Project Fill In The Blank! [Paused for now]

kenn

Prince of the Halidom
is a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
FILL IN THE BLANK
ART COMING SOON (MAYBE)

Welcome everyone! With a new year just getting started, I figured a new project to ring it in would be a fun way to do so!

Fill In The Blank takes teams submitted by YOU! (via DMing me here or on Discord) and showcases them to the public, but with a twist...One or more of the Pokémon are missing and it is YOUR job to figure out what the Pokémon is!

Each week, I will post a team that is missing a key member or two and you guys must "fill in the blank" with your submissions! After a few days, there will be a voting stage to determine what you guys think is the answer! Points will be awarded to the one who gets the most votes at the end of the voting stage as well as the one who gets the missing Pokémon. If the one that gets the most votes is also the missing Pokémon, then it would be a clean sweep for that user!

So without further ado, here is a team from yours truly to get us started!
:crucibelle::ogerpon-wellspring::dragapult::zapdos::kingambit::poke ball:
So this team was based around AV Crucibelle and was a super fun team to not only build but play around with as well. But the last Pokemon is missing! Can you fill in the blank for this team?

Submissions close Friday around 5pm CST in which voting will begin soon thereafter.​

kenn

Prince of the Halidom
Week 1
Team -:crucibelle::ogerpon-wellspring::dragapult::zapdos::kingambit::poke ball: by kenn
Winner - spoo 's :great tusk:
Actual Pokemon (bonus y/n)- :iron valiant:(no bonus)

Week 2
Team - :cresceidon::venomicon::kingambit::ogerpon-wellspring::poke ball::poke ball: by Waldinji
Winner - Da Pizza Man's :heatran::equilibra:
Actual Pokemon (bonus y/n) - :dragapult::ting lu:(Docter_Peng99 figured out Dragapult)

Week 3
Team - :venomicon::equilibra::dragapult::cresceidon::kingambit::poke ball: by Docter_Peng99
Winner - Waldinji's :miasmaw:
Actual Pokemon (bonus y/n) - :rillaboom: (no bonus)

Week 4
Team - :Roaring moon::sandy shocks::gouging fire::gholdengo::miasmaw::poke ball: by Lasen
Winner - Waldinji's :iron moth:
Actual Pokemon (bonus y/n) - N/A (no bonus)

Week 5
Team - :equilibra::gholdengo::heatran::skarmory::kingambit::poke ball: by boomp611
Winner - Samirsin's :cawmodore:
Actual Pokemon (bonus y/n) - :kitsunoh: (metagross does architectu figured it out)

Last edited:
Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin

Need hazard control considering the amount or mons not immune to hazard and it will wear down ur breakers. Having a ground here nice to

Colossoil @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Facade
- Headlong Rush
- Knock Off

This team Could benefit from a rapid spinner and a occasional rapid Spinblocker short of Specs pult , who could bring Momentum into it , alongside AV Crucibelle , Both completing Guts Spin Colossoil pretty well with threats like Valiant or Tusk taken care off by the rest of the team (Notably PhysDef Zapdos and Waterpon)

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
seconding great tusk, this team needs hazard removal and a ground type so the only decent options are libra/tusk/colo and tusk works the best out of these since the team is missing rocks and looks pretty weak to kingambit. would go for a more defensive set though:

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ruination
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Zap-Lu is a classic OU core, and with boots on gambit I'm assuming we're ditching hazard removal. Tera grass because maybe the team needs an emergency ogerpon check

Im thinking equilibra mostly because of doom desire shenanigans and it is both immune to ground and electric and it's a good rapid spinner so
Equilibra@ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP 104 Def 36 SpA 64 SpD 16 Spe
Calm Nature
Earth Power
Doom Desire
Rapid Spin
Protect or Pain Split

kenn

Prince of the Halidom
And with 5 votes, the great and wonderful spoo is the winner with his Great Tusk!

The actual last Pokemon of this team was...
:iron valiant:
Iron Valiant @ Expert Belt
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

The idea for this was to lure in Libra and nail it hard with CC and since Valiant would probably be switching in and out, I opted for no Booster but you can use it if you want.
As Brigtel mentioned, Boots Gambit was a hint that the team had no hazard control, but Great Tusk is a fantastic fit here as well for the reasons spoo has already mentioned!

Now it is time for another team and this one is brought to you by Waldinji
:cresceidon::venomicon::kingambit::ogerpon-wellspring::poke ball::poke ball:

This time there are 2 blanks to be filled! This balance or bulky offense-looking team has some major threats already so what exactly missing? That is for YOU to decide!

Submissions end Friday!

Id say the ones missing are argonaut and pult
argonaut helps the defensive core and the team lacks immediate power so pult fixes that and also adds extra speed control
im thinking specs pult as it lacks a especially good special attacker wave doesnt count its more of a wall
Arghonaut @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Circle Throw
- Knock Off
- Recover
Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
this is just speculation but it doesnt seem like a krillo team he would usually use as it lacks both ting lu and iron boulder which i seen him use with krillo but i could be wrong

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
:Heatran: :Equilibra:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Equilibra @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 36 SpA / 64 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Doom Desire
- Rapid Spin
- Flash Cannon

The lack of Sludge Bomb on Venomicon, as well as the lack of very strong methods of dealing with Hemogoblin on this team, suggest heavily to me that there is another check for it on this team. Furthermore, with the lack of real hazard support, I figured that there was something with some type of hazards missing here. Heatran felt like a very natural piece to the puzzle here, as it ticks all of these boxes quite well. I went with an offensive set since I noticed that the team could use a bit more offensive pressure and ways to deal with physically bulky pokemon. As for the last slot, this is obviously where hazard removal goes. It was obvious going in that this was going to be either Great Tusk or Equilibra, but choosing which one would be more likely here was a bit difficult. I settled on Libra because I figured that it synergizes slightly better with Venomicon and Cresciedon than Great Tusk does, plus Doom Desire support allows the team to supply a bit more offensive pressure, since there's currently not a whole lot of it going on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)