Encore Clefable, It should be OU.

My Second Smogon rmt, the first (Rose's are skarfed, and violence is purple) is veiwable in my sig.

Alright, so Here's the line up:

Alright, now, heres the acctual team:

Change- ability means if i'm willing to change it or not. Every one will have this option, except me-sprit >_>

all suggestion changes will be bolded.

--------------
KFS, Kentucky fried swellow

---------------
Swellow @ flame orb
Jolly - 252 atk, 252 spe, 6 sp.def
Guts

- facade
- protect
- brave bird
- u-turn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: The burn orb fries it? therefore KFS, kentucky fried swellow.

description: Well, no-one really gets ready for this, everyone know what it does, but generally can't counter it. Protect + burn orb is instant guts activiation, unless someones retarded and uses fient.

change-ability: I will change it, but it is a fairly good lead.

--------------
UAO, Undentified annoying object
or

--------------
Clefable @ leftovers (maybe burn orb)
calm - 252 hp, 200 sp.def 96 def
magic guard

- seismic toss
- protect
- wish
- encore

Name: Its annoying, most people don't what its doing.... and its an object.

Description: Encore clefable. This has driven many people insane, switch in on an attack it takes, encore and switch in a pokemon that resists/ takes shit all/ is immune to it. encore + wish, means i can recover off damage while they say use counter (lol). seismic toss is a set 100 damage, but i am willing to use something else.

Change-ability: NEVER!

--------------
Bat - Crab!

--------------
Gliscor @ leftovers
impish - 252 hp, 252 def, 6 atk
hyper cutter

- stealth rock
- ice fang
- earthquake
- roost
Name: Its a bat, but it has crab claws ;D

Description: physical wall, heracross counter, sets up rocks, ect. Roost is for recovery, earthquake for stab, and coverage and AA for hera and things.

change-ability: suggestion is donphan
----------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------
The Star of the show!

--------------
Starmie @ leftovers
timid - 252 spe, 108 hp, 150 sp.atk
natural cure

- T-wave
- t-bolt
- surf
- ice beam
Name: DUH. Its a star, go figure.

Description: speed demon, with t-wave to slow things down a bit, also bulkier to maybe take a hit. ice beam + grass knot for coverage. 150 sp.atk means it can still pack a punch

Change-ability: Suggestion was celebi

--------------
Balls of steel

--------------
metagross @ choice band
adamant - 236 atk, 252 hp, 12 def, 8 spe
clear body

- meteor mash
- pursuit
- earthquake
- explosion

Name: pressuming it has balls, they're probably made of steel

Description: Cb gross, a best in itself, firing off STAB meteor mashes off of 601 atk is deadly, EQ is for coverage, explosion for an Auto-kill, and pursuit for gengar, ect.

Change-ability: not really, Cb gross is useful to this team

--------------
The Real Star

--------------
mesprit @ leftovers
modest - 78 hp, 252 sp.atk, 178 spe
levitate

- Calm mind
- psychic
- hp fighting
- ice beam

Name: well, it is the star =/

Description: Cm sprit, a slow but powerful beast of the special side of the meta-game. But wait, surely a STAB psychic off of something like 500 sp.atk would surely make up? No. So what do we do? we paralyze, encore and phaze the opponents team, making sure to kill special walls. After that mesprit can run free and rain destruction

I will add a threat list once this team has become a bit more organized.

Well yeah, aim of the game is too mess them up, Sr, phazing & paralysis softens them up, then i sweep ;)

Firstly, props for using swellow :)
-On swellow i would suggest you not using Pursuit since Gengars etc won't really switch out from you and if you ever face one you have Metagross ready to pursuit them alive, and use Roost instead for restoring the burn damage, that way you are not just a suicide bird either .

-Since you said that you don't want that Clefable to change i have nothing to add, if i were you i would go Leftovers > Burn orb since it is your special wall .

