E3 2013 | RETR-oh no....

I don't think much of the Ouya, but props to that guy for fighting the attempts to block him out. Renting the spots in front of their rented spot to plant semis was a good coup.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
the ouya is a good concept but let's face it you're paying a hundred bucks to play iphone games on a TV. if good devs would sign on it'd be great but with the profit margins they'd be looking at that's just not plausible.

I carefully analyzed each console and their games, to find out which would suit me best, and I chose the Xbox. That used games policy? I never buy used games, and I never had to share games with my friends. Connect once every 24 hours? My Xbox 360 is always online, even when my Gold account expires. Kinect? Doesn't bother me at all. You honestly think some Microsoft guys are going to be spying on you, watching you just sit and play games? No reverse compatability? My Xbox 360 is still working just fine. Exclusive games? I looked at the exclusives for both, and none of PS4's games interested me.

I'm not a fanboy, I was neutral and researched both consoles.
Xbox One is the best console for me.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^May I ask why you still wound up with the Xbox? Most of your reasons were basically "This bad stuff? I don't find it that bad.". You've nullified its disadvantages, okay. What advantages is there to the Xbox, then?

This may sound stupid(Hell it probably is), but why not just put a piece of tape/a book/something to block the camera view? Does the console not turn on if it doesn't detect people or something?

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
^May I ask why you still wound up with the Xbox? Most of your reasons were basically "This bad stuff? I don't find it that bad.". You've nullified its disadvantages, okay. What advantages is there to the Xbox, then?
HALO

tv
tv
sports
sports

The 24 hour online checks are actually a GOOD thing. Developers will also be able to take advantage of the cloud completely, by offloading the processing of massive, persistent worlds and you'll always have an updated system, games and apps at all times. The 300,000 live servers are of course a big part of this.
You'll also be able to access your entire games library from any other system thanks to the fact that games are stored on the cloud.

Along with that, better exclusives, better controller, and the fact that it's great source of media.
It's also going to be a great entertainment hub that combines TV, music and gaming. It'll work with my cable box, will feature its own TV guide and I'll be able to jump among games, Skype, movies, music, television and the Internet seamlessly, using the Kinect’s voice and motion commands. I can play a game and watch a movie simultaneously, or to Skype with friends while I play..all in all, it sounds great.

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
The 24 hour online checks are actually a GOOD thing. Developers will also be able to take advantage of the cloud completely, by offloading the processing of massive, persistent worlds and you'll always have an updated system, games and apps at all times. The 300,000 live servers are of course a big part of this.
You'll also be able to access your entire games library from any other system thanks to the fact that games are stored on the cloud.

Along with that, better exclusives, better controller, and the fact that it's great source of media.
It's also going to be a great entertainment hub that combines TV, music and gaming. It'll work with my cable box, will feature its own TV guide and I'll be able to jump among games, Skype, movies, music, television and the Internet seamlessly, using the Kinect’s voice and motion commands. I can play a game and watch a movie simultaneously, or to Skype with friends while I play..all in all, it sounds great.

a.) Too bad it does none of those 'wonderful things' but it's just a routine pure and nasty DRM check with max 10 MB transfers.

b.) Everyone doesn't live in the US/EU with fast persistent internet

c.) Yeah kinect sounds great. Now tell me how to turn the fucker off.

you must seriously be talented lol i can barely play pokemon and watch a movie at once let alone something like bloody call of duty [no pun intended]
[also i'm thinking that you can still talk to people on multiplayer ps4? like unless you're gonna be focused on their faces or something and why would you be? maybe your friends are really good looking]

though honestly what if you don't want a particular update? like, downloading something that you don't want or has no use to you and is just taking up space on your hard-drive?

[the browser is internet explorer tho...]

and you don't know that ps4 doesn't have similar things. at least, i don't think they shared all that much on it at e3, but i could be wrong.
why pick now? i'd at least like to keep my options open.

a.) Too bad it does none of those 'wonderful things' but it's just a routine pure and nasty DRM check with max 10 MB transfers.

b.) Everyone doesn't live in the US/EU with fast persistent internet

c.) Yeah kinect sounds great. Now tell me how to turn the fucker off.
It actually does do those things. And yeah, it's also for DRM. But it's a necessity. As I said, you will be able install your games to your hard-drive and have your entire library available to play without putting the disc in the disc tray. This is why the 24-hour check is required. Without this, many copies of the same game could be installed into multiple X1's and it would absolutely crumble game sales.

