SS UU Electric: Raichu-Alola SemiStall ft. pokemonisfun

How much did you enjoyed this team from 1 to 10?

• 1 (bad team and I haven't enjoyed it)

Votes: 1 7.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 15.4%

Votes: 4 30.8%

• 10 (good/fun team and I enjoyed it)

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Hey, I hope you all are doing fine.
So I'll post about my first RMT about a team I made with pokemonisfun, I hope you all like it and if you have a suggestion/constructive critize feel free to let me know, so let's start...
(Also, if it isn't obvious already, I took inspiration from many RMTers such as Pinkacross or Celebiii among many others).

✨Teambuilding Process✨
:raichu-alola: So this mon came up to my mind when I was chatting with pif, since we wanted to built something and then AloChu came up. So while it's niche is kinda specific, it's Speed Jump over Thundurus-Therian allowing it to outspeed and rkill Keldeo, Cobalion, Zarude after some chip and Nihilego (Psyshock kills Nihi) while also taking an Ice Shard from Mamoswine. As for it's niches over Azelf, well, it allows the team to not get 6-0ed by NP Togekiss and forces out Gyarados, which is a neat added plus over them, making it an actually cool option for some specific structures.
:raichu-alola::swampert::sylveon:Then pif and I came up with a bulky core (Pert + Sylv) in order to help Raichu-A to get in (Swampert) and to stay healthy throught the game (Sylveon). I made Sylveon Physical Defense since AloChu already helps against Keldeo and NP Thund-T plus it improves the Sylv MU against DD Mence, Lycanroc-Dusk and allows it to be an ok backup for Zygarde-10% if it's at full (not recommended but always worth noting) while still checking Pivot Thund-T, Special Mence, Hydreigon and SubCM Keldeo in one slot whereas Swampert is SpDef since it allows it to check NP Thund-T w/o GK (AloChu deals with it but you need a defensive check too) and Moltres with more ease.
:raichu-alola::swampert::sylveon::amoonguss:We wanted to take a more fat approach, so we decided to fit the glue aka Amoonguss, who also provides Spore support to the team, allowing Raichu-Alola to come for free in some things and even to abuse the hell out of them (plus it's Moong, so that means you check the half of the meta and you still keep some pressure with Sludge Bomb & Spore).
:Raichu-Alola::swampert::Sylveon::amoonguss::mandibuzz:Mandibuzz was slapped on there since it checks Aegislash, non-Specs Chandelure, Excadrill, Venusaur and DD Mence in one slot plus it also offers Defog support, which is needed to remove opponent's team hazzards and to keep Sylveon and Swampert healthy with more ease, as they can get pressured by hazzards, so I slapped it.

:Raichu-alola::swampert::Sylveon::Amoonguss::mandibuzz::Skarmory: Skarm is slapped in the last slot since it helps the team to keep pressure with Spikes while also helping out Mandi to check DD Mence and DD Gyara, since Mandi can have some troubles with beating them as it has heavy SpD investment (20+ Def is not enough to tank them after some chip) while also providing Whirlwind support for Reuniclus and Glowbro, making it an effective choice for this team.

✨Sets✨
alola-raichu.gif

CHOO CHOO! (Raichu-Alola) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Surge Surfer
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Knock Off
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
As I've said above, the role of this mon is being a pivot that outspeeds Coba, Nihi and Zaru who also keeps NP Kiss and Moltres (if Swamp is weakened) array, so Volt Switch is a quite self-explanatory choice here, since it helps AloChu to pivot while still doing some damage (kinda weak tho). Knock Off allows it to break through resists and to remove opponent's items such as Black Sludge Amoonguss or Heavy-Duty Boots Thundurus-Therian. Psyshock was initially Psychic but decided to change it since now you're able to KO Nihilego and now you can actually do more damage to foes such as Tentacruel, allowing it to do it's job with more consistency. Focus Blast is in last slot since it allows AloChu to hit through Zarude and Hydreigon with relative ease (they need to be kind of chipped but it can do that by itself thanks to Volt Switch + Knock Off).

pokemon-swampert.gif

stompy wompy (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- Earthquake
- Flip Turn
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
Swampert offers pivot support with Flip Turn, so it can get Raichu-Alola freely (as this mon is quite squishy) and that's what Flip Turn does basically. Earthquake helps it to hit stuff such as Cobalion, Aegislash and even Amoonguss while it also keeps up some pressure. Toxic forms an annoying combo with Stealth Rock and Flip Turn, since it can worn down many foes offensive and defensive like Mandibuzz, Mence, Azu and Umbreon (it runs Toxic way more often) plus it helps it to actually hit Moltres without risk of getting punished. Stealth Rock allows it to get Rocks in and so it can worn down many stuff (it's self-explanatory but it helps a lot to chip down stuff that annoys AloChu). It's running 28 Speed IVs as it provides slow Flip Turn but it still outspeeds Chansey.