-Give that Gliscor Ice fang now, since no Heracross user will leave his pokemon to Gliscor .

-Starmie needs Spin, otherwise Swellow can't switch-in more than 2 times since burn + SR will bring it down quickly . Another reason why i suggested roost on him . You could replace Ice Beam or Surf for it.

-CB Gross = The best Metagross. I like it bulky aswell to take those Shadow balls from gengar and then pursuit them to hell .

-HP Fight on Mesprit over say Thunderbolt (Psychic already does enough to Gyarados) to fix a bit your TTar weak .

As of now your team is CB Tar and DDTar weak . CB Crunches will wear down Gliscor while most TTars carry Ice beam with them aswell . Donphan over Gliscor could semi-solve this problem with the additional add-on that he has Spin, meaning your starmie is free to use the moveset you have for him .
Replacing Starmie for Celebi would be a good option aswell, since it has thunder wave and can u turn away from Tyranitar to say Metagross or just pass subs around since your team greatly benefits from this .

My Second Smogon rmt, the first (Rose's are skarfed, and violence is purple) is veiwable in my sig.

Alright, so Here's the line up:

Alright, now, heres the acctual team:

Change- ability means if i'm willing to change it or not. Every one will have this option, except me-sprit >_>

--------------
KFS, Kentucky fried swellow

---------------
Swellow @ flame orb
Jolly - 252 atk, 252 spe, 6 sp.def
Guts

- facade
- protect
- brave bird
- pursuit

Name: The burn orb fries it? therefore KFS, kentucky fried swellow.

description: Well, no-one really gets ready for this, everyone know what it does, but generally can't counter it. Protect + burn orb is instant guts activiation, unless someones retarded and uses fient.

change-ability: I will change it, but it is a fairly good lead.

I Love Him! Maybe U- Turn over Pursuit..

--------------
UAO, Undentified annoying object
or

--------------
Clefable @ leftovers (maybe burn orb)
calm - 252 hp, 200 sp.def 96 def
magic guard

- seismic toss
- protect
- wish
- encore

Name: Its annoying, most people don't what its doing.... and its an object.

Description: Encore clefable. This has driven many people insane, switch in on an attack it takes, encore and switch in a pokemon that resists/ takes shit all/ is immune to it. encore + wish, means i can recover off damage while they say use counter (lol). seismic toss is a set 100 damage, but i am willing to use something else.

Change-ability: NEVER!

Okay..... I've never fought a Clefable before, so i don't rate it, but it seems fine.

--------------
Bat - Crab!

--------------
Gliscor @ leftovers
impish - 252 hp, 252 def, 6 atk
hyper cutter

- stealth rock
- aerial ace
- earthquake
- roost
Name: Its a bat, but it has crab claws ;D

Description: physical wall, heracross counter, sets up rocks, ect. Roost is for recovery, earthquake for stab, and coverage and AA for hera and things.

change-ability: maybe.
Okay
----------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------
The Star of the show!

--------------
Starmie @ leftovers
timid - 252 spe, 108 hp, 150 sp.atk
natural cure

- T-wave
- grass knot
- surf
- ice beam
Name: DUH. Its a star, go figure.

Description: speed demon, with t-wave to slow things down a bit, also bulkier to maybe take a hit. Surf + ice beam + grass knot for coverage. 150 sp.atk means it can still pack a punch

Change-ability: maybe
If you change his ability, i say you're a fool! Natural Cure is a really good ability, and illumite (other ability) isn't having any effect in battle! And take T- Bolt over Grass Knot, You may want to give him Recover too....

--------------
Balls of steel

--------------
metagross @ choice band
adamant - 236 atk, 252 hp, 12 def, 8 spe
clear body

- meteor mash
- pursuit
- earthquake
- explosion

Name: pressuming it has balls, they're probably made of steel

Description: Cb gross, a best in itself, firing off STAB meteor mashes off of 601 atk is deadly, EQ is for coverage, explosion for an Auto-kill, and pursuit for gengar, ect.

