SV OU Dual Screens Rotom-W + Choice Band Scizor HO - Peaked #37 at 1945

team banner.png

INTRODUCTION

Firstly, all feedback and critique is welcome and encouraged! Looking to improve.

I dabbled in competitive Pokemon back in Gen 5, had a 10-year hiatus from the series, and recently got into Gen 9 - first Battle Stadium Singles (good grief) on the official game and recently Showdown. I think this shows in my Pokemon choices. The idea was to simply use many of my favorites and make them function as well as possible. More on the building process later.

This is a dual screens team where Rotom-W sets up the screens, Scizor works as a supporting lead against things Rotom-W doesn't like and then pivots into it, and Volcarona, Hatterene, Roaring Moon get behind screens and sweep. Dragonite is the most "glue" Pokemon of the team, patching up some of the team's weaknesses and often getting the team out of bad situations with the combination of its ability Multiscale and priority in Extreme Speed, while still working as a potential sweeper on its own. I've tested other Pokemon on the team like swapping Rotom-W for another screens lead, Scizor for Kingambit, and Dragonite for something else, but for 90+% of its history, including at the time of writing this post, the team has looked like this.

PEAK

#37 rekka auto (cargo truck in Finnish because the English name was taken, F)

peak.png

THE TEAM

rotom-wash.png

Rotom-Wash @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Role and usage:
This set functions both as a screen setter and a bulky pivot that also exerts decent offensive pressure. Originally tried this set as a "let's see how bad it is" meme because I love Rotom and wanted to use screens, but couldn't afford dropping any other slot from the team. Was surprised at how well this thing worked, and though unconventional, it offers great role compression for the team and works well in practice when combined with Scizor.

Item: Light Clay for 8 turns of screens.

Moves: Volt Switch and Hydro Pump exert offensive pressure and keep up momentum. Pain Split is a potential option for Rotom's longevity, but it slows down the pace for such an offensive team quite a lot.

EVs: Standard spread for being maximally defensive while outspeeding an uninvested Great Tusk.

Tera Type: I rarely Tera with this set, but Tera Ghost is there as an emergency option against stuff like Trick Room Ursaluna and certain powerful fighting type users.

scizor.png

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Dual Wingbeat / Knock Off / Tera Blast (Electric)

Role and usage:
The supporting lead of the team, patching up Rotom's difficult matchups. I generally lead with Scizor when I expect the opponent to start with Pokemon such as Rillaboom, Meowscarada, Kyurem, Ninetales-A, Grimmsnarl or Deoxys-S, then either Bullet Punch or U-turn into Rotom-W to set up screens. Scizor works consistently well both early, mid and late game.

Item: Choice Band for the immediate power and for making Bullet Punch OHKO most things weak to Steel.

Moves: Close Combat offers important coverage against threats like Kingambit and Archaludon, and can also OHKO Heatran switch-ins. I've played around with the last moveslot quite a bit, switching between Knock Off, Thief, Dual Wingbeat and Tera Blast with Tera Electric. Knock Off and Thief make the Skeledirge matchup easier for the team, Dual Wingbeat is a solid all-purpose damaging move and Sash breaker, and Electric Tera Blast surprises Corviknight, Skarmory and all the bulky Waters.

EVs: Near maximum HP and attack optimize Scizor's U-turn pivoting and Bullet Punch revenge killing, and the 20 Speed EVs let it outspeed a non-invested Corviknight as well as Skeledirge.

