Gen 6 Evolve (PH, 100th Post)

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
Yo, I'm LOrd Fernado, an OM player and Pet Mods contributor who just started competitive.

Teambuilding:
This team is based off the Imagine Dragons' Album: Evolve
:chansey::unown::unown::unown::unown::unown:
I can never choose anything to save my life, so I randomly generated a Pokemon from the PH setpedia, and I got Prankster Chansey.

:chansey::mewtwo-mega-y::unown::unown::unown::unown:
Next was my Huge Power, and I particularly chose MMY over MMX because of its higher speed tier

:chansey::mewtwo-mega-y::slaking::unown::unown::unown:
I chose Slaking because of it's lack of weaknesses, but I wanted to make it my passive WG that would safely pivot in other members and clear hazards and status.

:chansey::mewtwo-mega-y::slaking::rayquaza-mega::unown::unown:
Now for my Mold Breaker, Pdon is obvious choice to make, however, I decided to make it an Mray because of its versatility between physical and special options.

:chansey::mewtwo-mega-y::slaking::rayquaza-mega::kyurem-black::unown:
My revenge killer was going to be none other than an -Ate user, as its access to priority helped out my team. I settled for Kyurem-Black, due to its strong STAB in Ice and large attack stat of 170.

:chansey::mewtwo-mega-y::slaking::rayquaza-mega::kyurem-black::xerneas:
Last but not least, my Shell Smash sweeper; Xerneas. It does Xerneas things.

:sv/chansey:
Rise Up (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Encore
- Will-O-Wisp
- Baton Pass
- Recover
It will Rise Up like a Jigglypuff. As mentioned before, I can never choose anything to save my life, so I randomly got Prankster Chansey. Despite this thing being passive, it has good bulk and a good typing in Normal, being able to lock opponents in with Encore and pivot out with Baton Pass into teamamtes like Xern and Mray. Will-O-Wisp is to cripple physical attacker that would threaten it out and Recover is to heal up damage taken.

:sv/mewtwo-mega-y:
Believer (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sacred Fire
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
He was a Believer towards his existence. I ran Huge Power MMY because of it's higher speed tier and not having as much weaknesses as MMY. LO helps with bonus power and with versatility of moves. KOff is for any ghosts such as Mgar and non Spore-Giratina, Sacred Fire for Steels and Bugs (or maybe both), Arrows for WG Balloons and ESpeed for picking on non WG Shell Smash sweepers.

:sv/slaking:
Yesterday (Slaking) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Wonder Guard
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Wish
- U-turn
- Defog
- Aromatherapy
He wasn't passive Yesterday. Slaking is one of the best WG's due to it's lack of weaknesses and good bulk. This mon is our cleric, defogger, wishpasser and pivoter. Slaking is a key member of our team as a passive WG, blocking Spores from Giratina and bringing in weaker teammates such as Xerneas, K-Black and Mray.

:sv/rayquaza-mega:
Thunder (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Oblivion Wing
- Secret Sword
- Volt Switch
He hits like Thunder. The Mold Breaker of the squad, I decided to make it a special attacker as Mray has a lot of versatility, having capabilities as a Gale Wings killer, Aerilate, or Mbreaker. I ran a special set, as all my Pokemon were either physical or passive. Mray also has access to Secret Sword which catches speciall walls such as Chansey and Blissey off guard. I ran Draco Meteor just to nuke things that weren't fairy or steel with Choice Specs, Oblivion Wing for recovery and 100% accuracy and Volt Switch for pivoting.

:sv/kyurem-black:
MouthOfTheRiver (Kyurem-Black) @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Naughty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Freeze-Dry
- Stealth Rock
Bro looks like a shark at the Mouth Of The River. My -Ate user was none other than Kyurem-Black, due to it having the highest attacking stat for -Ate users and its ability to threaten Mray and Shell Smash Pdon. There is also personal bias towards choosing K-Black, as it is one of my favourite Pokemon in general and adding in my team was almost neccesary in my opinion.

