Pokémon Fezandipiti

1200px-1016Fezandipiti.png

Fezandipiti

120px-PoisonIC_SV.png
120px-FairyIC_SV.png

HP: 88 / Atk: 91 / Def: 82 / SpA: 70 / SpD: 125 / Spe: 99 / BST: 555

Abilities: Toxic Chain, Technician

New Ability: Toxic Chain - The power of the Pokémon's toxic chain may badly poison any target the Pokémon hits with a move.

---

1694638769653.png
Physical:
Acrobatics
Aerial Ace
Beat Up
Brave Bird
Cross Poison
Double Kick
Dual Wingbeat

Facade
Fly
Giga Impact
Gunk Shot
Lash Out
Peck
Play Rough
Poison Jab

Poison Tail
Quick Attack
Shadow Claw
Tail Slap
Take Down
Tera Blast
Thief
U-Turn

Wing Attack

1694638758055.png
Special:
Acid Spray
Air Cutter
Dark Pulse

Dazzling Gleam
Disarming Voice
Heat Wave
Hex
Hurricane

Hyper Beam
Icy Wind
Moonblast
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb

Swift
Tera Blast
Uproar
Venoshock

1694638776971.png

Agility
Attract
Calm Mind
Charm
Endure
Flatter
Light Screen
Nasty Plot
Poison Gas
Protect
Rest
Roost
Sleep Talk
Spite
Substitute
Swagger
Swords Dance
Tailwind
Taunt
Toxic
---

Pros

1694640769493.png
- Good defensive typing, grounded
1694641185641.gif
type
1694640769493.png
- Good bulk, particularly on the special side, backed up with access to Roost
1694640769493.png
- Speed tier is pretty quick for a defensive mon, but a bit awkward for an offensive set, outruns Tusk and Ghold but slower than Zapdos
1694640769493.png
- Toxic Chain combines well with U-Turn, multi-hit moves, and non-contact moves for relatively riskless, momentum-preserving Toxic spreading

Cons
1694640564002.png
- Very limited utility, only really having access to Taunt and Toxic
1694640564002.png
- Mediocre at best attacking stats despite access to good boosting moves
1694640564002.png
- Poor STAB combination, resisted by both
1694641185641.gif
and
1694642228327.gif
, coverage is unimpressive without Technician
1694640564002.png
- Faces very strong competition as both a bulky
1694641185641.gif
and
1694641744577.gif
pivot in OU from the likes of Glowking, Clefable, Amoonguss, etc

---

Potential Sets

Defensive Pivot

Fezandipiti @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Toxic Chain
Tera Type: Water / Grass / Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly/Timid Nature
- Play Rough / Moonblast
- Taunt / Gunk Shot / Thief
- U-turn
- Roost

Pretty standard set, stays healthy with Roost while fishing for poisons and momentum with U-Turn. This set is about invests in HP and Spe but HP and SpD also obviously works well, becoming extermely tough to kill for special attackers, but really exposing that weakness to EQ. Tera Water improves matchups vs Great Tusk and Gholdengo, also allows it to survive against a Kingambit with Iron Head but is still essentially a free SD. A downside to Water however, is that you are sort of put in a bind vs Curse Garg who will eventually win pretty much every time with enough time so maybe another Tera is better idk. While Fezandipiti has a lower SpA stat, Moonblast can be used over Play Rough for better damage on Great Tusk, Iron Valiant, and Kingambit, especially on the former. Taunt and Toxic are the sum total of Fezandipiti's utility and either could be useful on this set, Thief could maybe, kinda sorta, potentially provide some utility as well as something to click against the likes of Gholdengo and Glowking who otherwise ignore the rest of the kit.

Offensive SD
Fezandipiti @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Fairy / Ground / Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Thief / Gunk Shot
- Double Kick / Dual Wingbeat / Tera Blast / Roost / Taunt
- Swords Dance

I doubt offensive Technician Fezandipiti has a place in OU but I will include this set nonetheless. With Technician, Dual Wingbeat becomes 120 BP while Thief and Double Kick both become 90 BP moves with some nice side benefits from each. Play Rough + Thief is the best neutral coverage available for 2 attacks without Tera if you want to run Roost or Taunt in this set. A special version of this set is also possible with Nasty Plot or Calm Mind.