Tera Type: I've been back and forth with this, but Steel seems like the most consistent Tera for Scizor for powering up Bullet Punch to an insane degree with Choice Band. Scizor rarely terastallizes though, with the sweepers of the team usually playing that card.

volcarona.png

Volcarona (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Morning Sun
- Tera Blast

Role and usage:
One of the three main sweepers of the team along with Hatterene and Roaring Moon. Due to its bulk and Morning Sun, it also doubles as a nice Fairy, Fighting, Steel, Ice and Grass switch-in, and a major punisher of physical attacks with Flame Body. In particular U-turns aren't safe against the team because of Volcarona, and it can also switch into and punish Steel attacks directed at Hatterene. Behind a Reflect Volcarona survives pretty much anything for at least a couple hits, then snowoballs out of control with Quiver Dance and Fiery Dance. This thing getting unbanned is what pushed me to move into Showdown from the dark realm that is Battle Stadium Singles on the official game.

Item: Heavy-Duty Boots are by far the safest option oa team like this with no hazard removal tools. Otherwise I might give Lum Berry or Leftovers a shot.

Moves: Morning Sun is mandatory for Bulkarona for acquiring multiple Quiver Dance boosts and for demoralizing the opponent after they realize you're not an offensive variant and the game is now over because you're +4 and too angry to die. Tera Blast adds coverage, with both Fairy and Ground working well. Fiery Dance is better than Flamethrower or Fire Blast because due to this set's bulk, you're not reliant on OHKOs, but will instead be spamming many Fiery Dances and benefitting from the hopeful boosts along the sweep.

EVs: The speed EVs let Volcarona outspeed a Dragapult after one Quiver Dance and a Choice Scarf Darkrai and every Scarf or any Speed Booster user below it after two Quiver Dances. The rest maximize Volcarona's physical bulk. Less speed and more defense can work, but the speed is probably more reliable.

Tera Type: This set is highly Tera reliant. With Fiery Dance as Volcarona's only other damaging move, Tera Fairy or Ground is pretty much mandatory for Tera Blast. Ground is better against Gouging Fire, Iron Boulder, Archaludon, Skeledirge, Heatran, Toxapex and Slowking-G, while Fairy is better against Walking Wake, Zamazenta, Great Tusk, Dragonite, Dragapult and Roaring Moon. Simply put though, I've found Fairy to result in more sweeps. Fairy also has better defensive typing compared to Ground especially against Water moves and it has a better Kingambit matchup as long as it doesn't terastallize into a Fire type.

hatterene.png

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Stored Power
- Nuzzle

Role and usage:
Hazard control, status move control, stallbreaker and a powerful sweeper all in one Pokemon. I got the idea to try Hatterene from Pinkacross' most recent team and was surprised at how broken it was behind screens. This is my main answer for stall, and can defeat almost every matchup if positioned properly. In practice, this is probably the MVP of the team and has resulted in the most frustration from the opponent's side overall.

Item: Leftovers for maximizing the available turns for setting up.

Moves: Stored Power is far superior to Psyshock behind screens, letting you get 2-3 Calm Mind boosts fairly easily and then restore health with Draining Kiss while sweeping with Stored Power. Nuzzle is great for speed control for the team, with the bonus of sometimes haxing the opponent.

EVs: Max physical bulk because Calm Mind takes care of SpA and SpD and speed is unnecessary with Nuzzle.

Tera Type: Water offers a good defensive profile with a resistance to Steel attacks and making Poison neutral, without the crippling weaknesses to common attacks that something like a Steel or Dark Tera would create. With that said, becoming weak to Meowscarada and Rillaboom is also a notable downside to Water.

roaring moon.png

Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- Taunt / Earthquake

Role and usage:
The physical sweeper of the team that doubles as a stallbreaker due to Taunt, making most Gliscor and Ting-Lu sets setup fodder if you terastallize. Difficult to stop once it's behind screens if the opponent has made the mistake of not including powerful priority users on their team. The most common problems for this set are Kingambit and Tyranitar due to them resisting both Acrobatics and Knock Off, as well as Glimmora with Sash + Mortal Spin.

Item: Booster Energy for the Acrobatics power up and for hitting unaware Pokemon harder.

Moves: Putting Taunt on this thing was by far the most satisfying single change I've made on this team. The lack of Earthquake makes some offensive Pokemon wall the set however, but I'll much rather lose to them than to stall.

