gain another priority user as well.
i would love to run that set on my conkeldurr but as i stated earlier i dont have access to any egg moves since it was caught in game.. any other suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)