Again, the problem of slow internet doesn't affect me. Like I said before, "Xbox One is the best console for me."

You can turn the Kinect off. Here's what Microsoft said: "You are in control of when Kinect sensing is On, Off or Paused: If you don’t want the Kinect sensor on while playing games or enjoying your entertainment, you can pause Kinect. To turn off your Xbox One, just say “Xbox Off.” When the system is off, it’s only listening for the single voice command -- “Xbox On,” and you can even turn that feature off too. Some apps and games may require Kinect functionality to operate, so you’ll need to turn it back on for these experiences."

You will have the control to everything that the Kinect has to offer. If you don't want it to hear you? You can do that. If you don't want it to see you, you can do that. Don't want it to listen for the "Xbox On" while it's off, you can also do that.

i always figured that it'd be a sort of self-terminating program on the disc that would lock itself after the first execution or something. i'm thinking that's how it works, too - otherwise you could just download it to the xbox of another if they're in close proximity to you [like a neighbour or something] before the daily check can occur. i wouldn't think the cloud has anything to do with that tbh.

as for playing games on another console, can't you just... bring the games with you? oyo
a bit archaic, maybe, but there it is. the cloud could also be optional and not necessary, so i'd hardly call anything that it does 'essential,' but eh.

I'm going watch the recap of today on Spike later, but I missed everything E3 yesterday. Did anything noteworthy happen/get revealed yesterday?

This is why the 24-hour check is required. Without this, many copies of the same game could be installed into multiple X1's and it would absolutely crumble game sales.
This already occurs NOW. Are you telling me game sales are fucking shitty right now?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
All in all the best thing to do with the Xbone, is when you see a friend playing a heated match of CoD on it, say "watch TV".

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
It actually does do those things. And yeah, it's also for DRM. But it's a necessity. As I said, you will be able install your games to your hard-drive and have your entire library available to play without putting the disc in the disc tray. This is why the 24-hour check is required. Without this, many copies of the same game could be installed into multiple X1's and it would absolutely crumble game sales.
No it doesn't learn to read. The other features are manual.

And you just showed ZERO idea how game sales economy works. This is happening NOW. Tell me more about how Activision and EA are absolutely 'crumbling'.

LOL.

Again, the problem of slow internet doesn't affect me. Like I said before, "Xbox One is the best console for me."
For you maybe, Not my problem, but don't try to justify it with useless garbage, which is completely baseless. You are free to like and buy any console.

You can turn the Kinect off. Here's what Microsoft said: "You are in control of when Kinect sensing is On, Off or Paused: If you don’t want the Kinect sensor on while playing games or enjoying your entertainment, you can pause Kinect. To turn off your Xbox One, just say “Xbox Off.” When the system is off, it’s only listening for the single voice command -- “Xbox On,” and you can even turn that feature off too. Some apps and games may require Kinect functionality to operate, so you’ll need to turn it back on for these experiences."
You are only "suspending" it from receiving voice commands and recording. But you cannot turn it OFF. Go read the entire thing before copy pasting lines. That's like saying. "Why would I need to Shut Down my PC? I can always put it on Sleep mode?" Yeah, pretty fucking cool, but I'd rather have control over a PERIPHERAL which is not even an integral part (and no, nifty voice commands don't make it 'integral')

You will have the control to everything that the Kinect has to offer. If you don't want it to hear you? You can do that. If you don't want it to see you, you can do that. Don't want it to listen for the "Xbox On" while it's off, you can also do that.
Google "PRISM NSA", so until I can't pull the plug on that thing and still have my console working I'd call bs.

I don't recall Microsoft saying anything about what you could do with the Kinect in terms of disabling. I really couldn't give a shit about it either way because of how they view their customers.

Oh I don't have the internet for this? Fine, go fuck yourself.

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't recall Microsoft saying anything about what you could do with the Kinect in terms of disabling. I really couldn't give a shit about it either way because of how they view their customers.

Oh I don't have the internet for this? Fine, go fuck yourself.
Actually No. In an interview for a gaming site, Don Mattrick addressed the concerns of gamers who didn't have good stable internet.

Don Mattrick - XBOX CEO said:
What a concerned guy dick.

And It's funny how almost all the readers of the gaming websites went like "Nope, PS4/WiiU"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)