EVs: I've played with both an Adamant and a Jolly nature. It's honestly a matter of preference. Adamant is slightly better for breaking (in particular vs Unaware), while Jolly lets you outspeed certain important things like Serperior and Iron Valiant.

Tera Type: It's an Acrobatics set, so Tera Flying is important for boosting up the damage output. While Roaring Moon isn't quite as reliant on Tera as Volcarona, it often helps a lot for safely setting up on Fairy types or Body Press Pokemon and for hitting certain OHKOs with Acrobatics.

dragonite.png

Dragonite (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe (Outrage/Fire Punch) OR 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD (Roost)
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Outrage / Ice Spinner / Fire Punch / Roost

Role and usage:
Trump card in situations where I let the opponent's boosts get out of hand, a revenge killer, a Ground immunity, and a sweeper in its own right. A semi-answer to Gouging Fire that can sometimes be annoying for the team. Probably the most expendable slot, yet always gets something done if Volcarona or Roaring Moon don't sweep the opposing team on their own.

Item: I tried Weakness Policy with max HP and Roost. It was quite fun to use against other HO, but virtually useless against bulkier teams. Hence Heavy-Duty Boots.

Moves: I usually prefer Ice Spinner or Outrage instead of Roost or Fire Punch. Outrage comes in handy quite often for getting rid of other Dragon types + denting other Pokemon when you know you're about to go out, while Ice Spinner is good for Landorus-T, Gliscor, Garchomp and other Dragonites. Fire Punch can still be good so that the metal birds can't wall you completely.

EVs: Max speed so that Dragonite can actually outspeed things after a Dragon Dance or two. With Roost, move the speed EVs to HP.

Tera Type: Normal to boost the threat of Extreme Speed and to neutralize all of Dragonite's prior weaknesses.

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

:rotom-wash::scizor::volcarona::gengar::dragonite:
This is a bit different from what you might see usually. The team building process essentially started when I bought Pokemon Violet in late September. I built a team for Battle Stadium Singles out of my favorite Pokemon with some viability-awareness sprinkled in. Fell completely in love with Rotom as a Pokemon here. Volcarona, Scizor and Gengar had always been some of my favorites. Dragonite sounded broken with Tera Normal Extreme Speed and it later turned out I was right.

:rotom-wash::scizor::volcarona::gengar::dragonite::annihilape:
I loved the idea of an iconic, subpar Gen 1 Pokemon getting an epic evolution, and Ghost+Fighting stab seemed incredible. Annihilape ended up being an amazing stallbreaker and a sweeper with Taunt, Bulk Up, Rage Fist and Drain Punch.

:rotom-wash::scizor::volcarona::dragonite::annihilape::milotic:
Though Gengar was fun to use, it really wasn't pulling its weight, and I needed something to counter the braindead Choice Specs and Ursaluna-Bloodmoon stuff online, and a Mirror Coat Milotic worked well for that. Me buying DLC1 at this time contributed to this choice.

:rotom-wash::scizor::volcarona::dragonite::milotic::hydreigon:
Though Annihilape was perhaps the MVP of the team after Dragonite, I ended up having trouble with him in his primary role, a stallbreaker, against Dondozo in particular. This was because Fissure is a thing in the official game. Hydreigon having Levitate and Taunt, Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse and Draco Meteor broke most stall teams with Scizor+Rotom as pivots. This is also the team that I made the pivot to OU with after Volcarona was unbanned.

:rotom-wash::scizor::volcarona::dragonite::meowscarada::hydreigon:
Milotic didn't work the same way in OU as it did in BSS. Turns out it's easier to spam Mirror Coat and win in a ridiculously hyper offensive unregulated 3vs3 meta than in a much more well-balanced 6vs6 meta. I thought Meowscarada would offer some nice pressure to the team, and it worked fine but not spectacularly. It kinda did the same thing Scizor does but was faster and weaker.

