Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Williams

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Can't wait to today's race anymore! I'd love to see Russell score more points for Williams and Ricciardo having a good race after all this time. And, as always, go Alonso!

Can't wait to today's race anymore! I'd love to see Russell score more points for Williams and Ricciardo having a good race after all this time. And, as always, go Alonso!
I'm really looking forward to it to. Would love to see George stay in the Front Row

Best race of the season today? Felt it had everything ngl
I really went into the race thinking we'll have another Zandvoort but I was wrong. The race was really exciting and I was very happy for McLaren. I remember last year when Sainz barley missed it. Also the saga of Ham vs. Ver continues.
All in all it was a very fun race

How did you find the verstappen grid penalty?
Unfair ngl, Giving the same penalty as the Bottas crash seems very unfair and honestly I don’t think u can say one of the racers was entirely to blame, I would have said racing incident and moved on. What did u think?

Unfair ngl, Giving the same penalty as the Bottas crash seems very unfair and honestly I don’t think u can say one of the racers was entirely to blame, I would have said racing incident and moved on. What did u think?
Not only that but he will get another one when he changes his Power unit

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well, that was the most disgraceful ending of a season I've ever seen. Congrats to Max, but that was absolute rubbish.

Reactions: DEG

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Everything started with the first lap incident, what a pity it ended like that but at least it was how I wanted it to end. Embarrasing anyways.

Reactions: DEG

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I agree, Lewis should have been made to give the position back, he had the pace to overtake anyway and we would have had some great racing. But in the end, clear safety car rules were not followed so unless the FIA is more corrupt than I think it is there is no way Mercedes doesn't have an easy win in court to have the race officially end on lap 57 with Lewis winning.

Lalaya

Banned deucer.
First of all
Congrats to Max, this was well deserved, especially after how Masi ruined the last two races by himself
Second, ending the race under Safety Car would have been absolutely horrendous anyway but I agree on the fact they should have opted for decisions (leaving the block of cars to overtake the SC and free themselves) sooner than the second to last lap; other than that, not much else to say, rules-wise this race was ruined from lap 1 and honestly if they take any kind of action now it would just be genuinely disgraceful

I agree, Lewis should have been made to give the position back...
I disagree. If you do this, then you are in effect legalizing the type of move Max made famous this year when the driver just divebombs into the corner and relies on the other guy going wide into the runoff to avoid a collision, which then sets an ugly precedent for the future.

Lewis was robbed, plain and simple. Mercedes only dropped the appeal because dragging this drama out doesn't help them sell cars and it's hard to argue against a rule that basically says "[Masi] can make everything up and the points don't matter".

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I disagree. If you do this, then you are in effect legalizing the type of move Max made famous this year when the driver just divebombs into the corner and relies on the other guy going wide into the runoff to avoid a collision, which then sets an ugly precedent for the future.

Lewis was robbed, plain and simple. Mercedes only dropped the appeal because dragging this drama out doesn't help them sell cars and it's hard to argue against a rule that basically says "[Masi] can make everything up and the points don't matter".
You can complain about the handling of the safety car all you want, because that was handled poorly. That said, Mercedes could have used this opportunity to put Hamilton on fresh tires and chose not to; meanwhile, Red Bull made the correct call bringing in Verstappen for fresh soft tires. As a result, that led to a situation where Verstappen was on relatively fresh soft tires while Hamilton was on the same hard tires he had since lap 14. Mercedes could have easily made a decision to prevent something like this from happening and they didn't. That's on them, regardless of the safety car procedure.

In any case, saying Hamilton was "robbed" is a little ridiculous. He already has seven world championships, tied with Schumacher (in fact, the only other people to win any titles in the 2010s were Sebastian Vettel and Nico Rosberg) and he's probably the only driver competing today who will get to be remembered as one of the greats on the level of Michael Schumacher, Jim Clark, and Ayrton Senna. I think he'll be fine without the 2021 title; he and Wolff even said they didn't want to be awarded the title in a courtroom instead of on a racetrack.