E2h2.gif

singy thingy (Sylveon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
This mon has been quite of a controversial member of the team but we ended up keeping it since it offers Cleric Support and Wishpass to the team which is very important for Stall/Semi Stall teams. So Hyper Voice is it's attacking move and it allows it to hit through mons such as Mence and Hydreigon while also hitting through Substitutes, which is helpful against Keldeo for example. Wish allows it to keep it's teammates healthy throught the game while it's also it's recovery method in conjunction of Protect (move that also allows it to scout moves and can PP stall things long-term). Heal Bell as a last since it gives Cleric Support and keeps the team healthy from status (though be careful since it only has 8 PPs).

tumblr_mkwkb6nJWb1r1n5pqo1_500.gif

shroomy woomy (Amoonguss) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play
Yeah here we come, so I introduce y'all to the glue, Amoonguss! It will Spore all your mons.
Okay so that was a joke haha, anyways here's the explanation:
Spore allows it to sleep stuff and that's mainly it, so I'll give a little tip, due to Sleep Clause you have to be quite careful with Spore, especially now since people are finally catching up on ways to play around Spore, but yeah just a little tip. Synthesis should be the standard option imo since Giga Drain ain't hitting anything important outside of Swampert who hates Sludge Bomb poisons anyways, plus Synth is more reliable at recovering, as it always recovers 50% whereas Giga Drain is so inconsistent at recovering. Sludge Bomb allows it to keep pressure outside from Spore, as it can poison stuff such as Mence and Mandi, who are relatively common answers to the shroom. Foul Play is here since it allows it to pressure threats such as Aegislash and Jirachi, nailing them for good damage while still chunking stuff such as Drill. Ok so now I'll talk about the item (other items were pmuch self-explanatory whereas the others are more self-explanatory). So it's running Rocky Helmet to keep pressure against Zarude mainly, but it also helps against Rachi and DD Gyara.

tumblr_luk9x51buC1qfyz1jo1_500.gif

peck ur neck (Mandibuzz) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 144 SpD / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
Foul Play allows it to beat DDers and SDers such as Mence, Gyarados and the Driller while it still chips stuff such as Aegislash, which is honestly quite helpful and cool since you keep up good offensive pressure. Brave Bird is mainly to hit through Amoonguss, who can be quite threatening for the team, but it also helps against Conk if needed. Roost is our way to stay healthy throught the game and Defog helps it to keep hazzards out the field. Ok so now the interesting part, the EV Spread was made to outspeed Azumarill and SD Aegislash, to tank one Sludge Bomb from +2 Venusaur + a round of poison and rest is put into HP and Defense.

skarmory.gif

sturdy birdy (Skarmory) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
Brave Bird allows it to not be abused by the whole metagame while it still hits through Conkeldurr, as this mon is our main Conk check (but yeah it also chunks stuff such as Azelf which is cool). Spikes allows it to keep offensive pressure alongside Raichu-Alola, as AloChu loves to have ways to worn down it's checks without having to get in every time. Roost keeps it healthy and Whirlwind allows us to phaze stuff such as CM Reuniclus who can be very threatening for the team.
__
As for threats, I haven't found any big threat but be careful with Sun, as a well played Sun can actually beat out this team, but you still have Mandibuzz + Swampert to deal with sweepers and AloChu can help vs Venu outside Sun. Like pokemonisfun said CM Cune, CM Reuniclus and NP Kiss can be annoying too (manageable but be careful, against those u 100% need AloChu and Skarm alive).
--
And this is all guys! I hope u all liked it and hmu if you have any suggestion, cya!

(Also, I'd like to shoutout alkazoth Celebiii and Mystras Leoxses for their imputs on the team and I'd also like to thank the UU community and all my Smogon friends for being so kind with me, as even tho I won't mention them since they're A LOT of people, if you're a friend, you know who u are).

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Also we get owned by bulky sweepers like CM Reuniclus, CM Suicune and even NP Togekiss if it just plays around Raichu (Whilrwind Skarm generally only delays inevitable). So any advice to beat these mons would be nice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)