:rotom-wash::scizor::volcarona::dragonite::meowscarada::roaring-moon:
Similar to Milotic, Hydreigon wasn't working quite as well in the OU meta. I decided to give a paradox Pokemon a shot for the first time. Salamence was my favorite Pokemon as a 12 year old, but friendship ended with Salamence and my new best friend was now power creep Salamence. I was hesitant at first since Roaring Moon seemed more frail than I thought, but I immediately saw the sweeping potential.

:rotom-wash::scizor::volcarona::hatterene::roaring-moon::dragonite:
I saw Pinkacross' newest team along with the 1-hour gameplay video which finally made me realize that Hatterene is exactly the sort of Pokemon I have fun with. It functions almost the way Annihilape did in the sense that it boosts itself up, then hits hard with two good stabs, and is pseudo-immune to status: Annihilape with Taunt and a decent speed tier, Hatterene with Magic Bounce - which is arguably even better. However, even with max physical bulk, it seemed to die quite often before doing that much. Roaring Moon had the same issue. This is where I decided to try screens, and the only place where I figured I could put them was Rotom, and so I replaced Pain Split and Will-O-Wisp with screens. It worked way better than I expected, so I kept doing it and here we are.

A brief note on: :kingambit::archaludon::great-tusk:

I replaced Scizor with Kingambit for a short period of time, and while it filled a similar purpose and had better sweeping potential, it was also somewhat inconsistent and completely lacked any kind of lead synergy with Rotom that Scizor had. I've also tried Archaludon and Great Tusk in place of Dragonite at some points, but have found myself always returning to the Gen 1 OG. I suppose these Pokemon were also a way for me to test if my team would be that much better if I simply swapped some Pokemon for more popular options, but it didn't seem to be the case.

THREATS

pelipper.png
archaludon.png

With no Electric immunity on the team and Volcarona being quite vulnerable in rain, Pelipper + Electro Shot Archaludon can do quite a lot of damage to the team. If Pelipper lacks Ice Beam or doesn't Hurricane hax though, Dragonite can sometimes sweep a rain team virtually alone if I lead with it or I manage to deal with Archaludon early.

skeledirge.png
corviknight.png

A very annoying defensive core. Rotom-W can deal with both, but as a screens setter it lacks the longevity to play the switching game that balance and stall teams force you into. With proper positioning behind screens though, both Roaring Moon and Hatterene can sweep. In particular, Hatterene can Nuzzle the Skeledirge switch-in, switch out, then switch into something else later after screens are up and get one Calm Mind in before Skeledirge enters. If para hax doesn't happen on Skeledirge, Tera Water + Light Screen guarantees that you get enough boosts to Stored Power 2HKO or OHKO Skeledirge and possibly the rest of the opposing team afterwards. These kinds of cores are the main reason to consider Tera Ground for Volcarona, but that makes a bunch of other Pokemon more difficult for the team, notably Kingambit.

tyranitar.png
excadrill.png
corviknight.png

Tough for much of the same reasons as the Skeledirge + Corviknight core. Dragonite and Scizor can threaten Tyranitar and Excadrill, but both get walled by Corviknight. Need to deal with it or figure something out (Electric Tera Blast on Scizor and Fire Punch on Dragonite are some options). Just need to play smart and patient.

blissey.png
clodsire.png

Tera Dark Blissey and Tera Dark/Steel Clodsire on stall teams can wall Hatterene. In these cases you need to prepare for a PP stalling game with whichever Pokemon the opponent chooses as their Stored Power check. In such a long game, there's a good chance that either para hax from Nuzzle or a critical hit will win you the game at some point in the 90+ turns that you end up playing (one example of this in the replays section). Other than that, just need to be patient, make conservative plays and pick your moments carefully. One premature Tera, dumb read, or unnecessary Toxic can lose you the whole thing.

ursaluna.png

Trick Room Ursaluna OHKOs every Pokemon on my team except for Dragonite if I don't have Reflect up. Need to time screens properly or Tera Ghost with Rotom and hope Hydro Pump doesn't miss.

