Eviolite

If it walls even better than Blissey, it'll be OU. Unfortunately, it's stuck with Seismic Toss, since Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt do nothing from THAT Sp. Attack. That makes it a bit predictable, and Gengar eats it for breakfast.

This item is awesome. Porygon2 desperately needed this. Chansey is still somewhat outclassed, but it'll dominate UU more. Dusclops also got a huge boost.

We need more items like this.
An Evolution Stone equivalent that raises Attack and Sp.Attack by 1.5? yes please..

seriously though, this item alone makes a lot of NFE see the light of competitive battling, which was impossible in previous Gen (e.g. Dusclops, Tangela), etc

porygon 2 is arguably the best user of the item though.

You've obviously never fought Dusclops before.
Oh man don't remember me that

I fought a Dusclops with E stone today

My team has no burn receiver besides Xatu, who died early, so that affected the outcome too, but the point it's that the jerk took a critical hit night slash from adamant scyther, bug bite +2 from scizor (I forgot ghost resisted bug though) and I dont know how many other hits

That guy just refuses to die

Oh man don't remember me that

I fought a Dusclops with E stone today

My team has no burn receiver besides Xatu, who died early, so that affected the outcome too, but the point it's that the jerk took a critical hit night slash from adamant scyther, bug bite +2 from scizor (I forgot ghost resisted bug though) and I dont know how many other hits

That guy just refuses to die
Yep, and that's all it does. It's like Cresselia in that way. It just sits there. It might burn a Pokemon, but it will get shut down by basically any Fire-type, any special attacker, and it is destroyed by walls/tanks with Toxic. Pain Split is shit and relies too heavily on prediction, something stall teams do not enjoy considering he needs his health replenished. It's also a burden to run Dusclops or Chansey because they don't get Lefties recovery, and Sand is useful for the extra damage and changing the weather against Rain/Sun teams who might otherwise power through your team.

I'd like to know the set people are running with Dusclops because honestly it's underwhelming. Pain Split/Will-O-Wisp/Night Shade/Disable? Disable is really the only selling point, imo, capable of "phazing" and racking up more residual damage.

Yep, and that's all it does. It's like Cresselia in that way. It just sits there. It might burn a Pokemon, but it will get shut down by basically any Fire-type, any special attacker, and it is destroyed by walls/tanks with Toxic. Pain Split is shit and relies too heavily on prediction, something stall teams do not enjoy considering he needs his health replenished. It's also a burden to run Dusclops or Chansey because they don't get Lefties recovery, and Sand is useful for the extra damage and changing the weather against Rain/Sun teams who might otherwise power through your team.

I'd like to know the set people are running with Dusclops because honestly it's underwhelming. Pain Split/Will-O-Wisp/Night Shade/Disable? Disable is really the only selling point, imo, capable of "phazing" and racking up more residual damage.
I belive the set of that dusclops was WoW, S toss, Rest and I dont know what else

I belive the set of that dusclops was WoW, S toss, Rest and I dont know what else
Probably Sleep Talk, which makes more sense than what I suggested. That set has problems with SubSplit Gengar, who I don't like to lose to at all considering it wrecks stall, but I supposed you could run Night Shade instead.

I really really fear Porygon2 with this item. It's basically impossible to OHKO and with Porygon2's diverse special movepool it's generally able to net a kill or two.

My best bet against it is to Leech Seed stall with Nattorei (Gyro Ball doesn't do much to the slow duck) until it dies.

Tentacruel is also a pretty good way to deal with it, it doesn't worry about Thunderbolt too much (but you should always have Leech Seed set up for more recovery) and can spam Boiling Water until Porygon2 gets burned and dies of Burn damage.

That said, there are other good users of this item e.g. Dusclops whose low HP and Pain Split + Curse are a big pain in the ass for opposing defensive Pokemon. Chansey IMO is pretty overhyped as it still dies to most physical attacks, not mentioning the fact that its only viable attacking move is Seismic Toss. It's also EvoDusclops fodder, as it can easily stall with Pain Split + burn damage to kill the pink blob. Of course, the extra physical defense is always a boon which can turn a tight battle around but Chansey still doesn't like facing physical attackers.

While Chansey DOES take hits better it sucks itself from lack of Lefties. However with this she is likely going to get banned from UU since the Pokes there don't have the sheer attacking force of OU, making her walling job significantly easier.