You can complain about the handling of the safety car all you want, because that was handled poorly. That said, Mercedes could have used this opportunity to put Hamilton on fresh tires and chose not to; meanwhile, Red Bull made the correct call bringing in Verstappen for fresh soft tires. As a result, that led to a situation where Verstappen was on relatively fresh soft tires while Hamilton was on the same hard tires he had since lap 14. Mercedes could have easily made a decision to prevent something like this from happening and they didn't. That's on them, regardless of the safety car procedure.
If Mercedes pits, Red Bull keeps Max out. It's a situation that happens in NASCAR all the time. If there's a restart, the leader in this situation is screwed 100% of the time. Merc made their call based on the assumption that there'd be no restart, which according to the rules, would have been a correct assumption had Masi not stuck his nose in and turned the event into WWE-on-wheels with his made up rules. It's 100% on the FIA here, not on Merc at ALL.

In any case, saying Hamilton was "robbed" is a little ridiculous. He already has seven world championships, tied with Schumacher (in fact, the only other people to win any titles in the 2010s were Sebastian Vettel and Nico Rosberg) and he's probably the only driver competing today who will get to be remembered as one of the greats on the level of Michael Schumacher, Jim Clark, and Ayrton Senna. I think he'll be fine without the 2021 title; he and Wolff even said they didn't want to be awarded the title in a courtroom instead of on a racetrack.
This is a little preservationist, don't you think? Hamilton did everything he needed in the last three races to beat Max and make history, did so, only to have Masi decide "I'm going to hand the title to Max because basketball reasons".

Lalaya

Banned deucer.
This is a little preservationist, don't you think? Hamilton did everything he needed in the last three races to beat Max and make history, did so, only to have Masi decide "I'm going to hand the title to Max because basketball reasons".
lets just disregard the whole fact verstappen got a shitload of undeserved 0s and the biggest robbery this season in Silverstone, sure
like bruh as much as I like Hamilton this year Verstappen deserved it, genuinely won and made poles for half the season and was in top shape and arguably we wouldn't even had a situation like this if Hamilton didn't do some bullshit of its own, costing a PU and some points to Verstappen in the process (not saying that getting DNF shouldnt be normal or anything like that, its just that Verstappen got also robbed lol)

also the last lap restart was fine, the process of unlapping wasn't (should have given the unlap order at lap56/57 and restart the race there), and yes, the leader always gets screwed in that case but tbf if Hamilton pitted and Verstappen didn't Verstappen would have lost by getting overtaken, so I still 100% think there also was a bad Mercedes call in this case (better risk it pitting than not doing it, esp since Latifi's car was already cleared out at l57)

the only reason Hamilton was in that position of actually getting back points from Verstappen was thanks to the better PU that, alongside other incidents Verstappen got, Hamilton also caused a pair lmao

Oh, Silverstone, when Max could have backed out (like Lewis did later at Brazil) but didn't? Let's agree to disagree on that one.

And the biggest robbery of the season was Spa, lol; all of us were the victims of that one.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
If Mercedes pits, Red Bull keeps Max out. It's a situation that happens in NASCAR all the time. If there's a restart, the leader in this situation is screwed 100% of the time. Merc made their call based on the assumption that there'd be no restart, which according to the rules, would have been a correct assumption had Masi not stuck his nose in and turned the event into WWE-on-wheels with his made up rules. It's 100% on the FIA here, not on Merc at ALL.

The key word here is "assumption"

Regardless of what anyone thinks the correct procedure was for the safety car, there's been a general agreement among all teams that the race director should always aim to have races end under green flag conditions (before you bring up Belgium, the reason it didn't end under green flag conditions was because extremely wet conditions made it unsafe to continue the race) so that was absolutely not a safe assumption and Mercedes not pitting Hamilton was absolutely not a good call.

We can complain about the safety car procedure all we want, we can aim to have better standards, hell, you can even argue to remove Masi as the race director, but there's no need to dickride Mercedes and Hamilton, bro

So, with the Rolex 24 at Daytona coming up at the end of the month (featuring ex-F1 drivers such as Juan Pablo Montoya, Kamui Kobayashi, Sebastien Bourdais, Alexander Rossi and Felipe Nasr), is there interest in starting a general motorsport thread for 2022? That way we also have a place to discuss IndyCar, NASCAR, MotoGP, Le Mans, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)