Fallback Team [OU RMT]

This team is the end result of about 3 months of thinking, testing, teetering, and trials. I have used it on wifi and shoddy and have met great success, until about two weeks ago. Personally, im under a fair amount of pressure as i am trying out for clans and in charge of making other clans better. I thought this team would put me up high, but i guess i still need more help. So please rate my team...

(changes in red)

First Appearance

- two immune to toxic spikes
- all types resisted somewhere
- one immune to fire
- one immune to electric
- two immune to ground
- two immune to poison
- no rapid spinner

Now in Detail

machamp @ lum berry
adamant / no guard
220 HP/ 244 ATTK/ 44 SpD
~ dynamicpunch
~ ice punch
~ bullet punch
~ payback

My lead is not the sadly cliche lead machamp. However, its EV spread is not the same as many others. I played with the damage calculator to make this thing able to live any unboosted special attack. I suppose in the past month everyone got wise to that and started putting zen headbutt on metagross, life orbing azelfs, and life orb starmies. Other than that, i would come in on aerodactyls, gliscors, roserades, infernapes, dragonites, you name it and use the appropriate super effective attack and take it from there. I love this set bc even if you dont deal alot of damage (lead gyarados- need help with this please) you can still play the luck game with confusion hax. bullet punch still nicely finished off anything that held a sash (blasted smeargle) and payback is whenever i feel the switch into a gengar, rotom, or froslass. Overall its a great lead, but i fear its boom time is up.

Synergy
psychic- heatran, scizor
flying -heatran

Flygon @ choice scarf
jolly / levitate
252 ATTK/ 252 SPE/ 4 HP
~ thunderpunch
~ u-turn
~ earthquake
~ outrage

Flygon is the latest addition to my team and i have mostly welcomed its presence. I went with jolly to speed tie other flygon , dd mence, timid zapdos, etc. Anyway i was surprised at how powerful this thing is and also at how frail it could be, like how much scizor's BP does that blew my mind when i lost 75% to a bullet punch. outrage is pretty much death to anything not steal, as is earthquake barring its many resistances. thunderpunch picks off any previously weakened bulky waters and puts a nice dent in gyarados. i like u-turn for souting but usually it doesnt do much else, neutral damage isnt much to rave about like if it doesnt hit a celebi or starmie it only does like 15% maybe. but i love flygon bc it can switch into tbolts and twaves aimed at gyara and anything else. its typing really fills up some holes, although having a dragon not resistant to steal is kind of a damper. i also found that if a mence or something that can set up switches into this, im basically toast. bc nothing else on my team outspeeds anything boosted without a boost themselves, and in the same light nothing is bulky enough to make a powerful attack a 3HKO, which is extremely depresssing.

Synergy
ice- heatran, scizor
dragon- heatran, scizor

gyarados @ leftovers
jolly / intimidate
88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
~ taunt
~ waterfall
~ dragon dance
~ stone edge/ bounce

Gyarados is a part of literally every team i make. A personal requirement of mine is a bulky poke that can taunt so blissey, skarmory, bronzgong, fortress, vaporeon and suicune (bar HP electric) cannot set up or roar me out so i can come in and set up. The nature and EV's allow me to outspeed a jolteon and OHKO with waterfall after only 1 DD. other than that, they dont do anything staggering. rotom completely stops this flying dragon fish and other gyrados make it scared if it happens to be running bounce. but this is great in general, only fearing thunderbolt/ thunder punch. after 2 DD's im usually only stopped by physical walls like dusknoir and suicunes (i carry bounce for the bulky waters). Out of all the members of this team, i can safely say that this gyrados truly consistently carries its weight. i really like being able to stop opponents from setting some so taunt is imperative for me. i got this new EV spread from a friend and its working great. the nature and ev's put me at 264 speed which outspeeds everything unboosted after a DD. i lose a little bulk and i still fear rotoms but overall gyara needs what i want it to.

