ORAS OU fake hyper offense with nasty plot azelf

Would you use this team or just the normal ho?

• Total voters
Alright hi guys it is my first team ever posted here so spare me if i did anything wrong
Anyways this is the team at first glance

(looks like ho right?And that is the beauty of this team)

Azelf @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower /Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

I initially started with this azelf as this set wrecks the current meta game right now,tanking a STAB life orb weavile(not really tho it does 89.6 - 105.8% weavile is broken) and roasting it in return with a fire blast(95.3 - 112.4%) or a flamethrower if u opt for it. Flamethrower only doing 78.2 - 92.5%.Nasty plot providing a very nice set-up move against a switch as well as being a wall-breaker or win condition when the opponent loses checks to azelf.This also gets surprise kills when you lead this off, suicide lead?Don't think so.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Bug Bite/ U-turn/Knock Off

The next "HO" pokemon is mega scizor. This provides a hyper offense assumption as well as a check to both latis, clefable (not that it matters cuz i got a bulky taunt talonflame. Opps spoilers!) bisharp, mega lopunny,mega diancie and weavile. SD to boost mega scizor's attacks to prevent itself from being a set-up fodder and roost for recovery.Bullet punch is a must have move on scizor and the last move slot is for coverage.I would choose knock off as it removes the opponent's item.(my only knock off user actually .Opps spoilers yet again!)SD 3 attacks mega scizor?Don't think so.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

The next "HO" pokemon is lando-t. This is my only +2 bird check and my stealth rock setter. Garchomp or rotom-wash is also feasible but tank chomp doesn't have a reliable recovery while rotom-wash doesn't give the opponent a ho assumption.The set is just very typical.Scarf lando-t?Don't think so.

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Swords Dance/ Bulk Up
- Taunt

The next "HO" pokemon is Talonflame.This is the complete clef counter whether if it is magic guard t-wave calm-mind or unaware max def due to this beautiful move called taunt.It shuts down clef of any kind(like i said) as well as spdef heatran. It doesn't have will-o-wisp cuz i have a gengar with it(Opps spoilers yet again!)Gale wings is an obvious ability and brave bird and roost is self explanatory SD is for set-up to potentially sweep while bulk up is also an option.Full investment in spdef is also and option to set-up in front of a slowbro and other bulky water types which works pretty well with bulk up but it loses quite a lot of offensive presence.Offensive SD talonflame?Don't think so.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect Type
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

The next "HO" pokemon is Starmie. This is my spinner and a soft specs/scarf magnezone check which i have a huge weakness on as well as a keldeo check.(not a cm one)Reflect type allows starmie to counter magnezone, bisharp and t-tar without fighting coverage themselves(not like it matters i have a fat scizor).Scald being the best move in the game and recover to "recover" my health(pun is totally intended).Life Orb offensive starmie?Don't think so.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split/ Substitute /Sludge wave

The last "HO" pokemon is gengar.It is the counter to skarm and chansey fat core as well as a clef killer and a tank chomp killer if played correctly.Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers which allows t-flame, azelf and scizor to setup more easily.Hex does a ton with the status and taunt shuts down clef and prevents rocks and set-up(which is why its kind of a tank chomp killer)Pain split over substitute or sludge wave for a more reliable recovery and sludge wave doesn't do much for the team and dark types like weavile or bisharp doesn't like to take a burn anyway.Life Orb 3 attacks gengar with taunt?Don't think so.

ANYWAYS THAT'S THE TEAM HOPE YOU LIKE IT TELL ME IF THERE ARE ANY THREATS FOR THIS TEAM

importable:

Azelf @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Taunt

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect Type
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Last edited:
I personally think this is a really cool team idea,but,I also think your team is a bit too fragile
especially Gengar, Gengar can get Oneshotted pretty easily from alot of things such as Keldeo,Terrakion,and Landorus-T and Garchomp
Yes you can burn then to lower their attack stat,but if you have a Gengar infront of their Garchomp they'll most likely go for a Swords Dance, Id reccomend using this set for your Gengar

Gengar (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
-Toxic
-Venoshock
-Hex
-Destiny Bond (Replace with taunt if you really need taunt)

As for Talonflame, having a burner is still very nice, id recommend replacing his taunt for will-o-wisp and if you suspect a switch in use that or swords dance,

Your team is also a bit too defensive, like you have too little coverge with your attacks, id reccomend using starmie as a good sweeper

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

If you didnt want to miss with hydro pump you should of used scald

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The hell is fake HO lol

Anways, run wisp on talonflame. You benefit more from burning stuff like ttar and lando than you do from taunting things. Don't slash bulk up either. Just use swords dance because bulky offensive needs the power.

Run max speed on starmie because speed ties matter a lot more than those few spdef evs. Also, run Psyshock over reflect type because otherwise keldeo absolutely murks you.

Other than that, there's really not a lot to say other than the fact that this is an interesting concept. And if I'm being 100% honest, the above Gengar set is really bad. I wouldn't use it.

Hey ramborosu, Fake Hyper Offense hmm this is the first time I've heard that term. But anyways let's move onto your team

• First of all, get rid of Taunt on Talonflame and replace it with Will-O-Wisp, Taunt is definitely valuable but since you cannot have both go with WoW to cripple Physical Attackers like Landorus and Excadrill. Try runnin SpDef Talonflame instead of max Attack, since you're running Swords Dance that'll make up for your damage loss. Honestly though, I recommend dropping Swords Dance completely for Taunt since your team is fairly weak to stall. Your Gengar set is a bit sub-par, I get the idea of the team, but I you should run the standard offensive set instead of the one you currently have.
Everythin else looks fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)