:sv/xerneas:
StartOver (Xerneas) @ Iron Plate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Thousand Arrows
- Gastro Acid
Xerneas Shell Smashing can really make your train of thought Start Over. The final member of our team, Xerneas is really powerful in its own right, and is almost compulsory on any team. I made the Xerneas a mixed attacker like K-Black, but focused more of its stats in Sp.Atk as it was what the team needed. Shell Smash is an incredibly dangerous set-up moves, Judgement + Iron Plate counters other Xerneas', Gastro Acid so that Xerneas could set-up without Mbreakers interrupting it or to hit WGs and Thousand Arrows because I hate WG Balloons

Threatlist:
:groudon-primal:
Mold Breaker and Shadow Tag variants are extremely threatening as they are immune to Chansey's Will-O-Wisp and there isn't any reliable moves apart from MMY that can threaten it.
:giratina:
This Pokemon, if it is a Prankster variant, is extremely threating with Dark Void/Spore, with Slaking being the only viable option to block Spore.
:mewtwo-mega-y::mewtwo-mega-x:

If K-Black has fainted, these Pokemon are extremely threatening with their access to priority and hard hitting.​

Last edited:
This is a pretty interesting team, I think. I may have played against it? I'm not really sure, but I do have a few things to say about it regardless.

Prankster Chansey is a very interesting choice! Even if it was chosen randomly from the setpedia, it's still not something you see very often. I imagine it is a very good check to Oblivion Wing Mega Rayquaza. I do think the set itself is a little odd, though. Baton Pass is rarely needed, and moves like Destiny Bond, Glare, or even Stealth Rock seem preferable to me, though it does let you escape Mega Gyarados' Pursuit and Shadow Tag users, which is great. Additionally, I think it would be better to invest in special defense rather than physical defense, as checking special Mold Breaker users is usually more important than the extra physical bulk, which doesn't help it out against the tier's strong physical attackers anyway. Using Blissey over Chansey with items like Safety Goggles and Shed Shell could also be worth looking in to.

If you are going to use a Huge Power user with a higher speed tier than MMX, use Deoxys-Attack imo. Not only does it outpace Mega Beedrill, but it can also run mixed coverage if needed, to help break through Pokemon like Giratina. Extreme Speed also seems unnecessary, you have an -Ate speed user in the back. I would personally run another coverage move.

Use Parting Shot over U-turn on Slaking, thank me later.

OOOOOOOH A SPECS RAYQUAZA. I like this. I don't have any complaints about this, it looks solid to me. Maybe you could afford to run modest? Most Mega Rayquaza don't have full speed investment so you'd likely outspeed them anyway, and the power boost might be worth it. I don't know any calcs off the top of my head, though.

Use. Diancie. Kyurem-Black is completely not worth using when you have Pixilate Mega Diancie. Its typing is just so much better, offensively and defensively. Fairy is amazing. Use it, you will not regret it.

Ooooooh what a throwback. It's been a while since I've seen this set. It looks solid enough, but Steel + Ground coverage isn't that potent in the current metagame, I'd consider using different coverage or even a different Pokemon for this.

Yeah this team super super struggles against Primal Groudon, I don't see any way you don't autolose to it. You could use Prankster Giratina over Prankster Chansey or Huge Power Mega Gyarados over Kyurem Black, but even then it would be rough. I would also add Mega Beedrill to the threatlist, this team gets stomped by it, it's insane. Using Deo-A over MMY would help, as I said above. You could even use Gale Wing Mega Rayquaza over Kyurem Black if you wanted to.

It looks like a decent enough team, could probably get you decently far on the ladder. It's really interesting, though. Great job!

Yo, I'm LOrd Fernado, an OM player and Pet Mods contributor who just started competitive.

Teambuilding:
This team is based off the Imagine Dragons' Album: Evolve
:chansey::unown::unown::unown::unown::unown:
I can never choose anything to save my life, so I randomly generated a Pokemon from the PH setpedia, and I got Prankster Chansey.

:chansey::mewtwo-mega-y::unown::unown::unown::unown:
Next was my Huge Power, and I particularly chose MMY over MMX because of its higher speed tier

:chansey::mewtwo-mega-y::slaking::unown::unown::unown:
I chose Slaking because of it's lack of weaknesses, but I wanted to make it my passive WG that would safely pivot in other members and clear hazards and status.

:chansey::mewtwo-mega-y::slaking::rayquaza-mega::unown::unown:
Now for my Mold Breaker, Pdon is obvious choice to make, however, I decided to make it an Mray because of its versatility between physical and special options.

