EXPLODING! Trick Room of Guts!!

This team attempts to make a trick room team that properly works most importantly a team that verges on the insane. This team tries to effectively use the most highpowered and dangerous moves abilities in the game at high albeit slow speed. Explosion and Guts do i need to say more.

Smeargle (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Extremespeed/Stealth Rock
---
This lead needs to incapacitate as much as possible and then die quick so as not to waste precious turns of trick room. Spore off the bat or trick room depending on whether i will be tricked or stealth rocks will go up. STABed explosion off 20 bp attack is not a laughing matter.... or is it. Need help with final moveslot.

Machamp (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Close Combat
- Thunderpunch
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
---
I can't think of anything more terrifying than this. This is the initial demolisher it comes in with little regard for itself and just punches the living crap out of everything with its impressive coverage. Bullet punchis here so that i can kill a sashed lead after the explosion and activate guts.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 160 HP/96 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Explosion
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Substitute

This is very important as it allows ursaring to sweep extremely well killing all steels particularly Skarmory Forretress and bronzong likely to threaten his sweep. HP ground is here for Heatran who otherwise destroys the team. IF someon could help me with the evs that would be much obliged this will often not be acting in the trick room so speed is required. Explosion gives me a safe switch in for bronzong.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/128 Def/128 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock/Earthquake

Mid game bronzong is the last pokemon you want to see he can almost always take three hits and is generally capable of pulling off whatever he wants to do. I will usually not explode with this as it may be necessary to trick room twice with it. Earthquake for heatran explosion for free switch.

Ursaring (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
-Facade
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch
-Crunch
---
Swellow has nothing on this. This thing can absolutely decimate teams. Facade is stupidly powerful ridiculously so. Crunch is for the predictable ghost switch after their wall is ohkoed by facade. lol. Im a bit lost to as what the other move should be. Ursaring willl have his limelight he so thoroughly deserves he is sooo cool.

Exeggutor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SAtk
Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Explosion
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot
---

This is the weak link of the team. Yet it fits the theme with explosion. Used to do a bit of special sweeping if needed. Generally a last resort.
Please suggest changes for this. Anything to improve synergy. Possibly a wisher and trick roomer or another special sweeper.

Hopefully after this trick rooms will no longer be cast into obscurity and will become a viable tactic with suggestions i can see this becoming a force in even todays metagame.

I'm having a mental quarm about the EVs on Smeargle, with them you are hitting 273 Speed which is quite a respectable number, but I don't know why you dont just run -Speed (Brave) simply because the only thing woth outspeed that can annoy you is Bronzong, 90% of which run minimum speed and almost none will carry enough to outspeed and trick something onto you. You will already lose against Faster tricker i.e. Scarfers, so If you run Min Speed on Smeargle you can survive with sash, Spore, Trick Room on the switch and then explode. Final moveslot, well, extremespeed is unnessecary as it will allow you only to hit things that expolsion can (and why wouldn't you. I'd say its a toss up with SR vs Crunch, Crunch will allow you to hit ghosts the like of gengar who want to avoid explosion, but SR is a nice team support move, odds are you will only ever have to use them against a Ghost / Steel that decides to stay in against you and I think on the whole SR will work better, but 90% of the time you wont need the fourth moveslot anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you minimise Speed you can also Max your attack, maxing your explosion twice as powerful :O

You could run Mix Gross over Exeggutor it will lure in Skarm / Swampy and the like and allow you to KO them with HP Fire / Grass KNot and then proceed to either sweep with MM or go out with a Boom, fitting in with the theme of the team. Exeggutor will do special attacking better but wont do as well in the explosion department. With Mix Gross you will find it easier to lure out Physical Walls to KO them, and allow Machamp / Ursaring to sweep later in the game, now IMO that means Magnezone can be remooved and I seriously would consider a CB tar in there, It will allow you to pusuit any ghosts who give smeargle and any of your other exploders a hard time, allowing you to boom a little more often with less worry. I think Brave would be a good idea as hopefully smeargle will be luring out Ghosts anyway.

Apart from that it all looks cool, a nicely built TR Team, the only problem I forsee is what happens if you face a tricker or something like that, it would be nice to have a faster sweeper who can take tricks, that could probably go over CBTar anyway which would be a cool idea, but you will lose the coverage against ghost, Your call on that one, test them both and see which do best. I hope some of this helped :D

I'm having a mental quarm about the EVs on Smeargle, with them you are hitting 273 Speed
I guess i just wanna outspeed all things with a lum or all things with sandstorm/ hail (not so important) cos otherwise smeargle is dead and then im screwed if anyone could suggest the perfect EVs for this speed would be much appreciated.

