Editing and Posting Quirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
I'm not sure why this is, but apparently when I edit a post in a thread and then try to go and write a post in that same thread without leaving the page vBulletin won't allow me to write a new post. Its not a huge problem, but when I'm working on an analysis and I edit the OP I can't post until I leave the thread and come back. This is primarily just an annoyance, but I'd still like to know if there is a way to fix this issue. It might just be something with my computer or internet explorer, but the problem has been consistent enough that I thought that someone else should know about it. If this is a known issue that simply has no easy solution I understand. However, if there were a way to fix it that would be great! Thanks for your time!

fatecrashers is cool

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
just tested it and its probably just you, interesting quirk though, internet explorer you say? is this before you save the edits or after? and are you using any plugins or addons?

editeditedit

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
just tested it and its probably just you, interesting quirk though, internet explorer you say? is this before you save the edits or after? and are you using any plugins or addons?
Yeah, I use internet explorer as my main browser. I am not using any plugins or addons. I see that you edited my OP, but have you tried this using only posts you made? That might make a difference. This occurs once I save my edits.

Ok, I just thought of something, isn't there some kind of control on the forums that prevents a normal user from making posts in quick succession in order to prevent mass trolling? vBulletin might be interpreting my edits as a "post" and therefore preventing me from making another post once I have completed my edits. As a moderator this might not affect you. I wonder if there might be some other non-authed, non-badged users who have experienced the same thing.

EDIT 1: I tested editing this post and then writing another, and it worked fine. This might only be an issue with if I edit my OP. I will continue testing.

EDIT 2: Yep, if I edit my OP at all it won't let me write a new post in the forum until I leave the thread. I just tested it in this thread.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
do note that the flood control on these forums still apply to me as well, and i know from experience that i can only make one post per 30 seconds

anyway i tried this on a thread where i am the OP, using both chrome and internet explorer, as expected, internet explorer refuses to let me post after editing and this shit windows browser is evidently the culprit in all of this

my suggestion for now is to download and install either firefox or chrome, this will not only enhance your time at smogon but also your web surfing experience in general

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
do note that the flood control on these forums still apply to me as well, and i know from experience that i can only make one post per 30 seconds

anyway i tried this on a thread where i am the OP, using both chrome and internet explorer, as expected, internet explorer refuses to let me post after editing and this shit windows browser is evidently the culprit in all of this

my suggestion for now is to download and install either firefox or chrome, this will not only enhance your time at smogon but also your web surfing experience in general
Fatecrashers- thank you for helping me out like this. It is much appreciated. I will see about using firefox and chrome. Thanks a ton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)