:chansey::mewtwo-mega-y::slaking::rayquaza-mega::kyurem-black::unown:
My revenge killer was going to be none other than an -Ate user, as its access to priority helped out my team. I settled for Kyurem-Black, due to its strong STAB in Ice and large attack stat of 170.

:chansey::mewtwo-mega-y::slaking::rayquaza-mega::kyurem-black::xerneas:
Last but not least, my Shell Smash sweeper; Xerneas. It does Xerneas things.

:sv/chansey:
Rise Up (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Encore
- Will-O-Wisp
- Baton Pass
- Recover
It will Rise Up like a Jigglypuff. As mentioned before, I can never choose anything to save my life, so I randomly got Prankster Chansey. Despite this thing being passive, it has good bulk and a good typing in Normal, being able to lock opponents in with Encore and pivot out with Baton Pass into teamamtes like Xern and Mray. Will-O-Wisp is to cripple physical attacker that would threaten it out and Recover is to heal up damage taken.

:sv/mewtwo-mega-y:
Believer (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sacred Fire
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
He was a Believer towards his existence. I ran Huge Power MMY because of it's higher speed tier and not having as much weaknesses as MMY. LO helps with bonus power and with versatility of moves. KOff is for any ghosts such as Mgar and non Spore-Giratina, Sacred Fire for Steels and Bugs (or maybe both), Arrows for WG Balloons and ESpeed for picking on non WG Shell Smash sweepers.

:sv/slaking:
Yesterday (Slaking) @ Safety Goggles
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Wish
- U-turn
- Defog
- Aromatherapy
He wasn't passive Yesterday. Slaking is one of the best WG's due to it's lack of weaknesses and good bulk. This mon is our cleric, defogger, wishpasser and pivoter. Slaking is a key member of our team as a passive WG, blocking Spores from Giratina and bringing in weaker teammates such as Xerneas, K-Black and Mray.

:sv/rayquaza-mega:
Thunder (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Oblivion Wing
- Secret Sword
- Volt Switch
He hits like Thunder. The Mold Breaker of the squad, I decided to make it a special attacker as Mray has a lot of versatility, having capabilities as a Gale Wings killer, Aerilate, or Mbreaker. I ran a special set, as all my Pokemon were either physical or passive. Mray also has access to Secret Sword which catches speciall walls such as Chansey and Blissey off guard. I ran Draco Meteor just to nuke things that weren't fairy or steel with Choice Specs, Oblivion Wing for recovery and 100% accuracy and Volt Switch for pivoting.

:sv/kyurem-black:
MouthOfTheRiver (Kyurem-Black) @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Naughty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Freeze-Dry
- Stealth Rock
Bro looks like a shark at the Mouth Of The River. My -Ate user was none other than Kyurem-Black, due to it having the highest attacking stat for -Ate users and its ability to threaten Mray and Shell Smash Pdon. There is also personal bias towards choosing K-Black, as it is one of my favourite Pokemon in general and adding in my team was almost neccesary in my opinion.

:sv/xerneas:
StartOver (Xerneas) @ Iron Plate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Thousand Arrows
- Gastro Acid
Xerneas Shell Smashing can really make your train of thought Start Over. The final member of our team, Xerneas is really powerful in its own right, and is almost compulsory on any team. I made the Xerneas a mixed attacker like K-Black, but focused more of its stats in Sp.Atk as it was what the team needed. Shell Smash is an incredibly dangerous set-up moves, Judgement + Iron Plate counters other Xerneas', Gastro Acid so that Xerneas could set-up without Mbreakers interrupting it or to hit WGs and Thousand Arrows because I hate WG Balloons

Threatlist:
:groudon-primal:
Mold Breaker and Shadow Tag variants are extremely threatening as they are immune to Chansey's Will-O-Wisp and there isn't any reliable moves apart from MMY that can threaten it.
:giratina:
This Pokemon, if it is a Prankster variant, is extremely threating with Dark Void/Spore, with Slaking being the only viable option to block Spore.
:mewtwo-mega-y::mewtwo-mega-x:

If K-Black has fainted, these Pokemon are extremely threatening with their access to priority and hard hitting.​
Cool idea, but idk if i like the Kyurem black pick here honestly. Feel like that slot could be something else. Great idea tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)