REPLAYS

Added 1/19/24:
Current peak: :primarina::roaring-moon::dragonite::ogerpon-wellspring::landorus-therian::kingambit:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2038716384
Lilligant-H sun: :torkoal::walking-wake::hatterene::gouging-fire::roaring-moon::lilligant-hisui:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2038710568
Ogerpon-W sand: :ogerpon-wellspring::tyranitar::corviknight::excadrill::landorus-therian::gholdengo:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2037865967
Trick Room: :ursaluna::hatterene::cresselia::iron-hands::kingambit::skeledirge:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2036064276?p2
Ogerpon-W rain: :pelipper::basculegion-f::manaphy::ogerpon-wellspring::ting-lu::corviknight:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2032522387?p2
Keldeo sand: :tyranitar::gliscor::mamoswine::keldeo-resolute::amoonguss::excadrill:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2033692309
Example of Volcarona beating Heatran without terastallizing: :rillaboom::archaludon::primarina::great-tusk::heatran::skarmory:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2033660445?p2
Tera Steel Clodsire stall: :meowscarada::gliscor::clefable::slowking-galar::clodsire::dondozo:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2032504421?p2

Added 1/11/24:
Deoxys-S HO: :slowking-galar::deoxys-speed::volcarona::dragapult::landorus-therian::alomomola:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2032115789
Rain HO: :pelipper::archaludon::enamorus::great-tusk::kingambit::samurott-hisui:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2032016723?p2
Keldeo HO: :keldeo::ting-lu::great-tusk::meowscarada::archaludon::volcarona:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2032008076?p2
Ting-Lu balance/BO: :samurott-hisui::skarmory::ting-lu::dragapult::gholdengo::slowking-galar:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2031998987?p2
Iron Boulder HO: :iron-boulder::raging-bolt::great-tusk::slowking-galar::dragapult::moltres:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2031989618?p2
Tera Dark Blissey stall: :blissey::corviknight::alomomola::cyclizar::dondozo::gliscor:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2031334679
Sticky Web: :darkrai::ribombee::gholdengo::glimmora::dragonite::great-tusk:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2030812981?p2
Keldeo sand: :tyranitar::gliscor::mamoswine::keldeo::amoonguss::excadrill:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2030276317
Trick Room: :cresselia::hatterene::ursaluna::cinderace::hoopa-unbound::gholdengo:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2023149126
Ditto HO: :latios::meowscarada::landorus-therian::gholdengo::primarina::ditto:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2023147680?p2
Zamazenta balance: :clefable::gliscor::kingambit::zamazenta::skarmory::toxapex:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2023146693
Skeledrige HO/BO: :skeledirge::rillaboom::samurott-hisui::primarina::great-tusk::archaludon:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2022998565
Deoxys-S HO: :deoxys-speed::roaring-moon::volcarona::zamazenta::manaphy::gholdengo:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2022994293?p2
Enamorus HO: :enamorus::samurott-hisui::glimmora::gouging-fire::iron-boulder::great-tusk:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2022474162?p2
Meowscarada stall: :meowscarada::gliscor::clefable::slowking-galar::clodsire::dondozo:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2022442044?p2
Serperior HO: :serperior::roaring-moon::great-tusk::rillaboom::heatran::hawlucha:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2022371544?p2
Toedscruel HO: :iron-moth::toedscruel::iron-valiant::iron-crown::iron-boulder::roaring-moon:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2022366478
Weezing-Galar stall: :weezing-galar::dondozo::gliscor::clefable::blissey::clodsire:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2022363798?p2
Kyurem sun HO: :kyurem::deoxys-speed::raging-bolt::gouging-fire::torkoal::walking-wake:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2022359323
Ogerpon-C rain HO: :archaludon::pelipper::zapdos::barraskewda::ogerpon-cornerstone::great-tusk:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2022352278
Keldeo HO: :keldeo::latios::primarina::dragapult::raging-bolt::iron-crown:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2022308556
Glimmora HO: :glimmora::hatterene::volcarona::roaring-moon::kingambit::iron-boulder:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2022297187
Hippowdon sand balance: :hippowdon::excadrill::skarmory::primarina::darkrai::latios:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2021542136
Hippowdon sand balance: :hippowdon::excadrill::corviknight::primarina::latios::weavile:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2021496545
Dragon Tail Gouging Fire HO: :garganacl::volcarona::gholdengo::samurott-hisui::gouging-fire::great-tusk:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2021487294?p2
Tera Fire Kingambit: :latios::gliscor::great-tusk::primarina::rillaboom::kingambit:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2021479510
Conkeldurr Trick Room: :bronzong::conkeldurr::hatterene::hoopa-unbound::mimikyu::ursaluna:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2021673018
Garchomp HO: :iron-valiant::kingambit::great-tusk::slowking-galar::garchomp::rotom-wash:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2021405319?p2
Kyurem HO: :kyurem::slowking-galar::meowscarada::great-tusk::enamorus::samurott-hisui:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2021401344?p2
Kyurem balance: :kyurem::volcanion::clefable::corviknight::weavile::dondozo:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2021381462
Kyurem balance: :kyurem::gliscor::slowking-galar::great-tusk::kingambit::dragapult:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2021647536
Serperior HO: :serperior::dragapult::rillaboom::heatran::zapdos::iron-treads:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2021640906
Keldeo HO: :keldeo::kyurem::iron-moth::scizor::gliscor::ogerpon-wellspring:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2021635915?p2
Cinderace HO: :dragapult::cinderace::gliscor::samurott-hisui::amoonguss::dragonite:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2021635915?p2

