SV Ubers E-killer offense

https://pokepast.es/8c2d70a779f57a3b

Hey all, this is my first attempt at gen9 ubers. Goal of the team is using strong threats with momentum to weaken for Ekiller.

Koraidon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw

I wanted Koraidon to be a main pivot while not being locked into choice item. I see a lot metagame is fairy based and while banded makes Koraidon an instant threat, from experience being locked into a move that can be abused by switching to fairy/tera fairy is not optimal. Boots so it's easier to switch into rocks/tspikes.

Flutter Mane @ Life Orb
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Fast/offensive mon that is a good spinblocker and hits great speed tier when sun is up. Mystical fire/tera to hit Zacian especially under sun so stabs can clean up rest of team.

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Tera Type: Fairy
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
- Play Rough
- Behemoth Blade

Fast, offensive threat that shares some of the same checks as ekiller. Crunch for skelliderge and swords dance instead of substitute for obvious switchins like toxapex.

Miraidon @ Life Orb
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Electro Drift
- U-turn
- Overheat

I went with u-turn over volt switch because playing mind games fearing switches into ting lu or fairies isn't fun and kills momentum if you predict wrong. Tera Dragon for extra power on draco and felt like it has more use cases than electric. Life orb so I'm not locked into wrong move and gives immediate power rather than boots.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Ground
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Fast ground type with intimidate is great! Usually is my lead to click rocks unless I'm staring at an obvious KO like lead Miriadon. Has so many great use cases but is also my only reliable way to outspeed Zacian.

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 200 HP / 248 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Taunt

Late game cleaner once teams are weakened. I know ekiller has fallen out of favor with how other forms like groundceus are usually straight up better, but having stab +2 priority and enough bulk to almost guarantee an SD can't be forgotten about. I speed creeped the suggested set and went with silk scarf so I'm not worn down with recoil. Taunt is fantastic especially with pokemon like skelliderge guaranteed to switch in, making passive pokemon like ting-lu setup fodder, and acts as an antilead to webs and hazard HO.

I've had decent success so far but I still don't know the metagame too well. I'm hoping to get feedback on how to improve the team and give ekiller the opportunity to do it's thing! Thanks all.

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Okay after looking at your team build, assuming you want to focus on ways to break through Ekiller checks, I'd suggest a few changes to make this team more solid, especially maintaining the original vibe.

I think your team is kind of teetering between Hyper Offense and Bulky Offense, as it doesn't really have the defensive core to truly pivot around with Koraidon and Miraidon as your build suggests. Thus I would want to focus on the hyper offense side more, as it seems you want to enable ekiller as much as possible.

Here is a more hyper offense leaning build for it:

https://pokepast.es/60df9016e603c4f4

I went with a core of LO Koraidon and Tera Fire Zacian-C to force progress on Skeledirge for Arceus. LO Eternatus forces progress on Ting-Lu and also acts as a tspike absorber, which is valuable for setup Miraidon + Ekiller. Although you had uturn on Miraidon and Koraidon previously, I dont think those are as valuable considering the style of team, and if you wanted to hone into that side of pivoting, I would suggest something more like this: https://pokepast.es/7113cb8b002566e9

Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)