Entei Finally Get's a Chance to Shine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried using Entei once, and no matter how I used it, it was crap. Flare Blitz probably won't make a difference.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Don't be so narrow-minded. Entei isn't bad as it is now, but it doesn't have enough to offer over Moltres, Arcanine, or Houndoom to be worth a slot. Flare Blitz might very well change that, as with a strong STAB move to compliment that nice base 115 attack of his, you'll think twice about switching in on him.

Added to the fact that he's faster than his fellow Fire types and most of UU in general, Flare Blitz could very well tip the scales in his favor. All we have to do is wait and see.

I've been using the Mix Entei set with Life Orb and its been doing well. It can actually survive some super effective attacks after a Calm Mind boost and 2HKO Pokemon like Milotic. Its especially good when you pair it up with Pokemon who share the same counters such as Azumarill and Moltres.

Not too excited about Flare Blitz because I think the Mixed CM set is great already but only time will tell.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Basically, the only role Entei can play that Arcanine or another fire-type doesn't is a special-wall-busting Calm Minder. Flare Blitz can be used to dent Chansey there.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright pretty cute topic for a while (especially with the cute little typo)

But individual pokemon discussion topics should only really be held for potential suspects, not pokemon getting one more move, that can easily be talked about in the megathread (especially since it's only theorymon right now).

So yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)