Would Electabuzz be a good choice?
Its faster than elecvire with 105 speed and has higher special Defense. Its special attack is the same (95) and it has 83 Atk. Its defense is pretty low at 57 but the stone could boost that. It would be a speedy bulky mixed attacker. Weaker physically than electvire but capable of taking a hit. It also gets Vital Spirit to avoid sleep.

It also can use volt change to scout like Scyther or go on the offensive with Thunder Bolt/HP Ice/ Cross Chop/ Sub?

Any ideas? What do you all think?

(Edit)
Magmar could be used to a similar effect. Maybe with Bellydrum and salac or nitro charge? Using the bulk added with the stone to survive an extra hit? I think Charizard would do the belly drum set better though.

breh

強いだね

His opponent was doing it wrong. Dusclops is best used in Trick room as a better-typed alternative to P2.

Pain Split is really far from bad at all and I don't see why you seem to dislike it so much. Also do not underestimate the power of bulk+Night Shade. With my old TR team, I frequently had Night shade sweeps, absurd as that sounds. 100 damage is a lot; sure as hell a lot more than Cress can do. To put it simply, nobody every complained about Chansey's offensive skill in UU (except against those immune to it (which is really irrelevant with Night Shade as Chansey/Blissey and P2 are the only normal types in the tier))

Has Shelgon been mentioned? He gets up to flippin' 150 base Def and 90 Spdef with this, plus the same HP as Skarmory, and since he has so few common weaknesses he's probably a decent alternative.

Has Shelgon been mentioned? He gets up to flippin' 150 base Def and 90 Spdef with this, plus the same HP as Skarmory, and since he has so few common weaknesses he's probably a decent alternative.
Yes, but as a restalk dder. I was going to try to make a general wall set with him, with wish/protect/dragon tail/toxic... but then I learned he doesn't get dragon tail :pirate:

So you could go dragon claw and either roar or toxic. or drop dragon claw for both roar and toxic. Or be risky and drop protect to run all 3.

Skarm's probably better though, thanks to spikes.

Has anyone tried Dragonair? It's another one of those 'shed skin' healers but with pretty nice resistences, great movepool and only two (though admittedly common) weaknesses.

And no Roost for healing. Dragonite boasts more power and probably more bulk as well, facturing Multiscale. Status-Healing alone isn´t enough of an advantage if you ask me.

Having no 4x weakness is nice tough, especially with those resistances the Dragon type has. STalk+Dragon Tail I´d say, but then again Shed Skin is only in the way. Marvel Scale would work amazingly well with STalk but DW Dragonair can´t get it. Makes me clench my theeth really. It sounded nice.

EDIT: Never mind. Tried Shed Skin+Rest and it works nicely on Zuruzukin. Dragonair might be worth a shot.

This might've been said a long time ago but is this stone will be allowed in Little Cup play? I could see this causing all kinds of problems, being the most-used item even compared to sweeping items like LO and Choice items.

This might've been said a long time ago but is this stone will be allowed in Little Cup play? I could see this causing all kinds of problems, being the most-used item even compared to sweeping items like LO and Choice items.
Being Suspect tested. Go to the Little Cup Subforum and click the suspect thread for more information.

Has anyone tried Dragonair? It's another one of those 'shed skin' healers but with pretty nice resistences, great movepool and only two (though admittedly common) weaknesses.
There's a problem with that. It starts with "Natt" and ends with "orei," and all sweepers with such a problem...have a serious problem there.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Dragonair, iirc, is less bulky than Dragonite even with Evo Stone. And while Pure Dragon typing sounds good on paper, it's the secondary typing's resistances/immunities that make Dragons what they're known to be. I mean take a look at Kurimugan. A Pure Dragon with Outrage, Superpower, Rock Slide, 83 Power Fire Fang, AND Glare with decent bulk. Yeah, it's a good Dragon, but pure Dragon typing puts it at a disadvantage for a team slot. (that and speed)

I want to know if anyone has looked into Togetic?
It has Roost, Nasty Plot, and Baton Pass
442 Def (Max EVs & Bold w/ Evo Stone) 309 Def minimum neutral nature
508 Sp.Def (Max EVs & Calm w/ Evo Stone) 369 Sp.Def minimum neutral nature

A Nasty Plot Passer set could be pretty scary if used right. Those Porygon2 Stats, minus HP which is 314 max, with the ability to Baton Pass full-fledged Nasty Plots, Roost, and pretty much always go last so the receiving Pokemon never takes damage. Like this is purely Theorymon here, but this, on paper, has a lot of promise.
And it really sets itself appart being a bulky Pokemon able to pass Nasty Plots. Not just Calm Minds. Nasty Plots. In 2 turns you can have a sweeper. And 2 turns, when you're talking about 'that' kind of bulk, isn't asking all that much.

