Duke Nukem Forever lives

It's taken 13 years, tens of millions of dollars, and a couple lawsuits, but the videogame that created the Vaporware Award is finally, officially on its way. Publisher 2K Games and developer Gearbox Software announced this afternoon at the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle that the Chinese Democracy of videogames, Duke Nukem Forever, is complete and will ship early next year.
http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/duke-nukem-forever/1118227p1.html

Game footage:

http://kotaku.com/5629655/your-first-look-at-duke-nukem-forever-in-action

This is really happening, people. Though I can't believe it myself yet

Man I can't go anywhere on the Internet without hearing about this shit, but still I guess it's cool that its actually gonna happen, gearbox is a good developer but i'm not sure if they can make this a buy for me.

I don't believe this at all, how can they can make a game like this? This is probably as bad as ET for the Atari which I never understood how to play lol.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
np: Megadeth - Duke Nukem Theme

It is the coming of the Apocalypse. Duke is probably the embodiment of War or something. Three more horsemen to go...

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Since it's been so many years since I've played Nukem (64), I don't know for sure if I should be excited about this or not. There's lots of nostalgia built in for me, but... looking at some footage from youtube... it... didn't seem to be all that amazing of a game? I can't recall why I liked it so much?

I think the only reason anyone will get it is for nostalgia. I might get it once the price goes down but from what I've seen of it, it definitely won't be worth $60 or so, and it won't take long to drop down in price.

Holy fuck. This is actually happening. Am I the only one who followed the development and its decline?

Also, how can Penny Arcade not have a comic about this yet?! :P

Holy fuck. This is actually happening. Am I the only one who followed the development and its decline?

Also, how can Penny Arcade not have a comic about this yet?! :P
Well, I was 3 when it started developing so not many Smogonites were probably keeping up with it

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
I sure hope they won't sacrifice quality of the game by releasing it early! That would be HORRIBLE!
I think they're 13 years too late on that.

And I agree that it's a troll. As I said on IRC yesterday: I'll believe it's real when I see it in stores.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have been in this line forever. At least it seems to be the ome spot in the expo hall with wifi. My friend started and finished Metroid Zero Mission while waiting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)