Synergy
electric- flygon
rock- flygon, machamp

heatran @ passho berry
naive / flash fire
252 SpA/ 252 SPE/ 4 HP
~ earth power
~ explosion
~ flamethrower
~ stealth rock

This set was a suggestion, and thank you bobtheball4 very much! my team very nicely welcomes stealth rocks, and the extra explosion when i want to kill something fast. the surprise of ohko'ing swamperts with HP grass is taken away with this set but it turned out not to be too big of a problem for the rest of the team. as stated, my team is rather starmie weak, barring scizor's pursuit sometimes, and this heatran helps fill alot of gaps there. i also changed the nature to timid to outspeed opposing heatran or at least tie. i was thinking of a bulkier set or even like a tormentran set or something like that but so far i like this set. as i said SR is extremely helpful for shaymin and gyarados to knock some things around. one problem i have with this set is blasted bulky waters. in fact my whole team has a problem with that. i thought i fixed it with taunt gyara, but now everything has HP electric then ice beam for flygon. can anyone help me in taking out rest/talk suicunes, wish/protect vaporeons, and that darn blissey? like this heatran at least gets rocks up and can knock down opposing heatran, but i need help on how to use explosion bc ive seen it used and its quite effective at taking out special stallers.
i made it naive over timid to still get the speed and not lose the attack for explosion.

Synergy
ground- flygon, gyarados
water- shaymin, gyarados
fighting- gyarados

shaymin @ life orb
timid / natural cure
252 SpA/ 252 SPE/ 4 HP
~ seed flare
~ earth power
~ hidden power Ice
~ rest

This was suggested on my previous RMT over a tinkerbell celebi. and i love this shaymin. It tears up so many teams and can just rest and switch out and its like nothing ever happened to it. seed flare dents blissey and hopefully with the SpD drop ill get a 3HKO? HP Ice breaks dragons and hopefully mence with the speed tie. it also is my number one counter to brelooms, celebi, and other shaymin. because of its ability, i keep it in on the blissey switch so i dont risk getting gyarados paralyzed. i know with life orb i should have gone with the EV's to maximize the number of attack uses but i really needed the extra speed. i love just pounding away and resting on something slower, which is many things. one major thing this fears is extremespeed lucario ( ohh how i cant stand these). id really like to incorporate an ES luke on my next team as a late game sweeper.

Synergy
fire- heatran, gyarados
flying- heatran
bug- heatran, gyarados, scizor, machamp
ice- heatran, scizor
poison- heatran, scizor

scizor @ choice band
adamant / technician
240 HP/ 252 ATTK/ 12 SPE
~ bullet punch
~ pursuit
~ u-turn
~ superpower

Well we started with a cliche so lets end with one. I know a vast percentage of teams have CB scizor now and everyone can see why. Another one of my personal nitpicks for team requirements is a stab priority. Bullet punch wrecks anything already weakened, pursuit knocks off gengar and rotom usually. superpower is for the heatran switch in, and u-turn is a great stab and is identical to flygon in its scouting purposes. everyone knows this set, everyone knows this spread but its just so useful and it falls into my team very nicely. i obviously have never swept, bc its not meant to, with this but it often fends off potentially threatening foes. its really great for those hail teams with blasted stallrein and the cleffairy family with magic guard.. ohh how i cant stand those. this thing really hates mences as well as rotoms, the usual problems for my team.

in this slot, i tried skarmory and specially defensive zapdos. in both situations i just came back to scizor (however it may be time for a new set?) i really ache without the hard hitting priority; for instance, hail teams run me down. i liked having skarm to do its spikes/ whirlwind thing and its defenses were a very nice physical wall, but it just couldnt deal damage, i cant fight stall with stall. zapdos was pretty much the same, but a little more fun to use. i ran a special def. zap with sub, toxic, charge beam, heatwave. as usual it was stopped by mrs. humpty dumpty, swampert, hippowdon, and suprisingly enough infernape (Stone edge of course). and as i said before, this scizor does alot for this team: u-turn scouts and hits hard, pursuit is death to starmie, gengar, and weakened rotoms, superpower is great for heatran switch ins, and BP is just my operation ground and pound whenever in doubt.