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

Last edited:
I remember playing this team and being so confused by Screens Rotom. I was so scared of getting my Zama statused LOL
great shit, suprise factor 100% :heart:

Anyways, just a quick rate because I remember playing u. You seem pretty weak to :dragapult: Hex + Status Pult. It annoys most of your team with its STABs and Status and also ignores screens. Roaring Moon can beat it if its speed booster, but Tera Fairy/Dark (the two that it commonly runs) can eat a hit and Wisp/Twave crippling your Moonie. Ofc I won't make an fringe situation (HexPult running Twave and Wisp) some do tho...

Its status antics stop sweepers on your team and also sometimes force a tera which can be a huge strain on the team if you need to break past something. (Eg. Tera Fairy on Volc is forced to kill Pult) I think you could swap Scizor or Hatterene for something like a Bulky NP setup Dengo (Tera Fairy maybe or something else.)

https://pokepast.es/2f0f4cef2b510fab <--- team i was using so u get an idea maybe.

Also the team in general (not to be rude) is a bit MU fishy. Volc and Hatt are walled by its normal counters (Heatran and Clod) and Moon, Dnite and Sciz (provided ur running standard Tera Steel) are walled by Dozo, ID Mandibuzz/Corv/Skarm. Ofc you can use Rotom for it, but it feels a bit slower and wastes your Screen Turns (or abilities/items already exausted).

I mean in the end you where able to achieve a cool elo number sooo.. GO TEAM :boi:

I remember playing this team and being so confused by Screens Rotom. I was so scared of getting my Zama statused LOL
great shit, suprise factor 100% :heart:

Anyways, just a quick rate because I remember playing u. You seem pretty weak to :dragapult: Hex + Status Pult. It annoys most of your team with its STABs and Status and also ignores screens. Roaring Moon can beat it if its speed booster, but Tera Fairy/Dark (the two that it commonly runs) can eat a hit and Wisp/Twave crippling your Moonie. Ofc I won't make an fringe situation (HexPult running Twave and Wisp) some do tho...

