Elagune's Art

Not exactly a Pokemon, but I felt like drawing a person for once. This is an original character design of mine, and I'm feeling quite attached to it. Any comments?

Awesome artwork,these new pokemons rule!
I really like you artwork,can you someday write a guide and tell us what programs to use and stuff,because if you do i am your first student!

Awesome artwork,these new pokemons rule!
I really like you artwork,can you someday write a guide and tell us what programs to use and stuff,because if you do i am your first student!
Thanks, but I'm a bit too lazy to write a guide like that.

Maybe an unfinished piece of artwork might help you out a little, so you can see how I start out and what the finished piece ends up looking like. This one is still in progress.

Thanks, but I'm a bit too lazy to write a guide like that.

Maybe an unfinished piece of artwork might help you out a little, so you can see how I start out and what the finished piece ends up looking like. This one is still in progress.

Holy Sh** i love to draw,but i dont do that at all,i just draw it!

My problem is i dont know how to use editing softwares and stuff,thats my only problem!

PS:Anyone who wants Cs3,flash or whatever software PM,me,i can generate a code for you,in response the program will say error,click phone,then get me the code they gave you,ill give you another code to write,and voila ull have the full version!Did that with Cs3!

Holy Sh** i love to draw,but i dont do that at all,i just draw it!

My problem is i dont know how to use editing softwares and stuff,thats my only problem!

PS:Anyone who wants Cs3,flash or whatever software PM,me,i can generate a code for you,in response the program will say error,click phone,then get me the code they gave you,ill give you another code to write,and voila ull have the full version!Did that with Cs3!
Nevertheless, I wanted to kind of document my process step-by-step. It's kind of interesting to see what I start out with and what I will end up with. Also, I don't think it's a good idea to peddle wares on Smogon.

Second part; I cleared out some of the noise by making a new layer and then drawing what appears next on it. This way I could focus on thep principle subjects, and the Charizard and Blastoise are really starting to come out now.

Cool, Elagune! Great form on The blastoise/charizard piece so far, I'm looking forward to seeing it done.

I'm also really digging that Eevee, you got some nice chunky shapes and the coloring on it is great.

Cool, Elagune! Great form on The blastoise/charizard piece so far, I'm looking forward to seeing it done.

I'm also really digging that Eevee, you got some nice chunky shapes and the coloring on it is great.
Thanks! As for the comment about Eevee, it really means a lot to me coming from the undisputed king of Flash on these forums. It's a bit too bad the program doesn't mesh with me very well though, as your drawings prove that Flash can look great if done well.

And here is the rest of the sequence, showing bit by bit of the process.

This is the final sketch, and will provide the outline for the colours. It is a flaw of mine that the lines are so sketchy, and is something that I'm working on right now.

Here, the background has been coloured and the characters are coloured as well. You might notice that Blastoise has been shaded, although this is just because I was a little overeager and forgot to add a new layer. I'm still new to this you know, haha.

The rest of the subjects have been shaded. The piece is basically done. All that's left are a couple extras, like the flame on Charizard's tail.

FINISHED VERSION:

Speedlines, flames, and my little signature at the top right there. Hopefully this post didn't kill anybody's internet connection.

FINISHED VERSION:

Speedlines, flames, and my little signature at the top right there. Hopefully this post didn't kill anybody's internet connection.
:) Amazing stuff, especially this. I enjoyed watching the steps all the way through. Also, you should share/try out some more animation. I enjoyed the CAP one a lot.

I need an AVATAR that matches my name. I need it to look like a pokemon, a star, and a monster..

PS. pokeMONstar = pokemon / pokestar / monstar / pokemonstar

Preferrably an Evil Jirachi or staryu.. :)

Elagune: A masterful artist, with much appreciation and following. The tool that gets it done? A tablet.

*sigh* I feel so left out... everyone who's anyone that's into drawing has a tablet tool to streamline the entire process. How can someone like me armed with naught but a pencil and pen compete Q_Q

Shading with pen/pencil w/o color doesn't mean much of anything vs. colored drawings! ><

Thanks for posting the play by plays of your progress. It's always fun to see how everyone does things.

Sketchy lines isn't NECESSARILY a bad thing. It's sometimes *really* nice. Even better than nice neat linework - if you do it just right.

Which program do you use? Have you learned how to use the pen tool?

It's been a long time, Smogon forums, since I've been here. I just wanted to say that, as of the moment, I am working on another project. It's called Clans, and it's a webmanga based around a bunch of guys playing a videogame. Think of .hack, if you will, but less depressing and with more action.

http://clans-the-manga.deviantart.com/

This is the link (I don't have a hosting site yet). I hope you guys enjoy!

Too little, too late.

It's been a while since I came back on these forums, but nice to see that nothing's changed too much. Managed to miss a CAP while I was away, but other than that nothing else really happened. I'm planning on submitting artwork for CAP6, but that's still a ways away, haha.

Anyway, here's a sketchy piece involving a trainer and his Pikachu. I wonder if all Pikachu are like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)