Synergy
fire- heatran, gyarados

Final Statements
After using this team for some time and recently seeing it fail, i am thoroughly concerned. I really thought i finally understood the changing metagame with this teams but evidently i have alot to learn. i love anti leads, taunters, and priority moves. I cant stand blissey. This team had everything i needed but it seems everyone else (on shoddy anyway) has figured that out and prepared accordingly. i had this at 1354 CRE until i started losing. i know it isnt great but its the best any of my teams have done so far. I really wanna become great at this game because it truly is a lifelong investment of mine. Any help you can offer is greatly greatly appreciated. Thank you.

after more playing i have realized one thing: i. hate. stall. i dont know how to deal with it, it always confuses me, i have no spinner to take care of hazards, i have no poke that has time to sit and play around with stall. i have another team with a mixmence and stallbreaker gliscor but i suppose i just dont know what im doing. if anyone would care to take me under their wing and create a complete anti-stall team, i would be not only eternally grateful, but i would offer you every poke i have. thats how much i cant stand stalling; its gotten to the point where if i see a skarmbliss, i just let the clock run out bc thats whats gonna happen anyway.

We thank you =]

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
Ok. From looking at your team, there are some things that need o be addressed. The first thing that I see is that Starmie can destroy your team. Nothing can really switch in safe to a Starmie's attack without taking a big hit except maybe Flygon on a thunderbolt. One more thing that would help is to have SR on the team mostly because it's almost necessary on every team. This would also help for Starmie to not switch in racking up with LO damage that it takes. SR would also help from Salamence coming in a lot as he could cause trouble for your team. It would also help Scizor a little revenging Salamence if he gets a DD up.

One way to solve this would be to change Heatran a little. The best way would be to replace expert belt with Passho berry which is the water water resist berry. Next would be to change it to the SRtran set which is Fire Blast, Earth Power, Explosion, and SR.

I hope this rate helps, and good luck!

This actually is a pretty good team tbh. I noticed you have Adamant nature on Flygon, change it to Jolly nature to force a speed tie against DD Mence. Second thing, give Heatran a shuca berry and get rid of dragon pulse and give it Stealth Rock because its important (you already have flygon and scizor to get rid of dragons.) Also you must give Heatran Timid Nature or naive if you decide to use explosion.

On Gyarados, adamant nature is the better choice, since your running bulky set, jolly nature will be extremely weak and you will miss out on easy 2 hit KO's.

Hi ya! Well it's adecent team. 1 thing i notice though is a choiced scarf flygoon ( with jolly nature). It gets an OHKO on your flygoon and I'm 99% with Heatran as well. All you need is to eather change flygon's nature too Jolly or get rid of Sicsor for Skarmery. Check that, i would recmed removal of Scisor for Skarmary. Why? As you mentioned, Ssicor is cliche, and every one knows what to expect, scior (espacily after useing bullet punch) set up folder for many sweepers incuding gyardos, Empolain, lucario and metegross. For your starmie weakness, you could run specily defence Zapdos if you hate using Blissy

lead gyarados- need help with this please
If you want to beat lead gyarados you can use Stone Edge over Ice punch, which 2HKO even max HP gyarados (with intimidate).
You can still deal with Roserade with Payback/SEdge + Bullet Punch, and tie with lead Dragonite (Stone edge + LO twice). You will only lose against gliscor.

thank you for your suggestions everyone =] i have tested everything out, and posted my revised team as the first post. somethings worked, some didnt, and sometimes i reverted to my primal instincts.

this new team is doing better than its predecessor, but my CRE is really not where i would like it to be. this is mainly due to what seems like 70% of the teams being stall teams now. anyway im asking all you poke-experts out there to lend your minds and your talents once again, thank you =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)