263 Speed (216 EVs Jolly) beats + Speed Lead Gross
262 Speed (212 EVs Jolly) beats Neutral 252 Speed Gyarados
244 Speed (232 EVs Adamant) beats + Speed TTar
240 Speed (216 EVs Adamant) beats Neutral Lead Gross
222 Speed (144 EVs Adamant) beats Neutral Lead Tar
197 Speed (44 EVs Adamant) beats No Speed Gallade...

Those are the only real Lum Users, Bronzong you are faster than, same goes for Machamp. Take your pick.

Not sure how constructive this is but....If your looking for an explosive special sweeper go with Gengar over Exeggutor. Its faster, stronger, and its frail....So you'll get to explode sooner. Seems to fit right in on your team of suicide bombers.

...Edit: After reading Goldfan's post I realise Metagross is superior on this team entirely. I totally forgot it was a trick room team. My bad.

Metagross

I realise the destructive power of that metagross and thanks for those speed evs Goldfan but i still have a massive heatran weakness, I am loathe to include Tyranitar to nullify this as i have a serious problem with Sand storm as my main sweepers will get raped by it 18%! each turn is not good. Any ideas. I was thinking a Vaporeon @ LO as it could wish pass and sweep.
Thanks alot.

Why not Facade somewhere on Machamp? You are getting burned, might as well take advantage of a 140 BP attack right? I'd probably put it over bullet punch, since its likely you are going to outslow any sashed leads after a trick room. Though I guess it could be redundant since you do have Ursaring and his ridiculous STAB, double power, guts boosted Facade to work with.

I'm tempted to say Cross Chop over Close Combat since you don't want something like Scizor coming in and bullet punching you after you get a Def drop. Because it will hurt.

To Chenman

I'm tempted to say Cross Chop over Close Combat since you don't want something like Scizor coming in and bullet punching you after you get a Def drop. Because it will hurt.
I foresaw this threat if anyone could suggest an EV spread for Machamp that would survive the afforementioned would be much oblidged. It could be a very nasty suprise for Scizor to BP still get raped by Close Combat.
Otherwise i could always go to Magnezone...

You make a fair point about Scarf Tran, and I see your point about Tyranitar which is a shame, because you could have used something like bait tar. I guess you could use Meta still but change Machamp to something that is not weak to scarftran, Rhyperior springs to mind. Earth Power will do 73-86% to a 252 HP / 0 Sp. Def Rhyperior so it wont be able to revenge you. If you decide to run 0 HP / 252 Sp. Def instead you will only take 60-71% which is even less. You can come in and revenge after a flamethrower / Fire Blast too with ease, if they are running TTar it will also benefit you in this job no end. This would allow you to run Mix Gross and have something nearing the offensive threat of Machamp the only problem with this is you wouldnt get the guts boost. Scarftran won't be a huge issue to you if you have TR up anyway so it about playing around it to get the TR up, then youll be fine :D

put a swords dance rhyperior instead of machamp it has much better defences and wont be taking burn damage every turn and can actually take a special hit or two with sandstorm up from the popular tyranitar or hippowdon.

hidden power ground is not really needed as it is only hitting heatran harder than netural tbolt and maybe steelix, camerupt or marcargo but those are not ou. i would recommend fire for the scizor caught in bullet punch or ice for dragons or grass for swampert, really its up to you.

finally heatran over eggy would at least help the fire weakness of this team and heatran easily ohkos opposing heatrans or infernapes in trick room with earth power a boosted earthpower from life orb or choice specs.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, a Rhyperior as statade earlier could help this team out by abusing the Trick Room, and even be a really good defensive check in. Maybe even try a CurseLax or something over Ursaring so that Gengar won't give you to much trouble. It will be able to Pursuit it, or just Curse up while it switches out, further helping you abuse the trick room thathas been set up. I'm sorta woried about your Figthing weakness, or lack of switch in, but I guess Bronzong/Exeggutor -could- work. Once Trick Room goes down, you're gonna have trouble with Infernape, so maybe a CM Slowbro over your Exeggutor or something of the sort. I'm not too familiar with TR teams, so sorry if I'm not of too much help. You could even run a TR Slowbro, and replace Bronzong with Metagross, but then you lose your EQ resist so it's probably best that you keep on using Bronzong unless you find a better pokemon the can be a good switch in for EQ + Fighting attacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)