Change-ability: not really, Cb gross is useful to this team

CBGross POWNS ^^ Really good set!

--------------
The Real Star

--------------
mesprit @ leftovers
modest - 78 hp, 252 sp.atk, 178 spe
levitate

- Calm mind
- psychic
- thunderbolt
- ice beam

Name: well, it is the star =/

Description: Cm sprit, a slow but powerful beast of the special side of the meta-game. But wait, surely a STAB psychic off of something like 500 sp.atk would surely make up? No. So what do we do? we paralyze, encore and phaze the opponents team, making sure to kill special walls. After that mesprit can run free and rain destruction

Nice...

I will add a threat list once this team has become a bit more organized.

Well yeah, aim of the game is too mess them up, Sr, phazing & paralysis softens them up, then i sweep ;)
Where have you found those Item Sprites, i've been searching for them very long!

DM @ PE2K, if you'd like a link i can pm you.

Asthamos (sorry) @ celebi > starmie, donphan > gliscor?

hmmm, donphan can set up rocks/ spin, so he's just as useful, idk about celebi though.

My suggestions are few but I'd just like to second somethings...

U-turn is great on Swellow, I don't really know when you are going to have the time to Roost? As they switch? I guess but then you are on the defensive having to switch something into their counters.

You can heal it regardless with Wish-passes from Clefable! U-turn > Roost for sure.

CBgross is such a beast.

Just a crazy idea hear...but why not use calm mind Uxie over Mespirit? While mespirit does hit harder, Uxie is a lot faster...and once you get a calm mind or two in it won't really be that big a deal. Same moveset. This is a crazy idea but just something to look into because of the speed difference, you really only have one poke spamming t-waves so who knows how much paralysis you'll really spread.

The tier limbo this team has going on is cool, but...Nasty Plot Azelf makes way more sense for sweeping then Uxie/Mespirit do.

For Starmie I would run thunderbolt > grass knot just as some insurance against a + 1 dragon danced 'dos. I would figure out what the minimum evs needed to OHKO the dragons w/ice beam and 'dos with thunderbolt, run that number and pump the rest into HP.

Gliscor, 'Gross and Swellow are very reliable and do their jobs well.

I've also faced that Clefable set before on Shoddy and I've wanted to kill myself. It's truly great and truly pisses people off with it's staying power.

Good team Kenshin, you definitely have a solid base going, slight tweaks and testing should perfect it.

Thanks Tuskate, ^^

i'll think into NP azelf, its an idea i'm willing to test.

i'll also look into Starmie's Evs.

For Swellow, a strategy I like to employ with it, Instead of Protect, give it another Attacking move (Pursuit comes to mind),Then add a good sleep absorber somewhere...Something like a Guts+SleepTalking Machamp or Miltonic come to mind, depending on whether you want to add more Attack or more Wall. Swellow cant do too much with that moveset against common leads, Zong,Gyarados, ect.

I would highly recomend atleast considering giving Clefable TWave..Starmie isnt the sturdiest, and you want as many things paralyzed as possible to aid in setting up some Calm Minds with Mespirit.

You should also keep in mind that most people will switch if you Encore the correct move..giving you a free turn to TWave. Though with tha tyou may want to consider giving Gliscor Aerial Ace, because if someone brings in Heracross on TWave, he'll destroy you.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay, first off, I suggest Toxic Orb over Flame Orb. Why? You're seriously not going to stay in that long, and what would you rather have: 18% in two turns from "Toxic" or 24% in two turns from "Burn"? I'd take Toxic if I were you. If you're finding that Protect isn't necessary, I think Sleep Talk can still fit nicely in that spot to take advantage of Guts.

Starmie: I'd still consider Recover over a certain move not named Surf.

Hm, Weavile seems like a problem to go up against, since only Metagross could fend him off, but otherwise isn't a bad team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)