That's all I've got to add to this stone of chaos. I'd like to see how a team using Togetic would turn out.

Has anyone tried Piloswine? It has the same defences as Mamoswine and got thick fat this generation. With the boost of evolution stone it should be capable of using curse in a good fashion compared to mamoswine. Sadly rest is it's only recovery.

Dragonair, iirc, is less bulky than Dragonite even with Evo Stone. And while Pure Dragon typing sounds good on paper, it's the secondary typing's resistances/immunities that make Dragons what they're known to be. I mean take a look at Kurimugan. A Pure Dragon with Outrage, Superpower, Rock Slide, 83 Power Fire Fang, AND Glare with decent bulk. Yeah, it's a good Dragon, but pure Dragon typing puts it at a disadvantage for a team slot. (that and speed)

I want to know if anyone has looked into Togetic?
It has Roost, Nasty Plot, and Baton Pass
442 Def (Max EVs & Bold w/ Evo Stone) 309 Def minimum neutral nature
508 Sp.Def (Max EVs & Calm w/ Evo Stone) 369 Sp.Def minimum neutral nature

A Nasty Plot Passer set could be pretty scary if used right. Those Porygon2 Stats, minus HP which is 314 max, with the ability to Baton Pass full-fledged Nasty Plots, Roost, and pretty much always go last so the receiving Pokemon never takes damage. Like this is purely Theorymon here, but this, on paper, has a lot of promise.
And it really sets itself appart being a bulky Pokemon able to pass Nasty Plots. Not just Calm Minds. Nasty Plots. In 2 turns you can have a sweeper. And 2 turns, when you're talking about 'that' kind of bulk, isn't asking all that much.

That's all I've got to add to this stone of chaos. I'd like to see how a team using Togetic would turn out.
Replaced my Porygon2 lead with it just for a quick test, as I reasoned it would be easy to get the NP whilst the opposing lead was putting up SR. I ended up going with a sub + NP passing set. Played two games with it, first one I got the sub up and then when I NP'd I got Taunt'd by lead Azelf. Got owned after that... stupid focus sashes. Second game I got the sub up, then used NP as they switched in Blissey, then BP'd to my subsplit Gengar who proceeded to sweep the whole team. Would've died before the last KO not quite making it a 6-0, but goddayum. In fairness though, I did win a speedtie for the second KO, so if I'd lost that it wouldn't have worked nearly as well. So clearly, using this as a lead wasn't the best idea due to revenge killers, but I was just seeing if Togetic was viable and it definitely is.

sry hhjj, when im writing this i dont have access to the thing that can tell me there stats (sry, maybe l8r) , but 1 thing i recently tried out it Misdreavus

Misdreavus@evolution stone Bold nature 252 hp/something defenses (around 320 after evo stone

Pain split
Perish song
Mean look
Destiny bond

believe it or not, it worked in UBER LEVEL (I killed legendaries, dragonites, genesects, etc. with it)

how it worked: Its a BULKY MISDREAVUS, i use perish song, then mean look, if it has low hp i use pain split (for healing) and if its gonna die i use destiny bond (if not for anything else, for stopping them from killing me, but usually it just kills them) and since its bulky, it can take hits (like dragonite's outrage) and so i keep singing, switching and they keep dying and dying, the only flaw is if someone somehow managed to get a pokemon with STAB shadow ball or something with max EVs, nature and all of that, maybe even choice specs

-awesome misdreavus-

breh

強いだね
sry hhjj, when im writing this i dont have access to the thing that can tell me there stats (sry, maybe l8r) , but 1 thing i recently tried out it Misdreavus

Misdreavus@evolution stone Bold nature 252 hp/something defenses (around 320 after evo stone

Pain split
Perish song
Mean look
Destiny bond

believe it or not, it worked in UBER LEVEL (I killed legendaries, dragonites, genesects, etc. with it)

how it worked: Its a BULKY MISDREAVUS, i use perish song, then mean look, if it has low hp i use pain split (for healing) and if its gonna die i use destiny bond (if not for anything else, for stopping them from killing me, but usually it just kills them) and since its bulky, it can take hits (like dragonite's outrage) and so i keep singing, switching and they keep dying and dying, the only flaw is if someone somehow managed to get a pokemon with STAB shadow ball or something with max EVs, nature and all of that, maybe even choice specs

-awesome misdreavus-
One of the most interesting sets I've seen here. I'd enjoy logs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)