---

1694640769493.png
Closing Thoughts
1694640564002.png

At the moment I find it difficult to balance the EVs in a way that takes advantage of Fez's great special bulk but doesn't melt to all the Ground types in the tier, even with max/max defensive investment Great Tusk still has a 1/16 chance to OHKO with Headlong Rush with 252 Atk. I assume a more optimal EV spread with speed and good defences will eventually come along, maybe if by some miracle hazards Spikes aren't absolutely everywhere you could run some Shucca sets, but that is a distant fantasy atm. I feel like I've talking about Fezandipiti's weaknesses a lot though so I will mention that Fezandipiti has very good matchups against Dragapult, Hamurott, Greninja, and more. It definitely has the ability to annoy a lot of the tier with its bulk and ability, but it can honestly feel difficult to put together 4 moves that feel like they will do each something in any given game, the utility movepool is so disappointingly lackluster for singles. Anyways, I'm admittedly skeptical of Fezandipiti's viability in OU especially considering the likes of Glowking, Amoonguss, and presumably Clefable adapting to the hazard-laden meta Gen 9 seems to be headed towards. Nevertheless, Fezandipiti's unique ability to Toxic opposing pokemon while retaining momentum and without worrying about Taunt all while being able to keep itself healthy give it an interesting niche against the bulkier teams of the tier. So what are your thoughts, do I have the wrong read on the situation? Let me know.​

Last edited:
Easily the worst of the trio. Its stat spread is all over the place, and it doesn't have the offenses or movepool to take advantage of Technician.

game freak try not to waste a good-looking pokemon challenge (impossible)

this doesn't look too bad. Probably not OU for sure but that defensive typing plus Toxic Chain sounds like it'll mean something no matter where it ends up, especially since this has Roost.

I kind of like the idea of the pivot set to fish for Toxics off U-turns. The EVs could be played around with for that though. I came up with this for it:

Fezandipiti @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Water (or whatever)
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Moonblast
- Roost
- Taunt

The Speed hits that sweet 301 to outrun Tusk and Bax, letting you either U-turn out or smack with Moonblast. Note that you can't hit 301 without a +Speed nature, so that's a bummer. HP is maxed and the rest is just dumped into Def since it has a handy typing against common physical moves. Moonblast is probably better than Play Rough simply because Tusk exists. Against a 252 HP Tusk with Leftovers, Moonblast comfortably 2HKOs while Play Rough (from a non-Timid nature of course) can miss even a 3HKO. U-Turn isn't for damage anyway, so Timid nature is fine. Roost and Taunt are also good utility. The Taunt slot could be lots of other things and is open for experimentation. Some ideas are: Toxic to guarantee one; Beat Up to maximize Toxic Chains procs and hit Ghold; Tailwind; Heat Wave if you really have to hit a Steel; Sludge Bomb, though that partly interferes with the ability; Venoshock to punish something later you managed to poison.

Fezandipiti
Item: Heavy Duty Boots/ Black Sludge
Tera Type: Water/Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Moonblast/Dark Pulse/Hex
- Roost
- Acid Spray

The EV's could prob use some work, but I think Acid Spray is extremely Viable with Toxic Chain & Roost. Given it's poor attack stats, I feel as though the best choice is to simply make it an obnoxious Toxic spreader. Acid Spray + Toxic chain has a 30% chance to Toxic the opponent while also always giving the target -2 SPDEF. You can still spam Uturn and Roost, while also weakning the opponents spdef. The last move is flexible. While Moon Blast is STAB and can lower special attack, Fezandipiti is hard walled by Steel types. Dark Pulse allows for a flinch chance that can rack up toxic damage and can hit Steel's for neutral. Hex can't flinch but simply hits harder if the target has a status.

Tera on this isn't a good option IMO, but I think if your gonna run Black Sludge with this set than Tera Poison is a must. It also buffs Acid Spray to base 60+ Adaptability Stab so it isn't terrible.

Back when its movepool was datamined, I tried to think of a Gliscor-esque bulky SD set, but I've been having trouble thinking of a good EV spread for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)