Elemental Gems

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist

You might've seen these things in caves from those dust clouds.

What I've understood from a translator is that these things up the power of any move of a certain type once (consumable). (Dunno what %)

I don't think this will be very useful except for maybe one move - explosion. If this thing boosts by, say, 50% then explosion will rape even defensive pokemon that can normally survive it.

Thoughts?

flying

grass

water

electric

Oh?! I found like 4 of these today while searching for my Mogryuu. In that case, it'll be mroe then help on all pokes! Increasing stab moves damage and so on. Probably a staple boosting item such as pp boosters and such, that is of course if it acts like such an item. If it acts like a berry though, I'll question it for now.

I think this will be used on something like bluffgon, which lets it boost its outrage after its done "bluffing". Other wise I would rather use something like life orb or expert belt instead. maybe in special situations

I believe these gems would power up the moves by a lot.

Precious gemstones have so often been portrayed as having mysterious and supernatural powers... like in Radiant Silvergun, as well as an old novel I didnt bother to read x)

This is pretty big, if it does indeed boost the attack by 50% for one move. Think Draco Meteor on Salamence or any of the dragons with a high special attack stat. Could be a nice use to break the pokemon stopping a sweep. This will probably be niche like Yache berry Garchomp, but we all saw how effective that was.

Although I should probably stop yammering on until we get the actual %.

EDIT: Switch in Salamence to something that's weak to it, dragon dance on their switch, Dragon Gem +1 Outrage.

This could be awesome on Archeopteryx / Archeos / whatever it's called.
It can use a double-STAB SE, and then continue to spam STAB Acrobat.

This is pretty big, if it does indeed boost the attack by 50% for one move. Think Draco Meteor on Salamence or any of the dragons with a high special attack stat. Could be a nice use to break the pokemon stopping a sweep. This will probably be niche like Yache berry Garchomp, but we all saw how effective that was.

Although I should probably stop yammering on until we get the actual %.

EDIT: Switch in Salamence to something that's weak to it, dragon dance on their switch, Dragon Gem +1 Outrage.
I think those Gems may be quite interesting on Pokemon having Harvest ability, mostly Exeggcutor. 50% more powerfull Leaf Storms coming off 125 SpA attack and thanks to Harvest you may non-stop recover those stones, making this boost permanent ;).

EDIT: Damn, so it works only on berries ? :P And someone on this forum tested Harvest and it works this way, recycling one-time use items.

I think those Gems may be quite interesting on Pokemon having Harvest ability, mostly Exeggcutor. 50% more powerfull Leaf Storms coming off 125 SpA attack and thanks to Harvest you may non-stop recover those stones, making this boost permanent ;).
Harvest only effects berries? It's not like recycle, pretty sure on that.

Seems like it's pretty safe to assume they'll be fairly powerful since they're consumables. 50% seems very likely; similar to the boost berries give, except for one attack of a specific type. I don't think they'll see too much use, because other items are going to be more useful in the long run, but there will probably some gimmick sets with gems (eg Normal Gem on a Pokémon with Explosion etc).

And yeah, Harvest is berries-only, sorry.

Even if it does boost it by 50%, why wouldn't you just go with a Choice Item if you want a lot of power? This only boosts the moves once while Choice Band/Specs boost all of your physical/special moves and stays with you. The only reasons I think this could be better than Choice Items is if you want to change attacks after you hit or activate Unburden. These items are only a 15.4% increase in power from Life Orb and get used up, so I'd much rather go with Life Orb on mixed sweepers like Salamence. IMO, there's better ways to activate Unburden like pinch berries so this doesn't seem too useful for that either.

Also, does Acrobat actually increase in power when you don't have an item? I've heard it's actually only when your opponent doesn't have an item, but the former does make more sense.

Even if it does boost it by 50%, why wouldn't you just go with a Choice Item if you want a lot of power? This only boosts the moves once while Choice Band/Specs boost all of your physical/special moves and stays with you. The only reasons I think this could be better than Choice Items is if you want to change attacks after you hit or activate Unburden. These items are only a 15.4% increase in power from Life Orb and get used up, so I'd much rather go with Life Orb on mixed sweepers like Salamence. IMO, there's better ways to activate Unburden like pinch berries so this doesn't seem too useful for that either.

Also, does Acrobat actually increase in power when you don't have an item? I've heard it's actually only when your opponent doesn't have an item, but the former does make more sense.
The only real advantage I can see would be not being locked into a move. Again, seems like this'll be a gimmick item at best (unless they turn out to be more powerful than I first thought).

Not so sure about Acrobat. This doesn't mention anything about it being affected by held items, but Serebii does say something like that. :/

Choice items aren't compatible with sets that need to set up. Of course, a Life Orb would probably still be better, but that damage can add up fast. It doesn't seem to be particularly useful, but we'll have to see. We don't even know if it really is a 1.5x boost; it could be more.

I agree that a Life Orb will still be the better choice, just because it isn't consumed. I'd rather deal more damage over several turns, then more damage over 1 turn. But it will be interesting to see how much the boost is, as any Explosion user will love this item.

I can see this being really useful on certain leads like ambipom in UU and Azelf in OU. A normal type booster would let ambi's fake out + return KO almost all of the common leads (As of now) and it would allow azelf to potentially OHKO select steels with explosion after getting rocks down.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Are those jewels held items or shit like X Attack?

Regardless, I can't see why would anyone use them instead of Choice Band. Wow great, a 50% boost to my attack... now I'm itemless. Oops.

I can see this being really useful on certain leads like ambipom in UU and Azelf in OU. A normal type booster would let ambi's fake out + return KO almost all of the common leads (As of now) and it would allow azelf to potentially OHKO select steels with explosion after getting rocks down.
Too bad Explosion sucks now as it dsnt get the Def cutting thingie.....And this thing is kinda useless if you ask me.For once 1 time use means its not going to be something like iron plate on Scizor.I suppose could work like an expert belt if it dsnt show it being used in the text.Or something like a powerful hit to overcome some kind of counter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)