Exactly what Egg moves comboes would change because of our CAP pokemon?

Yes, I am well aware that we are not going to include these changes. Why not is a question that comes to mind. If Game Freak made a pokemon that allowed HypnoPlotting Crobat and such, we would adjust to that change.

Here is exactly what changes our new pokemon bring into the game;

Syclant:
-Bug Egg group:
- Possibly Bug Buzz + Counter Scyther/Scizor, but I'm fairly certain this is do-able from ADV tutor.
Revenankh:
-Indeterminate Egg Group: None
- I stopped around halfway through due to the huge movepool of this group (ie; Gengar, Dusknoir, Gardevoir, Weezing). There Egg moves overlap a ton.
-Humanshape Egg Group
- Sableye gets Moonlight + Nasty Plot.
Pyroak:
-Monster Egg Group: None
-Dragon Egg Group: None

I would advise to allow Sableye, and suggest that we just realize what we are doing when making Egg moves.

Keep in mind I skimmed near the end due to a lighting storm approching my house, but I do believe I got the only Egg move combo that we just made.

We already decided that CAP pokemon won't be able to breed with previous Pokemon, for now at least. It's somewhere in the Simple Question thread.

We already decided that CAP pokemon won't be able to breed with previous Pokemon, for now at least. It's somewhere in the Simple Question thread.
*As males <_<______>_>

(In before someone might randomly question CaP Pokemon getting egg moves.)

"I am well aware that we are not going to include these changes. Why not is a question that comes to mind."

I know that. I assumed the reason we were not going to was because we were afraid of breaking pokemon by giving them excellent Egg move comboes that they couldn't get before.

I was just trying to hare the fact that we have done no such thing so far, and I think we can work to not do so in the future.

It's more we said anything we do won't affect older pokemon. As in, none of them will get new abilities, moves, or have their movepools modified. It's not because of brokenness, really, its more so that we resemble OU as much as possible.

(I found that part of your post after I posted.)

We aren't changing a game mechanic (movepools and Egg move combinations are not the same thing). And trying to resemble OU as much as possible is silly when the pokemon we are creating have shaken things up so much.

I'm not suggesting we make CAP [insert number here] allow us to breed Belly Drum + Aqua Jet Azumarills. I'm suggesting we allow what a pokemon should normally do (pass on Egg moves) and make sure we do it right. To me, that's part of the pokemon. But I am not the CAP community, am I?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wouldn't mind allowing Lanturn to use Psybeam + Amnesia, but I wouldn't make a CAP pokemon specifically to do that.

the only thing is, that opens up stuff like modifying movepools. In the original policy thread, X-Act brought that up, but we decided against it so that all the old Pokemon would have the same movepool (and therefore sets) in both the CAP server and any normal server. It's so that the CAP server is more accessible.

I know what you are saying won't really change anything, but its better to exclude the useless changes than allow changes and possibly make larger ones.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah, I had suggested to change movepools as well (actually I suggested to just remove moves from the too-good Pokemon instead of adding moves to others), but it wasn't heeded. I doubt that this one would be heeded as a consequence I'm afraid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)