Its status antics stop sweepers on your team and also sometimes force a tera which can be a huge strain on the team if you need to break past something. (Eg. Tera Fairy on Volc is forced to kill Pult) I think you could swap Scizor or Hatterene for something like a Bulky NP setup Dengo (Tera Fairy maybe or something else.)

https://pokepast.es/2f0f4cef2b510fab <--- team i was using so u get an idea maybe.

Also the team in general (not to be rude) is a bit MU fishy. Volc and Hatt are walled by its normal counters (Heatran and Clod) and Moon, Dnite and Sciz (provided ur running standard Tera Steel) are walled by Dozo, ID Mandibuzz/Corv/Skarm. Ofc you can use Rotom for it, but it feels a bit slower and wastes your Screen Turns (or abilities/items already exausted).

I mean in the end you where able to achieve a cool elo number sooo.. GO TEAM :boi:
Thanks for the feedback. Happy to hear Screens Rotom confuses people lmao!

Hex Dragapult is definitely annoying but I've never thought of it as a threat. If it stays in Rotom can eat 30-40% and pivot into Hatterene who can straight up 1v1 it and win with 2 Draining Kisses, and if the Pult terastallizes into Fairy, Scizor can revenge kill it. If it doesn't stay in and any of my sweepers (bar Dragonite) get one boost up, they also win. And like you said, Tera Fairy Volcarona works well though it uses up the Tera. If I expect Twave I'll switch into Hatterene and bounce it back.

I'm open to the idea of a bulky NP Gholdengo for other reasons though. Like you said, Clodsire, Dondozo and the birds (as well is Dirge) can be pretty annoying. Behind screens Roaring Moon can Taunt and beat any one of them, but without screens it'll take too much damage. I may also consider Tera Ground on Volcarona, and/or Tera Electric on Scizor. NP Gholdengo will get walled by certain stuff too however, namely Clodsire and Tera Water Garganacl.

Grats on the peak, very cool team considering you returned to mons after 10 years as you said and nice presentation. To give my 2 cents I'd consider running max speed on Scizor, hitting a speed stat of 229. This helps outspeed almost every Heatran you'll run into and allow you to kill them with CC, as well as outspeeding 0 speed Gliscor and potentially knocking off Toxic Orb before it activates (although this is a fringe scenario seeing as they'll always protect). It also makes you outspeed every Kingambit which is absolutely huge, and random things under its speed tier that creep each other. Outspeeding most Rotom wash is also nice allowing you to dent them with U-Turn or CC.

Grats on the peak, very cool team considering you returned to mons after 10 years as you said and nice presentation. To give my 2 cents I'd consider running max speed on Scizor, hitting a speed stat of 229. This helps outspeed almost every Heatran you'll run into and allow you to kill them with CC, as well as outspeeding 0 speed Gliscor and potentially knocking off Toxic Orb before it activates (although this is a fringe scenario seeing as they'll always protect). It also makes you outspeed every Kingambit which is absolutely huge, and random things under its speed tier that creep each other. Outspeeding most Rotom wash is also nice allowing you to dent them with U-Turn or CC.
Max Speed Scizor is considerably more squishy and honestly hurts more than it helps. Bullet Punch doesn’t need speed, slow U-Turns are better for teammates, and things like Heatran and Gliscor if you’re going to hit them at all will always be when they are switching in.

Props to the OP for using Banded Scizor. I want to try it now.

I did try a max speed Choice Band Scizor as well as max speed Swords Dance for a brief period. I agree the Kingambit matchup as well as some other MUs become way better with max speed, but like RaikouLover said, the bulk seems to be more consistently useful, and the lack of speed wasn't always a downside. With SD, the extra speed was definitely a better option, but I missed the immediate power of CB when using that set. It's too bad Scizor didn't get Roost back via DLC2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)